You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What phone to get?

NelCarra

I get to upgrade my phone 6 months early, next week, but I dont know what phone to upgrade to. Currently got a Blackberry Bold. Which phone or phones what you recommend for me to get. Ive heard the iphone 4S and Samsung S2 are good phones but I like the look of the new Blackberry Bold Torch also!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Samsung Galaxy S 2 is the best phone on the market. Take this from someone who had an iPhone for 2 years.

It's the same if not better in every department to the iPhone 4s, better battery with Juice Defender and simply the best camera on the phone. Ultra slim and slight. The only down side is, is that it is quite large in terms of length but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Here is a video of Biscan I took on the Galaxy S 2

[YOUTUBE]d7N3c-OAlxQ[/YOUTUBE]

The Samsung Galaxy S 2 is the best phone on the market. Take this from someone who had an iPhone for 2 years.

It's the same if not better in every department to the iPhone 4s, better battery with Juice Defender and simply the best camera on the phone. Ultra slim and slight. The only down side is, is that it is quite large in terms of length but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Here is a video of Biscan I took on the Galaxy S 2

[YOUTUBE]d7N3c-OAlxQ[/YOUTUBE]

I have the S2 and it is amazing. Although I wouldn't count on there not being something better in 6 months. The rumoured specs for the S3 (in approx 10 months or so) are mind blowing. I can't remember exactly, will have a look, but it might be worth waiting for.

Edit: I misread tho OP. If its here and now, get the S2. You wont regret it.

I have the S2 and it is amazing. Although I wouldn't count on there not being something better in 6 months. The rumoured specs for the S3 (in approx 10 months or so) are mind blowing. I can't remember exactly, will have a look, but it might be worth waiting for.

Edit: I misread tho OP. If its here and now, get the S2. You wont regret it.

There's two better phones out in the next 2weeks let alone 6 months.

Note is out today and Nexus in a few weeks.

No idea why, but this just came up on my tivo box when I was browsing youtube vids.

Quite interesting and not something you normally think of when buying a phone. It probably should be, though, as just about everyone I've ever know who's had an iPhone has cracked the screen at some point.

Yes on the Apps.

I have the original Samsung and I love it, but was playing with the s2 and its simply brilliant. My upgrade isnt due until a while but right now i'd go for the S2.

So basically the Samsung S2 is like the iphone 4S with the same apps etc but a better phone?

Yeah they are but when looking at it 12 months ago..the difference in quality was huge.

Im trying to decide between a iphone 4s or the nexus prime.

I'm waiting for the nexus prime to come out then check the reviews, in all honesty I'm bored with iPhone so fancy a change. That htc sensation xe is looking tempting.