You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Its my second time to the alps, last year I did Alpe D'Huez a couple of times followed by the Col De Sarenne, Col de la Croix de Fer & Glandon, The mighty Col du Galibier @2645meters and a bunch of other minor climbs.

Weather permiting Iseran will be my highest col its 2770 meters and the highest genuine tarmaced pass in Europe. The gradients dont look that bad but its very long, nearly 45k of ascent, and at that altitude the lack of oxygen has a big impact. I cant wait.

Done my last decent training ride today over to Delamere.

Stupid fucking sausage fingered lump.

Just putting on the holder for my pump and it looks like I've over tightened the nut and it's now just spinning in the frame.

Any way I can get a new thread put in the frame?

Its not going well, is it?

World champion Mark Cavendish has confirmed his desire to quit Team Sky but hopes for an "amicable" split.

In July the 27-year-old was told by boss Dave Brailsford he would be allowed to leave if he wanted to go.

Sky have made it clear they expect compensation if they are to lose one of their star riders but Cavendish is hoping that is "speculation".

"I have seen some stuff about a release fee but I don't think Dave would do that," he said.

"I have known him since I was 14 years old. He has seen me grow my career and I have seen him grow his and construct the most successful team in cycling.

"I hope that is just a bit of speculation [about the fee] and everything can work out amicably for everybody."

Cavendish signed a three-year deal with Team Sky in October 2011 and won three stages at the 2012 Tour de France.

But both parties now feel a parting of the ways would be beneficial.

"Dave sold me the idea last year but for some reason it hasn't worked out like that. It's difficult to do," added Cavendish.

"It's like a long-distance relationship with a girl. Everything is great but you live apart and it can't work out.

"But you want to be friends and you would rather the best thing happens so that everything can remain good and that you can stay close.

"I've been very happy at Sky. I don't want to compromise Sky and hopefully Sky won't compromise me."

Cavendish was speaking ahead of the the Tour of Britain, which starts on Sunday in Ipswich, with eight stages over 1,349.9km.

No surprise about Cav, he's been great for Sky's marketing in the Rainbow Jersey but they want to win grand tours, not one day classics and flat stages. They dont belong together and he'll be much better off at OPQS. It was rumoured that he turned down a lot more money from them to sign for Sky last year. It was obvious in this years tour that as soon as he got a lead out train he was miles ahead of Griepel, but without a team working for him he struggled.

BTW The Tour of Britain is coming tomorrow, stage is due to finish at Knowsley Safari Park.

No surprise about Cav, he's been great for Sky's marketing in the Rainbow Jersey but they want to win grand tours, not one day classics and flat stages. They dont belong together and he'll be much better off at OPQS. It was rumoured that he turned down a lot more money from them to sign for Sky last year. It was obvious in this years tour that as soon as he got a lead out train he was miles ahead of Griepel, but without a team working for him he struggled.

BTW The Tour of Britain is coming tomorrow, stage is due to finish at Knowsley Safari Park.

It goes right past my gaff tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to nip out and have a watch of that.

Coverage on ITV4.