You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would it be racist to...

Baltar

Ah, I've just looked it up & apparently people used to replace the word 'tiger' with the name of the dog out of Dambusters.

Genuinely did not know that.

I'm still not convinced that the t-shirt is racist though.

Oh, Mook, you're so younggggg.

I bet one of your favourite childhood stories wasn't Little Black Sambo either.

I feel terrible just writing that

You not seen pulp fiction ?

Your memory must be as bad as mine because we've had that discussion a couple of times.

I've seen Pulp Fiction & if that rhyme is in it then it has escaped me like a dove departing its nest to head East for the great carnival of Tanktatta.

Am I right in saying that baa baa black sheep is banned in schools?

Almost certainly not.

My girl has learned multiple versions at nursery though, but I don't believe that's for PC reasons.

Baa baa pink sheep have you any spots. Yes sir yes sir lots and lots.

Spots on my fingers, spots on my toes, and spots on the end of my fluffy pink nose.

that there is my favourite.

Your memory must be as bad as mine because we've had that discussion a couple of times.

I've seen Pulp Fiction & if that rhyme is in it then it has escaped me like a dove departing its nest to head East for the great carnival of Tanktatta.

1:29 in.

• Upvote 1

Ah, I've just looked it up & apparently people used to replace the word 'tiger' with the name of the dog out of Dambusters.

Genuinely did not know that.

I'm still not convinced that the t-shirt is racist though.

It was always "catch a baby" when I was growing up (in that heartland of PC-gone-mad, 1970s Runcorn).

The T-shirt isn't racist. Clarkson, on the other hand...

• Upvote 2

I've seen Pulp Fiction & if that rhyme is in it then it has escaped me like a dove departing its nest to head East for the great carnival of Tanktatta.

Yeah we have. Forgot.
  • Upvote 1

I completed an Equality and Diversity course on Monday so feel free to ask any questions. I most certainly didn't sleep through it.

I was on one of those courses which was interrupted by a knock on the door. 'Anyone expecting any guests?' Asked the lad who'd done the knocking, 'only there's a bunch of tiddly winks downstairs and nobody knows where to send them!'

Do you think Diversity are as good as they were now that Perri is all grown up and not as cute and they can't chuck him around anymore?

I hate that little turd. Best thing ever when he fell on his face at 10 Downing St and got carried away like a baby. Laughed my arse off.

Not a race thing, just a silly hair thing.

• Upvote 1