You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I thnk we're all starved of information, about him, about transfer targets, about which players will be kept on, so it's helpful to have something, anything, to work with and discuss.

Considering how high profile we are as a club, this has been the most low key I can remember a managerial appointment at a top club in terms of what we know about him and what to expect from him.

But he has an aura about him, if I was in a room with him and he talked then I would listen. He has that ability to command respect, to command and hold your attention. It's a rare quality, I can't say the same about many other people, let lone managers.

So let's get to know what makes this man tick. I've collected together a few interviews he did at Swansea, to perhaps give us a better indication of what he knows about football and what ideals he has.

PlayBall Street Striker Brendan Rodgers Interview - YouTube

Brendan Rodgers Interview - YouTube

Alan Pardew and Brendan Rodgers talk at LMA Awards.wmv - YouTube

(persevere with this one)

Max Rushden Meets Brendan Rodgers 29.04.11 - YouTube

I thnk we're all starved of information, about him, about transfer targets, about which players will be kept on, so it's helpful to have something, anything, to work with and discuss.

Considering how high profile we are as a club, this has been the most low key I can remember a managerial appointment at a top club in terms of what we know about him and what to expect from him.

But he has an aura about him, if I was in a room with him and he talked then I would listen. He has that ability to command respect, to command and hold your attention. It's a rare quality, I can't say the same about many other people, let lone managers.

So let's get to know what makes this man tick. I've collected together a few interviews he did at Swansea, to perhaps give us a better indication of what he knows about football and what ideals he has.

Good work. enjoyed that. I've got to admit I'm really excited about what is in store with this guy at the helm. He is undoubtedly a visionary with a great footballing mind.I agree he does have an aura about him too, he talks you instantly want to listen, a very engaging man who obviously thinks about the bigger picture.

As for the perceived lack of activity - Id urge people to be patient, i love the fact people haven't a clue what were doing in the main as it means when Buck talks about the Liverpool way its not just lip service. Give me that approach over the Redknapp / Whelan version any day.

He was born to run our club. There's every reason to believe he can lead us to the promised land of better days. But it's a man's job to be taken one step at a time and no surrender.

The club definitely needs a human touch.

100% agree with this - it really hindered Whiskey Nose, Rafa and Maureen!!!!!!!!

Ferguson won a cup winners cup before moving to utd. Rafa worked miracles at Valencia and Mourinho won everything in Portugal and the cl before coming to England.

Rodgers has achieved a mid table finish with swansea, a good feat but he's no George burley yet.

Ferguson won a cup winners cup before moving to utd. Rafa worked miracles at Valencia and Mourinho won everything in Portugal and the cl before coming to England.

Rodgers has achieved a mid table finish with swansea, a good feat but he's no George burley yet.

The theory that you wont be a successful manager if you haven't had a glittering playing career is wrong, to suggest someone cant gain respect because they haven't achieved what some of the players have again is wrong.

Traore won the champs league didn't he? it doesn't make him a good player.(just to even up the daft Burley comment)

Before Valencia - what had Rafa done? hadn't ripped up any Trees.

Before Porto - Jose likewise

Effectively they were Brendan Rodgers going into those jobs and they did ok!

The theory that you wont be a successful manager if you haven't had a glittering playing career is wrong, to suggest someone cant gain respect because they haven't achieved what some of the players have again is wrong.

Traore won the champs league didn't he? it doesn't make him a good player.(just to even up the daft Burley comment)

Before Valencia - what had Rafa done? hadn't ripped up any Trees.

Before Porto - Jose likewise

Effectively they were Brendan Rodgers going into those jobs and they did ok!

I was on about managerial career, not playing one. Aberdeen, Valencia and Porto, don't come close to Liverpool in terms of pressure and unrealistic expectations.

Rodgers will need to have a great aura about him and get the plays onside quickly. Cause there's fuck all he's done in the game that will impress any of the players.

I was on about managerial career, not playing one. Aberdeen, Valencia and Porto, don't come close to Liverpool in terms of pressure and unrealistic expectations.

Rodgers will need to have a great aura about him and get the plays onside quickly. Cause there's fuck all he's done in the game that will impress any of the players.

Aside from the CL win, there's fuck all a lot of the players have done to impress him. A lot of wasted talent.

The CV doesn't coach the players, the man does.

Any player unwilling to give 100% under Rodgers is a cunt and needs to be sold.

Don't disagree with that i just don't buy that's the only way players will respect him. Like anyone in any walk of life he will have to earn respect and i am convinced he will do so with his vision,philosophy,ambition and commitment, not what he's done elsewhere.

I don't think your original post was outlandish or anything like that, i understand where you are coming from and its a genuine fear you have i just don't go along with it for the reasons you do.

Don't disagree with that i just don't buy that's the only way players will respect him. Like anyone in any walk of life he will have to earn respect and i am convinced he will do so with his vision,philosophy,ambition and commitment, not what he's done elsewhere.

I don't think your original post was outlandish or anything like that, i understand where you are coming from and its a genuine fear you have i just don't go along with it for the reasons you do.

Of course he can win them round without having the great cv. All the things you mentioned would go a long way in doing so.

I hope he's one of the rare breed that can make players run through a brick wall for him, god knows we'll need it. With our fixture list, I think a good start is going to be crucial for Rodgers.

I do think appointing someone like van Gaal would have give the boss instant respect tho, and made things much easier.

To clarify, I will be 100 percent behind Rodgers once the season starts. What I won't do though, is pretend I think he's the right appointment.