You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from hanging Barclay out to dry, other journos have come out to bat for him. Barry Glendenning has been doing his best to defend Barclay's honour; and one of Glendenning's remarks was retweeted by Rapha Honigstein. If this initial reaction is anything to go by, then rather than condemning Barclay's comment, his peers will do their best to brush it under the carpet.

Its an issue thats needs addressing at this point. The Journo's in this country have obviously been ramping up on the anti-LFC stuff for months now. But this one is a new low, it really is.

I've been thinking for ages it needs addressing, someone at the club needs to directly bring this up and bring it into the spotlight because its getting out of hand now. People like Barclay are absolute scum getting away with spouting horrible horrible agenda driven bile week after week.

Its an issue thats needs addressing at this point. The Journo's in this country have obviously been ramping up on the anti-LFC stuff for months now. But this one is a new low, it really is.

I've been thinking for ages it needs addressing, someone at the club needs to directly bring this up and bring it into the spotlight because its getting out of hand now. People like Barclay are absolute scum getting away with spouting horrible horrible agenda driven bile week after week.

Was thinking the same this morning after reading some of Holt's comments from last night. If the club aren't willing to say something then maybe we as fans need to highlight just how much these goons are allowed to get away with whilst earning a decent living from the game.

I know 'don't feed the animals' some will shout and that's fair enough considering the likes of Barclay and Holt are no better than your average forum troll but they are finely rewarded for the 'work' they do.

They call into question the integrity of someone like Dalglish, they try to tarnish all Liverpool fans with the same brush, they sully and antagonise and continually reap the benefits no matter how much they damage their own credibility.

Some of them think they're on a par with modern day footballers and managers, they think they're untouchable. Something needs to be done to show that simply isn't the case.

Oh my God, if Barclay wrote that he is indeed totally mental and totally ruined career wise

Probably not. Which is a sad indictment of the culture we live in.

I'd love to know what that utter cunt Glendenning is saying to try and justify this and defend him. Honigstein can fuck off too, the arrogant prick.

Not one of these 'journalists' (loathe to use that term for these mouth breathers) seem to have a modicum of dignity or self respect. A lot of bright people will see what Glendenning and the likes have tweeted and fucking lap it up. Working for the guardian, you expect him to have an opinion beyond 'LFC fans are scum' but it seems they are as bad as any of the red tops these days , employing gobshites like this wanker and Daniel Taylor.

It's a crime to support this club these days.

I dont like him, I think he was gotten to and reacted to hurt, more than calculated hate. In general its still bad enough to get sacked. But he wont. For his own sake he needs to come and apologies and say he made a mistake, instead of playing all defensive and pretend he was misunderstood.

Far from hanging Barclay out to dry, other journos have come out to bat for him. Barry Glendenning has been doing his best to defend Barclay's honour; and one of Glendenning's remarks was retweeted by Rapha Honigstein. If this initial reaction is anything to go by, then rather than condemning Barclay's comment, his peers will do their best to brush it under the carpet.

Makes me glad I binned the Manchester Guardian off some time ago. what a shit rag that has become.

No, no. That's not on.

Something has to give here. You can't behave like a bar-room lout and get away with it. I know he doesn't work for the Times anymore, but one of the Tonys has to say something.

It's as low as it gets that.

He has been consistently sniping at Liverpool for months now and it's been borderline bigotry. Last night he crossed the line and relinquished any moral authority he felt he had.

That authority only came from what basically amounted to safety in numbers as although what he was saying was outrageous, there were so many other churnalists doing exactly the same he felt he could get away with it.

He has let himself down badly in the eyes of most decent people. The fact that ANYONE, never mind journalists with a platform, can defend that is indicative of the depth of ill-feeling towards the people of Liverpool.

It can't go on.

We'll see what happens. If it's nothing, it's time to pack up and go home.

Seldom has so little resulted in so much.

I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean.

Do you want to explain it?

Just seen your edit. Oh, right, o wise one. So a national journalist with a platform to reach millions makes a bigoted statement about the club/city, and it's much ado about nothing?

Added to his recent spate of anti-Liverpool statements, this reveals the depth of his hatred towards us. He'll be on Sky / Talksport etc etc next week. And all of that's ok?

He's not unemployed.

I don't agree at all.

When "boltonbornandbread" from West Houghton says "I hate scousers, me" on his Twitter accout that is something that is insignificant and not worthy of note.

When a national journalist, a journalist of some repute who not only works for the Evening Standard, but, as I understand it, is often on Sky and Talksport, spouts bile, that is worthy of note and at least rebuttal.

You don't ignore it, xerxes, you just don't.

Whenever i've seen this guy on Sunday Supplement, he appears to regularly lose the thread of his argument, and Woolnough has to coax him to the end of his sentence. It's a bit toe curling to watch actually.

I used to feel abit sorry for him.

I really dont know what his problem is with Liverpool.

But it's clear he has one.

What he has said there is totally unacceptable.

I'd like to see the club ban him.

Hes a London "journalist" now, so why come anyway?

The GOOD thing about the internet age and the blogospere, is that in 10 years time people like Barclay will not exist in their current form.

Newspapers will be dead, and fools like this, along with them.

There will be people writing better copy, everywhere, for nothing.

You had a good run Barclay, now, shut your mouth.

You REALLY let the mask slip this time.:yes:

I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean.

Do you want to explain it?

Just seen your edit. Oh, right, o wise one. So a national journalist with a platform to reach millions makes a bigoted statement about the club/city, and it's much ado about nothing?

Added to his recent spate of anti-Liverpool statements, this reveals the depth of his hatred towards us. He'll be on Sky / Talksport etc etc next week. And all of that's ok?

He's not unemployed.

He's on talksport today with Keys and Gray.