You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some good points made here.

Basically the owners have given Brendan a very tight budget to work with.

We made an offer to Fulham for 4M (the Charlie Adam money) and that was all we had to work with, which is a fucking disgrace when you figure how how much money the Boston Red Sox spend every year all for a game of fucking 'rounders' but there we are.

I like Rodgers he has my 100% support.

FSG/TLA/WTF? or whatever you want to call them have yet to impress me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had three months to sign a striker.

A striker that was needed when we still had Kuyt, Bellamy, Carroll, Ecclestone & Pacheco.

We got rid of four of them & tried to get shut of the last.

Yet spent all day yesterday arguing between themselves about raising money for a midfielder.

It's poor whichever way you look at it.

I can understand totally what there trying to do and it is something that needs to be done now.

What I dont agree with is leaving us a barebones squad and seemingly making Rodgers look like a total cunt at every oppotunity.

Though I also dont think there doing it on purpose and its them showing total lack of knowledge about football.

This might help explain things easier.

###total stolen with no shame or guilt from RAWK

You should have stolen the other stuff too though ;)

the stuff about the 80% increase in the TV rights from next season. Liverpool will be getting 90m+ per season

Premier League TV rights Q&A, including where the money goes and what next « Sporting Intelligence

and the stuff about the wage bill being cut by 450k per week. Add to all that 50m per season from Standard Chartered and Warrior.

So where is the money going? and Seriously Dempsey for Carroll?

We had three months to sign a striker.

A striker that was needed when we still had Kuyt, Bellamy, Carroll, Ecclestone & Pacheco.

We got rid of four of them & tried to get shut of the last.

Yet spent all day yesterday arguing between themselves about raising money for a midfielder.

It's poor whichever way you look at it.

We really dont know what actually happend though.

Maybe they thought selling Carroll for around £20 million wasnt going to be a problem.

When they realised it was going to be a problem was when Rodgers said there was noway he was going out onloan.

Because at that time they werent letting him go onloan and still thought they would sell him.

Then at the last moment they knew noone was buying him so when West Ham cameback in to loan him with view to buying,they let him go realising that if they didnt and it being obvious he wouldnt get much game time here.

That letting him go out onloan with view to selling him is better than letting him rot on the bench and his value sink even lower.

The sale of him will probably be a vast chunk of next seasons transfer kitty.

Guest San Don
Fulham weren't the only one's playing games though - factor in Werner's comments, Rodgers ill-advised reference to him, the signing article, and Henry's' off-the-record comments to the US supporters club, and then add in Fulham's director of comms stating we only ever bid £3m (not refuted by us).

Also, most people wanted a replacement for Carroll and have only ever pointed to the way in which we've handled this as a whole, and the way in which they fucked up what appeared to be a target that's been on the radar all summer. Try reading the thread, it's not about Dempsey, it's about the way they've gone about things.

They're taking shit because the manger knows we need at least three forwards, clearly expected to have them, and had the rug pulled from under him.

This!

Rodgers even suggests he wouldnt have moved on some players if he hadnt been forced to.

He said: 'Sometimes it is not through choice. If it was carte-blanche and I could do what I wish maybe some of these players wouldn't be out of the door.

Speaking before the deadline, Rodgers made clear he wanted another forward.

'Absolutely,' he said. 'That was what I felt coming in from the off. I felt we needed to have greater threats in the team, not just one or two.'

Read more: Brendan Rodgers looks to move on from Liverpool's deadline day drought | Mail Online

How the fuck people think we are in a better position now when the manager clearly suggests some of his players wouldnt have been moved on and, only having 2 not 3 strikers, as he wanted, god only knows.

You should have stolen the other stuff too though ;)

the stuff about the 80% increase in the TV rights from next season. Liverpool will be getting 90m+ per season

Premier League TV rights Q&A, including where the money goes and what next « Sporting Intelligence

and the stuff about the wage bill being cut by 450k per week. Add to all that 50m per season from Standard Chartered and Warrior.

So where is the money going? and Seriously Dempsey for Carroll?

You answered it yourself as next season not this.

They are doing the in house cleaning now in the knowledge theres going to be working with a bigger budget next season now.

Like I have said early I am just as pissed about how it can look in what there doing,on the other hand I can also understand up to a point the reason there doing it.

Or maybe there going to jsut take all this income next year and sell us.

Who knows.

Guest ShoePiss
You answered it yourself as next season not this.

They are doing the in house cleaning now in the knowledge theres going to be working with a bigger budget next season now.

Like I have said early I am just as pissed about how it can look in what there doing,on the other hand I can also understand up to a point the reason there doing it.

Or maybe there going to jsut take all this income next year and sell us.

Who knows.

I would expect they'd have informed Rodgers of this great masterplan to clean the decks ahead of next year's bumper transfer activity. He certainly didn't talk or act like he knew about your suggested scenario.

In short it's fucking bollocks mate.

Utter bollocks.

Oh look, another sly post from Portland Bill.

I'm glad you were allowed back after being banned for racially abusing Rashid. You're a strong addition to the forum who posts a lot of solid points, all well made.

This is pretty much the norm on here these days though. When all the good posters have gone, all you're left with is the nimrods.

Rodgers said on a number of occasions that Andy Carroll was a third choice striker and true to his word he played him exactly like that. First Suarez, second, Borini and third Carroll ... but wait Morgan is improving and the manager rewards him with the third choice role and so Carroll is even more surplus to requirements and Samed Yesil is the final nail in the coffin meaning we have 4 players who can and have played in the centre forward role so in Brendan's eyes Carroll is now fifth choice......

Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi and got Borini and Yesil with the emergence of Sterling and Morgan. I'd still like to have seen another forward come in but the right one and that player wasn't available so I'd rather we waited rather than doing another "Carroll".....

Yeah, but thats not what fucking happened,

We didn't just decide to buy no fucker because Adam Morgan had an half decent game.... if you are suggesting Adam Morgan is at this point in time, ready to step up and fill Andy Carrolls boots as third choice? because if you are are, you are fucking deluded. Yes, he will be a decent player, probably, but he's not there yet. FFS

The manager hasn't rewarded Morgan with 3rd choice status. It's been landed on him by default because we fucked all our chances of landing an experienced replacement for Carroll, by fucking about offering rediculous ammounts. £3M, for fucks sake? Knowing full well that Fulham were already pissed with us for anouncing we had signed Dempsey fucking weeks ago. I mean, what cunts are we?

Rather have no one than the wrong one? Defo

The right one not available? Fucking horse shit. We didn't dip our toe futher than the first fucking knuckle to even see what was available.

Theres virtually a player at every fucking premier league side who is better than the fucking empty space we have by our third choice seat.

We fucked it up. Don't try to make out we did it because we don't need anybody.

Edited by nastylizard

Rodgers said on a number of occasions that Andy Carroll was a third choice striker and true to his word he played him exactly like that. First Suarez, second, Borini and third Carroll ... but wait Morgan is improving and the manager rewards him with the third choice role and so Carroll is even more surplus to requirements and Samed Yesil is the final nail in the coffin meaning we have 4 players who can and have played in the centre forward role so in Brendan's eyes Carroll is now fifth choice......

Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi and got Borini and Yesil with the emergence of Sterling and Morgan. I'd still like to have seen another forward come in but the right one and that player wasn't available so I'd rather we waited rather than doing another "Carroll".....

QUOTE]

Yeah, but that not what fucking happened,

We didn't just decide to buy no fucker because Adam Morgan had an half decent game.... if you are suggesting Adam Morgan is at this point in time, ready to step up and fill Andy Carrolls boots as third choice? because if you are are, you are fucking deluded. Yes, he will decent player, probably, but he's not there yet. FFS

The manager hasn't rewarded Morgan with 3rd choice status. It's been landed on him by defalult because we fucked all our chances of landed an experienced replacement for Carroll, but fucking about offering rediculous ammounts. £3M, for fucks sake? Knowing full well that Fulham were already pissed with us for anouncing we had signed Dempsey fucking weeks ago. I mean, what cunts are we?

The right one not available? Fucking horse shit. We didn't dip our toe futher than the first fucking knuckle to even see what was available.

There virtually a player at every fucking premier league side who is better than fucking empty space we have by our third choice seat.

Guest ShoePiss
Oh look, another sly post from Portland Bill.

I'm glad you were allowed back after being banned for racially abusing Rashid. You're a strong addition to the forum who posts a lot of solid points, all well made.

This is pretty much the norm on here these days though. When all the good posters have gone, all you're left with is the nimrods.

Eh? Get to fuck you wet lives with his ma at near 30 knob.

The pessimistic version of our season goes:

Suarez is brilliant at creating opportunities but consistently fails to score. Borini is much the same. Chances go begging and we end up losing games despite dominating most teams, because we simply cannot score. We finish 8th or 9th.

The optimistic version goes:

Our new style of play helps our strikers and goals start to flow, with a fair few coming from midfield as well. The team plays quick passing football, youngsters like Morgan and Sterling have a big impact and we make a strong push for 4th.

Have to wait and see.

QUOTE]

Yeah, but that not what fucking happened,

We didn't just decide to buy no fucker because Adam Morgan had an half decent game.... if you are suggesting Adam Morgan is at this point in time, ready to step up and fill Andy Carrolls boots as third choice? because if you are are, you are fucking deluded. Yes, he will decent player, probably, but he's not there yet. FFS

The manager hasn't rewarded Morgan with 3rd choice status. It's been landed on him by defalult because we fucked all our chances of landed an experienced replacement for Carroll, but fucking about offering rediculous ammounts. £3M, for fucks sake? Knowing full well that Fulham were already pissed with us for anouncing we had signed Dempsey fucking weeks ago. I mean, what cunts are we?

There virtually a player at every fucking premier league side who is better than fucking empty space we have by our third choice seat.

Rodgers made it clear on more than one occassion that Morgan EARNED his place as third choice and that was long beofre we let Carroll go.

At least it will stop people trying to claim we dont have a budget, we cna just buy a player if we really need him.

We needed a goalscorer, Dempsey or not. We tried to screw Fulham over by bidding three/four million, the money we got from Charlie Adam sale.

It wasnt going to happen and thats why were desperately trying to get a loan striker in for that money, Damiao, Sturridge etc.

The reality is it will be the same next transfer window. FSG wont be putting any money in.

At least it will stop people trying to claim we dont have a budget, we cna just buy a player if we really need him.

We needed a goalscorer, Dempsey or not. We tried to screw Fulham over by bidding three/four million, the money we got from Charlie Adam sale.

It wasnt going to happen and thats why were desperately trying to get a loan striker in for that money, Damiao, Sturridge etc.

The reality is it will be the same next transfer window. FSG wont be putting any money in.

A pretty good summary.

Brendan had better be good,he will need to be.

It's absolutely shocking to me, given they knew how thin we were in the squad having sold so many, that the owners wouldn't sanction Dempsey for anything upto 8-9 million. If you're not willing to reinvest, your statement is 'the squad is fine'. If the squad is fine, then why a new manager, with a new philosophy? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

FSG, you've appointed a new man, with a new idea, who wants to try new players.

You SUCK at being owners.