You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What phone to get?

NelCarra

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of your Ace otherwise, Lurtz?

As you know I went for the S11..I wish I loved it more the money I'm spending on it but for the things I use it most for..texting and access on here I'm deeply unimpressed by the erratic nature of the cursor when texting and particularly when trying to put up messages on here (that Scaramanga dude suggested something which improved it a bit but didnt solve the probelm

I love it, no probs at all other than the power drain which seems to get worse the more appy I install regardless of wether I have them pen or not. Perhaps they're constantly looking for updates, I dunno. This background thingy should help though.

Galaxy S3.

Just got one of these because I got tired of the smallish screen on the iPhone 4, waiting for iPhone 5, and then god knows how long before that gets jailbroken.

After years of bemoaning the walled garden approach of Apple I'd just got used to it (with JB of course). The move to Android has been interesting- most of the apps I used on the iPhone or their equivalent are available for the S3, so not missing Apple too much.

Love the big screen.

Guest davelfc
The One X is truly outstanding.

Outstandingly bad. It's been plagued by faults since it was released. I struggled to sell mine, eventually I managed it. Not that I'm saying mine had the known faults, it didn't but I bought a 4s instead.

I always thought I had to do one more step with android in order to do anything compared to apple. I don't think anyone would argue that the apple UI is the best in the business.

I liked the large screen, it was thin and light. But personally I prefer a phone I can just use to one that I can show off.

HTC One X Problems: Screen, battery & other issues | T3

If you want android, then I'd suggest an S3. It appears to have less issues than the One X

I got a HTC Sensation XL last November but will be jibbing it for an iPhone 5 the minute I can. The large screen is very good, as is the camera but it's just horrible to use compared to an iPhone and the data connections on it suck massively compared to all the iPhones I've had.

Outstandingly bad. It's been plagued by faults since it was released. I struggled to sell mine, eventually I managed it. Not that I'm saying mine had the known faults, it didn't but I bought a 4s instead.

I always thought I had to do one more step with android in order to do anything compared to apple. I don't think anyone would argue that the apple UI is the best in the business.

I liked the large screen, it was thin and light. But personally I prefer a phone I can just use to one that I can show off.

HTC One X Problems: Screen, battery & other issues | T3

If you want android, then I'd suggest an S3. It appears to have less issues than the One X

I agree that you have to go a little further, and it wouldn't be good for someone who doesn't know much about phones (i know that's not you!) Or just wants it to be ready for them out of the box, but the potential they have when you do discover things makes it lightyears ahead of apple iOS in my book.

Battery is definitely an issue, even though they were supposed to have fixed it. But that's the only problem I feel have encountered with it.

Genuine question. I have a jailbroken 4s and have been tempted to make the switch to the S3 because it looks a superb bit of kit, plus people tell me Android is excellent after you learn what it can do but my missus has an S1 and I cant stand using it. Am i missing something ? What, apart from flash does it do that ios cant ? I assume eveything Andriod has that I cant get on itunes I can get from Cydia ? Cheers

Genuine question. I have a jailbroken 4s and have been tempted to make the switch to the S3 because it looks a superb bit of kit, plus people tell me Android is excellent after you learn what it can do but my missus has an S1 and I cant stand using it. Am i missing something ? What, apart from flash does it do that ios cant ? I assume eveything Andriod has that I cant get on itunes I can get from Cydia ? Cheers

I currently have a Blackberry Curve 9300, and it really pisses me off. You are supposed to be able to browse the web on it, but that isn't the case because as soon as you try you lose your connection. I was thinking about getting a 4s, but I am now thinking about the S3, as they seem to be a better bit of kit. Is the internet connection on them any good, and is it worth hanging on for the 4G version to come out, as 4G will be around soon wont it.

Dont know about the samsung but I never get anyproblems whatsoever with the 4s and never had any problems with the 3gs either. I think I may just be bored and fancy a change for the sake of it. Worried if I do switch to android I will regret it though. Isnt the iphone 5 supposed to be coming out soon ? May be worth waiting to see what that can do.

I'm still on IPhone 3Gs. Was the first smart phone I had, but ive tried other peoples versions.

I'm very happy with it with no desire to "upgrade", it does everything I want in a phone and to be honest I probably am not using it to its capacity.

I know Apple are up their arses sometimes, but their stuff just "works".

So, in short, go with Apple.

Nexus looks great with Jellybean. Was strongly considering switching to that from my 4S when my contract is up.

4S does about everything I want, but I'm getting a bit tired of Apple and how insular it is.

Jailbreaking will help with this and its a piece of piss to do aswell. I downloaded music box from Cydia the other day. Basically like itunes but all the music is "free". Awesome app. Another good one is MX tube. Allows you to download video's straight from youtube

• 2 weeks later...

As people might have seen from other posts I got a Samsung S2 in May, my first venture into smartphones. I've not tried any others so maybe my expectations are too high but I'm deeply underwhelmed by its internet connection...I'm forever having to turn the thing on and off to get it to connect and/or load pages and whatever. For the money I'm paying I expected more. It gives me the feeling of looking back at the first computer games and thinking one day we'll laugh that we thought are new phones were so clever

I'll be upgrading my son's phone in November...I wont be getting him one of these