You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vive La France

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In the words of an African American lady during some recent riots in the USA when responding to a reporter asking almost the same question 'Because we own none of it.'

Good grief, is that the benchmark for behaviour these days, you can destroy anything you don't own?

53 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Good grief, is that the benchmark for behaviour these days, you can destroy anything you don't own?

Nope. I believe the point she's making is if you are excluded from being a part of something then why should you look after it or care about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Nope. I believe the point she's making is if you are excluded from being a part of something then why should you look after it or care about it?

They should march on Parliament or some shit.

Give the Trump simpletons their due,  they stormed Congress dressed as deer, they didn't torch coffee shops and cars in bididdlyboing, Idaho.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Section_31 said:

They should march on Parliament or some shit.

Give the Trump simpletons their due,  they stormed Congress dressed as deer, they didn't torch coffee shops and cars in bididdlyboing, Idaho.

Yeah maybe.

I think they've been pretty widespread and I don't think the French parliament will go untouched if they get half a chance.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah maybe.

I think they've been pretty widespread and I don't think the French parliament will go untouched if they get half a chance.

I just never see the point of petrifying your own people.

The poll tax riots kicked off in London and started as protests if I recall, I may be wrong.

But those "English riots" about ten years back had ordinary people scared out of their witts.

If you're poor and you live in Lyon or wherever, I don't see how your lot is gonna improve by being sat barricaded in your flat worrying that someone is gonna torch your scooter.

Apparently when Macron was at that Elton John concert and news of the riots came through our Elton played him a soothing "I guess that's why they call it le bleus' to calm him down. You can always count on a Brit.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I just never see the point of petrifying your own people.

The poll tax riots kicked off in London and started as protests if I recall, I may be wrong.

But those "English riots" about ten years back had ordinary people scared out of their witts.

If you're poor and you live in Lyon or wherever, I don't see how your lot is gonna improve by being sat barricaded in your flat worrying that someone is gonna torch your scooter.

Fair enough. I don't know to be honest. France seems to be in a mess.

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If you own a scooter and have a roof over your head, you're probably one of the bourgeoisie.

4 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

The French bizzies are cunts: quelle surprise. 

They sure are. For one thing, they put the blame on Liverpool fans for the chaos at the CL final last year, instead of the feral scrotes that were robbing the fans at knife point - the same feral scrotes currently looting shops, burning libraries, and dragging people out of their cars to give them a good beating because they've got a problem with the police. 

Vive la fucking revolution, brother. 

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Apparently when Macron was at that Elton John concert and news of the riots came through our Elton played him a soothing "I guess that's why they call it le bleus' to calm him down. You can always count on a Brit.

Goodbye I'm off to Brick the Road 

And any leftist on here or anywhere that's enjoying watching this unfold, thinking this is a justified response, the people versus the state and all that bollocks, and hasn't considered the possibility, never mind the likelihood that it'll be the right, the far right, that benefit politically going forward shouldn't be allowed the vote. 

26 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

And any leftist on here or anywhere that's enjoying watching this unfold, thinking this is a justified response, the people versus the state and all that bollocks, and hasn't considered the possibility, never mind the likelihood that it'll be the right, the far right, that benefit politically going forward shouldn't be allowed the vote. 

I feel the same about people who voted for Boris Johnson. 

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

They already are

We will be next,this is what happens when you let them in etc

Its A wet dream for them

17 hours ago, Strontium said:

The point was 'exclusion.' Not having a stake in your own neighbourhoods and the property there. 

'But when the sky darkens

And the prospect is war

Who’s given a gun

And then pushed to the fore?

And expected to die

For the land of his birth

When he’s never owned  

One handful of earth.' 

• Upvote 2