You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

With proper pedals and cycling shoes will they keep your foot dead straight?

It's just with a knee injury from years ago I don't like having my left foot facing dead straight as this puts an extra strain on the inside of my knee.

If your getting sore knees while peddling it's because you need to keep your legs and knees straight as you pedal. Keep your thigh, knee, lower leg and foot all all on the same line as you pedal and just lift your legs up and down only not from side to side. If you don't do this you will twist your knee and it is very painful, and it is caused by bringing your knees out as you pedal, you should keep them in.

If your getting sore knees while peddling it's because you need to keep your legs and knees straight as you pedal. Keep your thigh, knee, lower leg and foot all all on the same line as you pedal and just lift your legs up and down only not from side to side. If you don't do this you will twist your knee and it is very painful, and it is caused by bringing your knees out as you pedal, you should keep them in.

It isn't that Saxon, I get a sore knee (left only) when attempting to cycle with the foot dead straight.

Right knee is fine, it is as a result of previous injuries and also plays up when I'm swimming.

It isn't that Saxon, I get a sore knee (left only) when attempting to cycle with the foot dead straight.

Right knee is fine, it is as a result of previous injuries and also plays up when I'm swimming.

Sorted then, thought it was the peddle stroke giving you sore knees.

If that was the case then keep your knees the same distance away from the frame all the way through the stroke, otherwise if you have dodgy knees it will make it much worse, and you wont be able to ride your bike.

Sorted then, thought it was the peddle stroke giving you sore knees.

If that was the case then keep your knees the same distance away from the frame all the way through the stroke, otherwise if you have dodgy knees it will make it much worse, and you wont be able to ride your bike.

Nah mate, I did my ACL 3 times years ago and just have to accomodate it now.

If anyone is interested ITV4 are showing one hour highlights programmes of the Vuelta, seems to be every night. Tonight's is on at 9.00pm, then it moves to 7.00pm every day after that.

If you have British Eurosport they're showing some live coverage each day but that's no use to me. wiziwig will have streams though so I think I'll be indulging tomorrow.

If anyone is interested ITV4 are showing one hour highlights programmes of the Vuelta, seems to be every night. Tonight's is on at 9.00pm, then it moves to 7.00pm every day after that.

If you have British Eurosport they're showing some live coverage each day but that's no use to me. wiziwig will have streams though so I think I'll be indulging tomorrow.

It was at 9pm because the race was in the evening. This is a mad Vuelta route, 10 uphill finishes compared to 3 in the TdF. I'm already looking forward to Lago de Covadonga.

Vuelta a Espana Live Video Streaming,Tour of Spain Live Stream, Photos, Results - Cycling Live Race Coverage - Watch Cycling TV | www.cyclingfans.com has all the streams.

Following the Tour de France finale and Team GB's Olympic success, Sky Atlantic HD announce that on Thursday 30 August at 8pm, five part series British Cycling: Road To Glory will debut on the channel. Forming part of Sky’s investment in home grown content, the Twofour produced series will focus on the world of cycling, following some of the most high profile names in the sport, including Tour de France 2012 winner and Olympic Gold medallist Bradley Wiggins.

British Cycling: The Road To Glory will offer an insight into the inner workings and stars of both the professional road outfit Team Sky and the national British Cycling team. It will lay bare the extraordinary physical, psychological and tactical dimensions of both professional cycling and the bid for continued Olympic success at London 2012. The series will also feature key coaches behind the bid, including Dave Brailsford, Performance Director of British Cycling and Team Principal for Team Sky.

Also airing later this year will be one-off documentary Bradley Wiggins: Tour Of Duty, which will give a no-holds barred look at how one of Britain’s brightest sport stars balances his professional and personal life. Cameras will follow Wiggins across some of Europe’s toughest races as he trains for the Tour De France and succeeds in becoming the first British rider to win cycling’s most iconic professional race. The documentary will also look to capture the personality of Wiggins as he trains and competes for the Tour, following his journey and speaking to those closest to him. The film will be directed by John Dower (Thriller in Manila).

Sky has been the principal partner of British Cycling since early 2008 and is committed to the partnership until the end of 2016. The main aim of this partnership is to get one million more people cycling regularly (once a month or at least 12 times per year) by 2013. Sky and British Cycling have a shared vision to build an epic success story for British sport for today and in the future.

British Cycling: Road To Glory will exclusively air on Sky Atlantic HD and Sky Atlantic from Thursday 30 August at 8pm while Bradley Wiggins: Tour Of Duty will follow later in the year.

Bradley Wiggins and co. pedal onto Sky Atlantic HD - Sky Atlantic HD