You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not really, I've always been against the European union, as was this countries greatest ever prime minister (and I dont mean Churchill) I abstained because there were a lot of negatives involving what the Tories could do, ie it was a head rule the heart decision to bale out.

Do you mean...

19-Margaret-Thatcher.gif

If so, this could get interesting.

1 minute ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Do you mean...

19-Margaret-Thatcher.gif

If so, this could get interesting.

A small example of how far right the political pendulum has swung.

Thatcher despite all her bullshit rhetoric and the majority to do so didnt go past base one to leave Europe in all her time as prime minister. Labour meanwhile had it in the manifesto to leave in their first term of power and amongst members and labour mps that policy was not really of any dispute. Make of that what you will.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What part have of the above have I misread, taken out of context etc?

I've explained this to you already, with links and a full detail of what I was responding to; you called it bullshit and said I didn't post links, then you said that post you just quoted was deleted, called me a liar, etc. I'm not sure me explaining it to you once again is actually going to make you understand it.

8 minutes ago, Numero said:

I've explained this to you already, with links and a full detail of what I was responding to; you called it bullshit and said I didn't post links, then you said that post you just quoted was deleted, called me a liar, etc. I'm not sure me explaining it to you once again is actually going to make you understand it.

So there is nothing you can point to in the post  I've taken out of context. Rightie O.

1 minute ago, Numero said:

I'm a shrill, it's my job? 

Why the question mark?

I found it interesting that after being called out for the nonsense you wrote about Corbyn holding back Starmer you then went on another thread and wrote an essay on how awful it was the press were doorstepping him,  the cynic in me suspects it was a bluff and you are indeed a multiplicity stooge., but whatever rocks your boat.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why the question mark?

I found it interesting that after being called out for the nonsense you wrote about Corbyn holding back Starmer you then went on another thread and wrote an essay on how awful it was the press were doorstepping him,  the cynic in me suspects it was a bluff and you are indeed a multiplicity stooge., but whatever rocks your boat.

You’re on it. I can’t get anything passed you. Wish I hadn’t said ‘Corbyn was holding back Starmer‘ now. Should have known you’d have caught that lie. 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

You’re on it. I can’t get anything passed you. Wish I hadn’t said ‘Corbyn was holding back a Starmer‘ now. Should have known you’d have caught that lie. 

Well if it wasnt a lie its clearly bullshit or after the shit Corbyn endured by the parliamentary labour party trolling. Corbyn to my knowledge has not said one derogatory word about Starmer. You made it all up.

Just now, Gnasher said:

Well if it wasnt a lie its clearly bullshit or after the shit Corbyn endured by the parliamentary labour party trolling. Corbyn to my knowledge has not said one derogatory word about Starmer. You made it all up.

Yes, and I should fucking well stop saying that about Corbyn. I’m with you. 

There is no question that a percentage of Corbyn supporters do not buy into Starmer.

Very much in the same way that Sanders supporters resisted Clinton last time and have made similar overtures about Biden this time around.

Only an idiot would doubt that. The main opposition, not sure, but certainly part of it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is no question that a percentage of Corbyn supporters do not buy into Starmer.

Very much in the same way that Sanders supporters resisted Clinton last time and have made similar overtures about Biden this time around.

Only an idiot would doubt that. The main opposition, not sure, but certainly part of it.

Just for some sort of context, I was talking to scooby about who he was winning over. The overall rising trend in polling shows he is winning over outsiders (or at least people across the entire spectrum) but when you juxtapose it with the issues he is seeing in these early days with red wall voters and with those ‘still supporting Corbyn’, the latter are definitely the ones he is having a harder job winning over and they certainly are the ones most opposed to him right now. Many of them seem to just fucking hate the guy on principle. I then expanded on that afterwards. The idea that I was telling lies about how Corbyn was talking smack about Starmer is the invention of a lunatic. It was just a passing comment on who Starmer has a tougher job convincing.