You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

How I would love and not in any way explode at a canvassing twat, who has ignored my no canvassers/no salesman sign and knocked the door regardless, then merrily told me "Ah, CORRECTION, I do not sell you anything.  That is someone else at the firm's job, technically speaking".

• Upvote 2

59k over 20 years, don't be fucking stupid, that salesman right there is Mis-selling, the average pay back for a solar system is around 7-8 years, the next twelve are profit, and whilst it's index linked, it'll never be 59k.

Oh and while were at it (as a former double glazing salesman) it doesn't matter what it says on the sticker, it means they don't want you to KNOCK ON THE FUCKING DOOR", trading standards are getting very hot on it, whether you're a canvasser or a rep it don't matter[/quote.

Your stupid it ain't hard to work out it works on savings plus income you get around 10 % to 12% back a year from the government alone. Then your electricity bill halfs then there's the econimizer which saves you on gas which is what he got included.

Ain't misleading anyone the PV calculator does it all.

As for the signs I was showing him how to give a canvaser no comeback because the comeback is true most of the Times they ain't selling ewt. That's someone else's job.

Si, your PV calculator is set wrong, it's easy to do and it will baffle most people, cos they won't be able to work it out. I sold solar (and windows) for 4 years, it's impossible to generate 59k over 20 years, even when the fit was 45p you were only just getting around 50k on a 4kw system, and the tariffs have been slashed, regardless of system, your pay back is 7-8 years, do the maths, you've got 2.5 times cost.

Oh and your payback includes fit, and the savings (50% of your bill). The current tariff is a little under 14p per unit, plus and export tariff of 4p (paid on that 50%). It's not uncommon for commission only sales people to exaggerate things to get their sale, particularly when the calculations baffle most people.

Without labouring the point, the people that put those signs up, do so cos they don't want people knocking their door to sell them something, or have an appointment to sell them something.

As I say trading standards are coming down hard on companies that do it, you should be careful, because the company will just make an example of canners like you, by potting you when they get caught. How do I know? Cos I managed a region of 120 canvassers and had that very problem, the stickers on the door are the ones to avoid, worse than the no cold calling zones.

They are basically like TPS but for door knockers

Sorry; your electricity bills halve?

Technically the cost does, but what you have to do is use your appliances differently.

Instead of putting the dishwasher on on a night, do it during the day, when the panels are generating elec, and unless you have a 4kw system, don't put the dishwasher and washing machine on at the same time.

But it is an assumption that all solar companies use, to show you the savings and income you can generate

Like i said it was 16 panels 4kw system with Economizer and south facing a huge house with like 5 kids i believe they were spending near 60 a week on Electricity, Economizer is for gas which again cuts the gas bill immensely. Also its a national company of 8 years the calculator is made by the company can not be tweaked, do the maths thats 1440 saved a year before the fit payments etc, then youve got 10 to 12 % of there investment every year, Then the Economizer addition which cuts there gas bill. so straight away just on savings is near 30k in 20 years + the 2 x investment is near 50 so why wouldnt the Economizer give them a extra 9k over 20 years??

Employing a baffoon in a technical sales role says all I need to now about that company.

Im not a fucking sales man you catastrophic twat, If you read my post take the fucking time to understand and don't be a cunt. You've never fucking mate me and your always a cunt with me. Don't let the fucked up grammar fool you im no fucking idiot. You wanna be a cunt ill be one!!!

• Upvote 4

I also like it. Chill out Si. This anger is most unbecoming.

Does my fucking head in people trying to make me look like some piece of shit they just stepped in they can fuck off really sick of all the sly fucking digs from ill capital it because thats what they are CUNTS!!! seriously i have no less thoughts for them. Keyboard bully cunts. I'm a very nice and honest guy i dont deserve the crap off some lately.

• Upvote 1