You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Carroll will be at home right now praying to go back up there, we shouldn't allow it,..

If so, he's fucked it. The right thing to do would be to cut his holiday short, turn up at Melwood and ram Rogers' (alleged) doubts down his throat to prove his worth ahead of pre-season. If, as is being reported, he's wimpering for his 'advisors' to take him home to his mammy, then he's confirmed Rogers' doubts about his mentality straight away.

The lad is being sold to raise funds because the owners wont put their hands in their pockets. Carroll is 2 or 3 years from his full potential. They want us to be self-perpetuating without any continual investment to get to that point.

Spot on.

We'll achieve fuck all on the pitch if they continue to do things on the cheap.

The lad is being sold to raise funds because the owners wont put their hands in their pockets. Carroll is 2 or 3 years from his full potential. They want us to be self-perpetuating without any continual investment to get to that point.

Utter bollocks. If you think the owners are being tight by offloading a 15m assest who has no future in the team and they should pay the guy another 5mill a year to sit on the bench and potentially do something in 2 or 3 years yer mad.

The club are finally making a proactive move in cutting their losses and people can only criticize?

This is a clear demonstration of how the recency bias can work for us . The English media and Hodgson have done us a massive favour by painting Carroll as a potential star, rather than the non-footballer he was for 16 of the last 18 months.

Now is the perfect time to sell - fuck him off and Rodgers can implement his philosophy without the headache of trying to fit in the dimwitted, lazy Grock.

The club are finally making a proactive move in cutting their losses and people can only criticize?

This is a clear demonstration of how the recency bias can work for us . The English media and Hodgson have done us a massive favour by painting Carroll as a potential star, rather than the non-footballer he was for 16 of the last 18 months.

Now is the perfect time to sell - fuck him off and Rodgers can implement his philosophy without the headache of trying to fit in the dimwitted, lazy Grock.

It's a pity Rodgers didn't take your advice when he was handing out his mealy mouthed praise for him.

Short of plastering please buy Andy Carroll we think he's shit and we're desperate to sell in hundred foot letters on the Anglican cathedral, I can't think of a more obvious sales pitch.

Fucking amateur.

It's a pity Rodgers didn't take your advice when he was handing out his mealy mouthed praise for him.

Short of plastering please buy Andy Carroll we think he's shit and we're desperate to sell in hundred foot letters on the Anglican cathedral, I can't think of a more obvious sales pitch.

Fucking amateur.

Is dicko short for dick head?

Rodgers will have spoken to plenty of people about Carroll. I'd be astonished if he hadn't spoken to Steve Clarke for example. And he would provide insight that would surpass even even of those on here!

Not sure if Steve Clarke and Rodgers ever met. He was sacked at the about the same time as Rodgers was appointed. Yet another "blind" decision.

Seriously?

I mean, seriously?

Seriously. He has seen him in two games this season at best. (not sure if he even played against Swansea and can't be bothered looking it up) The rest of his "knowledge" is based on what he has either seen on the telly or been given by a third party.

People on here have seen Carroll play a lot of football (debateable) over the last eighteen months.

At the very least I would have expected him to have a really close look at the lad and see what he can do before writing off £20m.

Seriously. He has seen him in two games this season at best. (not sure if he even played against Swansea and can't be bothered looking it up) The rest of his "knowledge" is based on what he has either seen on the telly or been given by a third party.

He missed a sitter at the Kop end when we drew 0-0, and I think he had an overhead kick saved in the return fixture on the final day. So he appeared in both games against Swansea, just to clear that one up.

True. But Rodgers is also the man who told LFC he didn't want to work with him. On that basis I cannot imagine Clarke would have been too favourably disposed towards Mr Rodgers and less than willing to offer advice.

Rodgers had his own team. Clarke his own ambitions. They're grown-ups. And besides with Prozone etc and full time "analysts" I guarantee you he would have had a DVD with everything Carroll did last year available within a day of asking the question.

Fucking mad to sell him/loan him at this moment, just coming into his own and look like he was finally finding his Newcastle form. Would just be typical of us and our laughable transfer antics in the last few years to go for a loan deal of some kind and get done over (twice) by them delusional Geordies.

Seems if your over 6ft your days are number in a Rodgers team, I sincerely hope the manager considers all the implications of offloading Andy so soon.

Surely this 35m Carroll purchase will have been dependent on appearances for us and for England, for Champions League qualification and overall success? I doubt we've spent £35m in the first place unless someone knows otherwise.

I think if he goes back to Newcastle and becomes the unplayable centre forward many think he could/can be there will be a lot of people only too happy to ram it down our throats. That being said, I just don't see him being that player here regardless of what he might go on to do elsewhere. What we'll likely get if he stays is a barely used player whose stock will drop even lower. At least at the moment there is a glimmer of the player we thought we had bought. In twelve months time we may have an even further disillusioned player with a handful of sub appearances and the odd goal, for the second successive year. Try getting £15m for him them, on top of the third of that we'd have lost in wages.

I was unsure at first but if Rogers thinks this is the right thing then he has my support.

People would rather side with Carroll than Rodgers?

Piss the fuck off you shit cunt twats.

People are betting their life on 11 goals he scored two seasons ago. He's the white Ali Dia. Most of the fuckwits banging the Carroll drum will have to look that one up.

Fuck Carroll, fuck you, fuck the city of Newcastle, fuck Ant and Dec, fuck Jeff from Byker Grove.