You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Had my first epileptic fit in about 8 years on Wednesday night.  I was asleep at the time, so the first I knew was when I woke up to see a couple of ambulancemen in the room, asking me questions that were too hard for me to answer, like "Can you tell us your name".  At some point during the fit, I wrenched my right shoulder (which is a bit vulnerable to that sort of stuff, since I knacked it during another fit about 20 years ago) so I've been carrying on like Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Black Rock for the last few days.

Had my first epileptic fit in about 8 years on Wednesday night.  I was asleep at the time, so the first I knew was when I woke up to see a couple of ambulancemen in the room, asking me questions that were too hard for me to answer, like "Can you tell us your name".  At some point during the fit, I wrenched my right shoulder (which is a bit vulnerable to that sort of stuff, since I knacked it during another fit about 20 years ago) so I've been carrying on like Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Black Rock for the last few days.

Christ mate. Hope it fucks off again. 

Had my first epileptic fit in about 8 years on Wednesday night. I was asleep at the time, so the first I knew was when I woke up to see a couple of ambulancemen in the room, asking me questions that were too hard for me to answer, like "Can you tell us your name". At some point during the fit, I wrenched my right shoulder (which is a bit vulnerable to that sort of stuff, since I knacked it during another fit about 20 years ago) so I've been carrying on like Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Black Rock for the last few days.

As long as you're not Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein.

Guest Pistonbroke

Nasty shit to have to live with mate, especially when you don't know when it is going to hit you. Hopefully it has another 8 year break, preferably longer. 

I once copped off with a girl  who suffered from fits, she didn't tell me though. Fucking shit myself when she had a fit in a taxi which was gonna drop me back off at camp and her at the Uni after a dirty night in a hotel. She smacked the Taxi driver in the face with a flailing arm and he nearly crashed. Stuck a Flathead screwdriver in her mouth so she didn't bite or swallow her tongue (only thing to hand in a Taxi, raided the tool kit in his boot). Ambulance turned up and carted her off to Hospital. Never saw her again, it was before mobile phones and all that so I didn't have an address or number, she was also a student so could have been from anywhere. I also turned up late for parade and had to tell the story to the RSM, luckily I got a covering slip/letter from the German police. Everyone on camp was calling me a fit fucker for weeks, cunts. I did however get away with paying the Taxi fare. 

I've had a really bad pain in my lower back (coccyx) area for a few months now. So much so that it hurts to sit down on buses and harder seats.

Dreading going the Drs in case they have to finger me again.

This is all genuine.

Hope to fuck it's not a pilonidal sinus, had one twice and it's a mega pain in the arse quite literally. I didn't know what the fuck it was first time, bought a car seat massager and was trying to ease the pain for a week when driving to Blackpool and back every day.

Finally went the quack 2 days before a trip to Lanzarote, got antibiotics for a fucking big abscess top of my arse crack - had to sit in rubber fucking ring for the flight as it was so painful.

What a bloody shame, Mal. Here's hoping it was a one off and life soon returns to normal

Nasty shit to have to live with mate, especially when you don't know when it is going to hit you. Hopefully it has another 8 year break, preferably longer. 

I once copped off with a girl  who suffered from fits, she didn't tell me though. Fucking shit myself when she had a fit in a taxi which was gonna drop me back off at camp and her at the Uni after a dirty night in a hotel. She smacked the Taxi driver in the face with a flailing arm and he nearly crashed. Stuck a Flathead screwdriver in her mouth so she didn't bite or swallow her tongue (only thing to hand in a Taxi, raided the tool kit in his boot). Ambulance turned up and carted her off to Hospital. Never saw her again, it was before mobile phones and all that so I didn't have an address or number, she was also a student so could have been from anywhere. I also turned up late for parade and had to tell the story to the RSM, luckily I got a covering slip/letter from the German police. Everyone on camp was calling me a fit fucker for weeks, cunts. I did however get away with paying the Taxi fare.

For future reference, the advice now is not to try to put anything in the mouth of someone who is having a seizure; simply make sure they aren't going to hurt themselves and if possible try to get them into the recovery position and as long as it is not their first and doesn't last more than a minute to two there is no need for the person to go to hospital

Hope to fuck it's not a pilonidal sinus, had one twice and it's a mega pain in the arse quite literally. I didn't know what the fuck it was first time, bought a car seat massager and was trying to ease the pain for a week when driving to Blackpool and back every day.

Finally went the quack 2 days before a trip to Lanzarote, got antibiotics for a fucking big abscess top of my arse crack - had to sit in rubber fucking ring for the flight as it was so painful.

I've got a feeling it's spondylitis. Going the Docs next week as i'm in agony at the end of most days.

Had my first epileptic fit in about 8 years on Wednesday night. I was asleep at the time, so the first I knew was when I woke up to see a couple of ambulancemen in the room, asking me questions that were too hard for me to answer, like "Can you tell us your name". At some point during the fit, I wrenched my right shoulder (which is a bit vulnerable to that sort of stuff, since I knacked it during another fit about 20 years ago) so I've been carrying on like Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Black Rock for the last few days.

Bastard condition. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Guest Pistonbroke

For future reference, the advice now is not to try to put anything in the mouth of someone who is having a seizure; simply make sure they aren't going to hurt themselves and if possible try to get them into the recovery position and as long as it is not their first and doesn't last more than a minute to two there is no need for the person to go to hospital

Is this advice worldwide or just some UK thing? 

Sorry to hear that, 'hope it's a one off.

Guest Pistonbroke

Don't know but it's the advice that's been in place here for over 30 years

Bit different over here. I do believe the latest thing is not to put any objects into the mouth or attempt to open the mouth, not sure when that came in but it wasn't the case in the 80's. Depending on the severity of the fit, the length or if any injuries/breathing problems due to the fit have been caused, person says it was their first fit or you know it is we are told to call the emergency services. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Had my Heart operation booked for today and was up at 5.15am to get to the clinic for 7. Did all the admin for booking in, had all my pre op injections etc and then just waited, and waited, and waited some more. Eventually the head cardiologist came into my room and apologised for the delay, they had 3 emergency operations to do on young babies who had been born with heart defects. Told him there was no need for apologies, young kids come first and I'm hardly knocking on deaths door just yet. Due to the complicated procedure he has to do on myself he asked me if I would be prepared to put off my operation until Monday as his team were pretty much exhausted, he didn't say but i get the feeling they lost one or two of the babies as he look shattered both physically and mentally. He explained it will take longer than last time as he wants to go in with two catheters, one through the arm and the second through the groin. That way he can work with another cardiologist and get the artery unblocked, fixed and stent's placed from both ends and meet in the middle. Well I wasn't going to say no, they do have my life in their hands and I want them to be on the top of their game. So a weekend at home and then back in. Hope that i read things wrong and all those poor little babies pulled through. 

Good luck mate. A bloke at works wife been waiting fir a kidney transplant. Got the call tuesday morning so he shot off. Got her ready and they tested the kidney and it had a very small infection so cancelled. Poor woman

Im in sunday myself,blood test today

Guest Pistonbroke

Good luck mate. A bloke at works wife been waiting fir a kidney transplant. Got the call tuesday morning so he shot off. Got her ready and they tested the kidney and it had a very small infection so cancelled. Poor woman

Im in sunday myself,blood test today

Same to you and your workmates missus Lee, at least you got to have your birthday at home. 

Think I've got this bastard Norovirus.

Puked my ring up a few times since Monday. Chucked up big style yesterday before going on an all day sesh.

Haven't had anything at all to eat for 24 hours but this morning I've been at it again, wretching and vomiting dry, there's nowt left to come out.