You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

We're abysmal with the ball and some of the players are about as much use as a paper raincoat (I'm looking at you James McClean), but at least we get an excuse to go on the piss for one month of the Summer. 

We're abysmal with the ball and some of the players are about as much use as a paper raincoat (I'm looking at you James McClean), but at least we get an excuse to go on the piss for a week and a bit of the Summer. 

• Upvote 2

Should have been called off really but I suppose the powers that be would see that as a defeat to ISIS. Going to be a sombre affair and I imagine the security will be off the scale.

We can't possibly win the game, because it's just not on. France HAS to win tonight, that's mandatory.

We can't even score against them, because it would probably be greeted to 70,000 boos.

But aside from that, it's too fucking risky to play the game. Belgium vs Spain was cancelled on security grounds because one of the terror suspects was thought to have fled to Belgium. But aren't we all forgetting that a bloke brought a gun to Gatwick the other day? We're kidding ourselves if we think that we're not just as open to attack as France or Belgium. Wembley the area itself, Christ, if terrorists are thought to be coming from Islamic community's then Wembley is going to be very high on the list of likely areas for a terrorist cell to be hiding.

There seems to be pride at stake here tonight, and I think this rhetoric about not giving in to terrorists is all well and good for executive level people to say, but for me this is too far. France just bombed Syria again yesterday, for fucks sake. Nice, take a swipe at the terrorists then come to London, in a Muslim community, and get 70,000 'pagans' in one place, including high-profile statesmen.

I'll be watching tonight, it's like an episode of Homeland.

• Downvote 2

We can't possibly win the game, because it's just not on. France HAS to win tonight, that's mandatory.

We can't even score against them, because it would probably be greeted to 70,000 boos.

But aside from that, it's too fucking risky to play the game. Belgium vs Spain was cancelled on security grounds because one of the terror suspects was thought to have fled to Belgium. But aren't we all forgetting that a bloke brought a gun to Gatwick the other day? We're kidding ourselves if we think that we're not just as open to attack as France or Belgium. Wembley the area itself, Christ, if terrorists are thought to be coming from Islamic community's then Wembley is going to be very high on the list of likely areas for a terrorist cell to be hiding.

There seems to be pride at stake here tonight, and I think this rhetoric about not giving in to terrorists is all well and good for executive level people to say, but for me this is too far. France just bombed Syria again yesterday, for fucks sake. Nice, take a swipe at the terrorists then come to London, in a Muslim community, and get 70,000 'pagans' in one place, including high-profile statesmen.

I'll be watching tonight, it's like an episode of Homeland.

It will be fine tonight . Hardly any element of surprise for the mad bastards to exploit

BTW Wembley is about half Indian .Muslims account for 3 or 4 percent only so I would be careful about casting aspersions.

Apart from all the anxst and pictures of the brave royals out on parade I expect Woys hapless  hopefuls to be given another football lesson. Masochist that I am I will do my patriotic duty and watch the fucking thing, 

It will be fine tonight . Hardly any element of surprise for the mad bastards to exploit

BTW Wembley is about half Indian .Muslims account for 3 or 4 percent only so I would be careful about casting aspersions.

Apart from all the anxst and pictures of the brave royals out on parade I expect Woys hapless hopefuls to be given another football lesson. Masochist that I am I will do my patriotic duty and watch the fucking thing,

Posted Image

Was working at it last night and the atmosphere was one of the best I've been at. We were dead and buried six months ago so this is very pleasing despite the reservations I have about some of the players and the management team.

ye the atmosphere was class similar to the Germany game before it. I'm just hoping we don't turn up and do what we did in the last euro campaign and not even give a decent performance.