You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Not convinced by Ramirez, don't think he could handle the premiership. Can't even make the full uruguay team on a regular basis as he's struggled whenever he's been in the team. Would be a huge gamble getting him and he definitely would need a lot of time to settle. The guy is major lightweight.

He isn't lightweight at all lad,he's 6 foot and very strong

You make not getting on to the Uruguay team a bad thing they have class players and he made his debut before he was 22 that's brilliant.

Guest ShoePiss
Its sound as if he was the mastermind behind the whole transfer when really he never had a hand in it.

Transfers take long time to take place; you could say that the players transfer was in the pipe-line long before AVB was assigned as Spurs Manager.

The whole thing stinks, and I would have hated it if the same thing happened to us when Buck was taking over.

In fact what Buck is doing now (i.e. talking to players, making sure they are all on the same page, consulting his staff, evaluating young and senior players ) is a much professional way to handle it.

Fuck AVB.

Doubtful.

Guest ShoePiss
TOUCHE-TURTLE-2.jpg

Still, agree to disagree I suppose.

Aye, I'm not arsed about him anyway. I didn't know enough about his game to be perfectly honest.

Still, I'd prefer we got a move on with our transfers if there are to be any which is where I was coming from originally.

He isn't lightweight at all lad,he's 6 foot and very strong

You make not getting on to the Uruguay team a bad thing they have class players and he made his debut before he was 22 that's brilliant.

His height is irrelevant. Ive seen him get knocked off the ball so easily. Yeah but when he made the team he couldn't stay in it as he underperformed. Plus he seems slow and we so need more pace in our team.

Aye, I'm not arsed about him anyway. I didn't know enough about his game to be perfectly honest.

Still, I'd prefer we got a move on with our transfers if there are to be any which is where I was coming from originally.

We are all worried dude. There isnt a single soul here that is happy with our lack of transfers.

However you have to factor everything, then the picture becomes less worrying.

RVP leaving Arsenal is a huge blow to them, even the Premier League.

Balotelli, not so much.

Sneidjer would be massive if he comes to England, not bother if he ends up elsewhere.

They say they're not gonna sell him, but what does do they have as they can't afford to let him go for free(like last season). Well i have to wenger credit, because everytime they lose their top player they still continue to make top 4. When they lost vieira and henry everyone thought they would collapse. Then they lost fabregas and nasri and they still made the top 3. RVP will be a big blow but i think somehow wenger will do it again somehow Sneijder would have gone to the mancs last season but its his wages. I think he wanted something like 250k a week. But he doesn't seem the same player anymore

They say they're not gonna sell him, but what does do they have as they can't afford to let him go for free(like last season). Well i have to wenger credit, because everytime they lose their top player they still continue to make top 4. When they lost vieira and henry everyone thought they would collapse. Then they lost fabregas and nasri and they still made the top 3. RVP will be a big blow but i think somehow wenger will do it again somehow Sneijder would have gone to the mancs last season but its his wages. I think he wanted something like 250k a week. But he doesn't seem the same player anymore

But they had a back up; someone to step up and fill the void.

You cant keep losing your best players and keep being up the table for long. They have consistently lost great players year after year.

At some point they are going to suffer for it, sooner or later.

Have to agree on your take about Sneijder. He is not as explosive as he once was. Need a reminder?

[YOUTUBE]7hA7lQ_bPhY[/YOUTUBE]

No, I'm claiming my mate to be the progeny of him.

Well, more of a mate of a mate when I was a teenager really. I did see him putting out the rubbish when I went round his house once though.

Wrong thread. That belongs in the claim to fame thread.

Do we really need more signings, almost buying for the sake of it?

For me, at the moment our GK and defence is more than ample.

We have Lucas returning soon. Jay can cover temp.

The Captain has just proven (again) he is Englands best player.

Downing cannot, just cannot be as bad as last year.

Maxi is still with us with a manager that may suit his style.

Aquillani returning.

Progress of Sterling.

Up front we have Suarez and Carroll with Bellamy in his final year.

Perhaps free up wages on Cole to fund a back up striker?

Or is that too optimistic?

Aquillani returning.

Progress of Sterling.

A couple of creative young attacking players (midfielders) and a young striker.

Aquillani returning.

Progress of Sterling.

Cant believe anyone can think like this , the worst post ive read in this thread.

Just sign a back up striker ? , Jay can cover Lucas ? relying on Maxi , Downing and Aquilani ? fucking mental , i guess your content with finishing 10th its the only explanation.