You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

20 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He might be back if Sunak wins. I hope Sunak dosn't win.

I understand the Tory MPs are voting for the final two with the Tory Party members voting for the winner. Hopefully as members of the public they will do the right thing and send Rishi with the fishies.

19 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He might be back if Sunak wins. I hope Sunak dosn't win.

Who do you want to win? I genuinely don't know, I find the whole process thoroughly depressing. Assuming the last 3 would be Truss, Sunak and Morduant, who the fuck would you pick from them? For me I think sunak is the safest pair of hands. Even with his shocking track record. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Who do you want to win? I genuinely don't know, I find the whole process thoroughly depressing. Assuming the last 3 would be Truss, Sunak and Morduant, who the fuck would you pick from them? For me I think sunak is the safest pair of hands. Even with his shocking track record. 

Both Mourdant and Truss would be horrific for different reasons. As you say, Sunak is probably the least offensive of the three which is certainly damning with the faintest of praise.

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Both Mourdant and Truss would be horrific for different reasons. As you say, Sunak is probably the least offensive of the three which is certainly damning with the faintest of praise.

And he's probably most beatable in 2024 too. The other 2 might somehow hold the cult together. Sunak's skin colour won't make that possible and no matter who the chancellor is or who is driving the chancellor, the economy is going to be fucking shite between now and then as the global issues aren't likely to subside. And he'll have no chance to blame the last fella. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

And he's probably most beatable in 2024 too. The other 2 might somehow hold the cult together. Sunak's skin colour won't make that possible and no matter who the chancellor is or who is driving the chancellor, the economy is going to be fucking shite between now and then as the global issues aren't likely to subside. And he'll have no chance to blame the last fella. 

I said in the other thread that, for me, Mourdant is nailed on to win. She's saying all the right things to appeal to their core vote.

14 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I said in the other thread that, for me, Mourdant is nailed on to win. She's saying all the right things to appeal to their core vote.

The thing is I think they have 2 cores now. The cult and the pensioners. I'm not arsed about her appealing to the pensioners, they're going to vote Tory regardless and through this economic crisis, they'll potentially be one of the least hit because of the triple lock. The cult is a whole different thing. I'm not sure she is carrying that anti-brexit stance too well and getting a kicking off lord frost today won't help that and will be the start of an active campaign against her imo.

I thought she was the favourite when this all started (she was my pick on the cunt thread), but I'm starting to think she won't make the last 2.  Sue Ellen has backed truss tonight. Other parts of the ERG have already declared behind her since the vote too, so the rest of the cult will either fall in behind or hopefully break up all together and turn on each other.

Truss being PM is fucking dangerous though. I think all 3 should be beatable by labour and the libdems, it's just what state the country is in when the winner is done. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The thing is I think they have 2 cores now. The cult and the pensioners. I'm not arsed about her appealing to the pensioners, they're going to vote Tory regardless and through this economic crisis, they'll potentially be one of the least hit because of the triple lock. The cult is a whole different thing. I'm not sure she is carrying that anti-brexit stance too well and getting a kicking off lord frost today won't help that and will be the start of an active campaign against her imo.

I thought she was the favourite when this all started (she was my pick on the cunt thread), but I'm starting to think she won't make the last 2.  Sue Ellen has backed truss tonight. Other parts of the ERG have already declared behind her since the vote too, so the rest of the cult will either fall in behind or hopefully break up all together and turn on each other.

Truss being PM is fucking dangerous though. I think all 3 should be beatable by labour and the libdems, it's just what state the country is in when the winner is done. 

If Truss becomes PM then that will convince me further that the Tories don't actually want to win the next election and would rather someone else deal with the financial mess they've left the country in.

Just now, Rushies tash said:

If Truss becomes PM then that will convince me further that the Tories don't actually want to win the next election and would rather someone else deal with the financial mess they've left the country in.

Nah I don't think they ever want to lose. I think just a question of the ERG can drive the direction of the party and they want a leader they can control and it looks to me they've picked her. It was why they put Johnson in place in the first place. None of them want to front the show as they need a lightening rod who can be disposed of when things are going wrong. The thicker and more morally corrupt they are, the easier they are to control. And in that respect truss fits the bill just like Johnson did. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Nah I don't think they ever want to lose. I think just a question of the ERG can drive the direction of the party and they want a leader they can control and it looks to me they've picked her. It was why they put Johnson in place in the first place. None of them want to front the show as they need a lightening rod who can be disposed of when things are going wrong. The thicker and more morally corrupt they are, the easier they are to control. And in that respect truss fits the bill just like Johnson did. 

You're probably right, but it's all moot as Mourdaunt will win. She's 8/11 with the bookies for good reason.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

These people are shameless. They are also twats.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/07/14/aides-blamed-nasty-misogynistic-culture-boris-johnsons-downing/

Number 10 blamed former aides for the atmosphere in the workplace, with a spokesman for Mr Johnson saying: “Previous aides who have devoted their lives to bringing down the PM did indeed preside over a nasty, misogynistic culture.”

So more parties which were never even investigated?

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

You're probably right, but it's all moot as Mourdaunt will win. She's 8/11 with the bookies for good reason.

We'll see mate. I don't dispute she'll beat sunak in a run off, I'm fact I'm sure she will. I'm just not sure she'll finish in front of truss to get into the run off. In fact I'm confident she won't. 

11 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

For the country they will all prove disastrous but for Labour its got to be Truss, she's an idiot. 

When asked yesterday why she'd not called for Johnson to go earlier Truss said she was busy sorting out Putin. She's a fucking barnpot.

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

For the country they will all prove disastrous but for Labour its got to be Truss, she's an idiot. 

When asked yesterday why she'd not called for Johnson to go earlier Truss said she was busy sorting out Putin. She's a fucking barnpot.

The trade off with that though, is i think she is likely to be the most dangerous of the three for our literal safety, our economy in general, for anyone who struggles to make ends meet and I would suspect she would be very comfortable dragging the country as far right as possible to try and prove her credentials. 

The reality is i think all 3 are beatable by labour (or certainly enough for labour to get a minority government), but what damage could be done before then.