You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Booked 3 nights near Ashbourne, Derbyshire, in August with the wife and the sister in law's mob. Should be ace.

I'd like to get out 3/4 times a year but it never quite happens; we usually get a couple of trips and a festival but this is the only trip we have planned this year.

I'd quite like to find a nice site on the continent, within a few hours of Calais, for next year.

• 3 years later...

Me and my mate play this one out now and again, usually when we're pissed.

"You know them vans that have been converted so you can sleep in them?"

"Camper?"

*in the voice of julian clary* "You know them vans that have been converted so you can sleep in them?"

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone done much wild camping? I did the other night near a parks trust site, loved it. I did it illegally as the only place I could find online that would let us camp wanted £24 for a tent and probably wouldn't let us have a fire.

51 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Anyone done much wild camping? I did the other night near a parks trust site, loved it. I did it illegally as the only place I could find online that would let us camp wanted £24 for a tent and probably wouldn't let us have a fire.

What type of leaves did you wipe your arse on?

59 minutes ago, Remmie said:

We went here first week of the school holidays. Tenner a night and was fantastic. Only facilities were a portaloo and fire pits. 

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/South_West/Devon/Dawlish/ashcombe-woodland-campsite/?type=4&#csdetail

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What type of leaves did you wipe your arse on?

Didn't need a shit whilst camping, which was something of a miracle as I had had 5 shits in the day time getting a bad arse after a night on the sauce. I took some bogroll with.

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

We went here first week of the school holidays. Tenner a night and was fantastic. Only facilities were a portaloo and fire pits. 

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/South_West/Devon/Dawlish/ashcombe-woodland-campsite/?type=4&#csdetail

Cheers, would like to do something like that but closer to home as I will only get a night off here and there.

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Didn't need a shit whilst camping, which was something of a miracle as I had had 5 shits in the day time getting a bad arse after a night on the sauce. I took some bogroll with.

Cheers, would like to do something like that but closer to home as I will only get a night off here and there.

Have a look on pitch up, you can book sites all

over the country. 

They have everything from wild camping to glamping. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

Have a look on pitch up, you can book sites all

over the country. 

They have everything from wild camping to glamping. 

Yeah I did, the only place they had nearby was £24 for fuck all. 

It's more exciting without permission anyway!

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Spent two nights camping in a tent that broke (because of what felt like a hurricane) at Shell Island about 9 years back and i was beyond wild at the end, i was positively enraged. 

On 28/08/2012 at 20:49, Paul said:

As I side note, I saw the biggest turd of my life in the bogs there. At first I thought it was a branch off a tree that someone had wedged into the toilet. No word of a lie, it was three feet long and as thick as my forearm. What state the perpetrator's arse was in, I dread to imagine.

Just trawling through this thread and two things struck me, one that is used to actually enjoy camping for some unknown reason and two, this quite beautifully poetic post by Paul.

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

We want to take Mrs L's motorhome to the east coast of t' Yorkshire. Ideally Hornsea area. Close to the sea as possible. Anyone know anywhere in that direction? Cheers. 

Not much help but I’ve enjoyed some nice dog walks on Barmston Beach.

It’s only about 10 miles away from Hornsea. 

I’m proper fancying a motorhome myself at the moment. It’s probably a midlife crisis but I wouldn’t mind just fucking off in one, with the wife, and seeing where we end up. 

My missus goes to Saltburn with her mate in their “bongo” campervan. Dunno quite where it is, but it’s east coast way, and they just park up in a lay-by that doesn’t prevent overnight stays and has a public loo nearby