You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What now for Konchesky and Poulsen

LFC 6 Times

All that shit with his Ma and the fact that's he's perceived as "roy's boy" by many has played against him hugely as well.

Amazingly , this is true* and the shameless way he was hung out to dry by Hodgson against Wolves was just typical of the man.

* I feel all dirty for agreeing with TimR

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom you're often spot on but Koncheski is every bit as bad as he's made out. He can sometimes confuse with the fact that he runs a lot and does - in fairness - put a shift in, but he has the worst positional sense for a defender I think I've ever seen in a Liverpool player, it's absolutely non existent and he's had more balls inside him than Asia Carerra. He is a total liability.

Hard to disagree with you about Konchesky but the same can be said about 'Englands best Right Back' on the other side of the pitch.

Amazingly , this is true* and the shameless way he was hung out to dry by Hodgson against Wolves was just typical of the man.

* I feel all dirty for agreeing with TimR

Stupid sexy Tim....

Poulsen wasn't a regular, even under Roy. I'd say he's behind Meireles, Lucas, Shelvey and Spearing in the pecking order as it is.

Konchesky...well I'd at least like to see Aurelio our first choice when fit, but I think it's inevitable he'll continue to get games, unless Kenny decides to play Agger or Wilson there (or even Robinson, but after Insua I'd be wary about relying on a promising youngster to be Aurelio's much-used understudy and blood them more slowly)

As far as flogging either of them (or more likely giving them away!) goes, can we even do that this month under FIFA rules since we just bought them at the start of this season (something like not playing for three clubs in a 12 month period?)

whilst it is clear that neither are good enough to start regular games for us, under a decent manager they could become okay squad players, there is a good player somewhere in Poulsen (vanished when he joined Juve) and this season aside Konchesky has always been an average premier league left back although unfortunately Fabio is injured too much for us to have him as second choice but clean slate for everyone if Kenny wants to give them a go for me