You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest davelfc

Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt has taken a swipe at Reds manager Kenny Dalglish.

The 31-year-old Holland international also claims he is being forced out at Anfield after failing to secure a regular first-team place under Dalglish.

Kuyt said: "Under this manager I don't have the feeling any more that he will put me in the side every week.

"I'm under no illusion about playing every week. But I believe I am still good enough to play for Liverpool every week.

"Deep in my heart I'd love to stay at Liverpool."

Kuyt has been linked with Dutch club Feyenoord after holding talks with club officials, but finances are likely to rule that move out.

"If I returned to Holland, I would have to take an 80% cut in my Liverpool wages," he said.

I'm not really getting this 'story' player thinks he's still good enough, manager disagrees and player sees wages drop if he moves. Seems very unlike Dirk, has he thrown in the transfer request? I could see him playing for another prem team but I tend to agree I think his time is up here and in the main I think he's been great, gives 100% and has scored some important goals. I hope this is just media fluff.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt has taken a swipe at Reds manager Kenny Dalglish.

The 31-year-old Holland international also claims he is being forced out at Anfield after failing to secure a regular first-team place under Dalglish.

Kuyt said: "Under this manager I don't have the feeling any more that he will put me in the side every week.

"I'm under no illusion about playing every week. But I believe I am still good enough to play for Liverpool every week.

"Deep in my heart I'd love to stay at Liverpool."

Kuyt has been linked with Dutch club Feyenoord after holding talks with club officials, but finances are likely to rule that move out.

"If I returned to Holland, I would have to take an 80% cut in my Liverpool wages," he said.

I'm not really getting this 'story' player thinks he's still good enough, manager disagrees and player sees wages drop if he moves. Seems very unlike Dirk, has he thrown in the transfer request? I could see him playing for another prem team but I tend to agree I think his time is up here and in the main I think he's been great, gives 100% and has scored some important goals. I hope this is just media fluff.

Where is it from?

Maybe if his performances were of the standard he's shown in previous seasons and not of the well below standard he's shown this season, then maybe he'd play more.

If anybody has a grumble about not playing for often, it's Maxi, not Kuyt.

I can see why he might will think this, given how regularly the likes of Downing, Henderson and Carragher have played. Even Enrique, who has been appalling since January; if we continue on the current trajectory we'll have everyone in every position from the youth team up thinking they should be starting.

That's not to say it's entirely rational on Kuyt's part given how poor he's been, but there have been worse offenders.

Guest davelfc

Like I said, very strange and I am hoping the quotes are wrong. I like Dirk but it is plain to see that his time is up, he has the respect of a large portion of the fans. But I don't think any player would be advised to criticise Kenny.

Guest davelfc
How has he taken a blast at him?

All he has said is that he knows Kenny won't play him every week but that he believes in himself enough to think that he should.

That headline is just shithouse journalism.

You'll notice I didn't use the headline as the thread header. But the quotes do show it's at least a dig.

Kuyt said: "Under this manager I don't have the feeling any more that he will put me in the side every week."

I can see why he might will think this, given how regularly the likes of Downing, Henderson and Carragher have played. Even Enrique, who has been appalling since January; if we continue on the current trajectory we'll have everyone in every position from the youth team up thinking they should be starting.

That's not to say it's entirely rational on Kuyt's part given how poor he's been, but there have been worse offenders.

Exactly what I was going to say, I'm no big fan of Dirk but when Downing and Henderson have been getting played in his position week in week out while being shocking at times yet never getting dropped then he has got cause for complaint. But then I don't really want to hear about wage cuts, if he doesn't want to take a cut then he should try and engineer a move to someone in the Premiership were wages are inflated anyway, plus we could get a fee for him then.

You'll notice I didn't use the headline as the thread header. But the quotes do show it's at least a dig.

Kuyt said: "Under this manager I don't have the feeling any more that he will put me in the side every week."

It's how you interpret it. All that quote contains is the truth - he's not been first choice under Kenny, and he knows it.

I suppose Dirk's use of the term 'this manager' could be seen as frosty, but what is he supposed to call him? Not exactly going to say Kenny or the King, is he?

It's all the crap in between the quotes that set the tone of the article. Along, of course, with the shit-stirring headline...

Guest davelfc

Because of course he has been competing with Carra and Enrique for their places. The other two are supposed to be our future, new signings so you can see why a manager would want to play them no matter how you believe they have performed. Had Kenny left them out then no doubt I'd be reading him being criticised for not giving them a chance.

I like Dirk, but all I read on here is that he shouldn't play. I don't have a problem with moving players on but I can see why the player might.

Guest davelfc
Aww poor Dirk... has to take an 80% wage cut. Whats that then...? So he will only have £20k a week to live on.

In his defence he is talking about why he doesn't want to go to Holland. If he believes he is good enough for a Premiership side, and I think he is. Then why not earn a lot more money. It's not as if he doesn't do a lot of good things with his money, because he does. Model professional usually.

Guest davelfc
It's how you interpret it. All that quote contains is the truth - he's not been first choice under Kenny, and he knows it.

I suppose Dirk's use of the term 'this manager' could be seen as frosty, but what is he supposed to call him? Not exactly going to say Kenny or the King, is he?

It's all the crap in between the quotes that set the tone of the article. Along, of course, with the shit-stirring headline...

I agree, given the situation at the moment they must have wet their pants to have such a quote giving them licence to twist it.

There are players who have played far more games this season who are far worse than Dirk.

Oh really, Kuyt has played 44 games, the two players with most games for us this season both have 48.

Kuyt knows exactly how lucky he has been, he's been on massive wages for playing massively shite for years now.

Good riddance, it will be a good day for this club once he is out the door.

Oh really, Kuyt has played 44 games, the two players with most games for us this season both have 48.

Kuyt knows exactly how lucky he has been, he's been on massive wages for playing massively shite for years now.

Yep, you're still an utter, utter cunt...

Maybe if Dirk had a long run of games he might find some form, but it doesn't look like Kenny's going to give him that run. Where ever he goes he has to realise he's on a pay cut and sad as it is, I can't see him being an ever-present on any premiership team sheet ever again.

Code Blasts Kuyt TLW Regular Takes Swipe At Near Legend

Journo's take note, thats how to blast someone.

To be fair, I suspect that Rafa/Keane/Barry/Alonso thread has stirred up the sand a bit and more than a little has found its way into Code's vagina.

I actually agree that Dirk has been less than we needed for a long time and he's been very lucky to get the playing time he has (not to mention the wages). However, despite all his flaws, the guy's loyalty, effort and love of our team cannot be ignored. He's just so lovable and it will be a sad day when he moves on.