You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

You can tell he doesn't like the club. Fucking hell he probably didn't even like it when he was manager. 

I can tell you that certain local journalists despised the cunt because although they had deadlines he always did the nationals first.

He never understood the club or city.

6 hours ago, Dicko said:

I can tell you that certain local journalists despised the cunt because although they had deadlines he always did the nationals first.

He never understood the club or city.

He thought he was bigger than the club and we were lucky to have him just because we had ownership issues at the time. I actually think he resented only getting offered such a role when we were in the shit and not because he's the best manager ever who's skills have transfer from Tromso or whatever. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

He thought he was bigger than the club and we were lucky to have him just because we had ownership issues at the time. I actually think he resented only getting offered such a role when we were in the shit and not because he's the best manager ever who's skills have transfer from Tromso or whatever. 

Having him in charge while the ownership battle was going on just emphasised what a shitshow the club was in at the time. The way we played after FSG first took over and Kenny got the job was an absolute breath of fresh air after this fraudster threatened to relegate us.

• Upvote 2

I remember he got the arse with a reporter who questioned him lowering expectations at Liverpool, to which he got very cross and pointed out his achievements with Neuchatel Xamax in the Swiss league.

I knew then we had a very real problem on our hands 

• 1 month later...

I know its my own fault for listening, but had Talkshite on in the car.  They were doing a phone in suggesting Hodgson is the best English manager ever!!!!!

This was backed up by loads of Fulham and West Brom fans ringing in.

Suggestions that we didn't appreciate cos we didn't listen to him!!!!!!

Best English manager ever = Bob Paisley, no fucking contest 

3 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I know its my own fault for listening, but had Talkshite on in the car.  They were doing a phone in suggesting Hodgson is the best English manager ever!!!!!

The bar is fairly low but I expect Sir Alf will be spinning in his grave

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

What a fucking joke to even compare him to Sir Bob , he's not even the best Neuchatel Xmax manager 

5 hours ago, Marko121 said:

Paisley, Clough, Ramsey, Nicholson, Chapman, Catterick, Cullis, Kendall, Robson, Fagan, Mee, Revie, Greenwood, Lyall > Hodgson

Hodgson wouldn’t make the top 100 best English managers of all time.

• Upvote 5

On 2/23/2019 at 8:15 AM, Red_or_Dead said:

And then there is this on the Beeb blowing smoke up his arse at becoming the oldest ever manager in the Premier League:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47291607

Fucking useless shit bastard

You just know that neville is bigging up the owl as an oblique dig at us. The rat faced mutant cunt. 

• 2 weeks later...

For want of a better place to post it.

What a spectacularly clever idea from Fulham, who in no way have more important things to focus on than trying to win a few cheap populism points jumping on the anti-LFC bandwagon.

Fulham launch astonishing series of swipes at Liverpool in defence of Roy Hodgson

Cottagers stoke flames in official matchday programme ahead of Reds visit later this month

• 11:27, 5 MAR 2019
  • Updated11:43, 5 MAR 2019
Roy Hodgson, now manager of Crystal Palace, and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp shake handsRoy Hodgson, now manager of Crystal Palace, and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp shake hands (Image: Julian Finney/Getty Images)

Cottagers stoke flames in official matchday programme ahead of Reds visit later this month

Liverpool's visit to Fulham later this month has assumed a new dimension after the Londoners aimed an astonishing series of swipes at the Reds and their supporters.

The official Fulham FC Matchday Programme for Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Chelsea included a regular section called “The List” in which they mused over three people who would have perhaps been better served by not leaving the club.

Among their selections was Roy Hodgson, who departed Craven Cottage in the summer of 2010 for an ill-fated and brief tenure in charge of Liverpool.

And in describing Hodgson's time at Anfield, Fulham have stoked the flames ahead of the visit of Jurgen Klopp's side on Sunday week.

Keep up to date with all the latest Liverpool news and transfer rumours here

“He was given a frosty reception on his subsequent appointment at Liverpool, with fans being unmoved by his success with smaller provincial clubs like Inter Milan,” read the article.

“Realising that Roy was not going to win the league immediately and angered by his failure to buy the world's best players, who would obviously jump at the chance to sign for the team that had dominated Europe a mere three decades earlier, fans quickly lost patience.

Jose Mourinho: Jurgen Klopp needs to be more honest with his Liverpool players

“Demonstrating the cool-headed pragmatism that has endeared them to the footballing public, the Liverpool faithful demanded Roy's replacement be an exciting young manager befitting the club's stature.”

The article continued: “Setting the time circuits to 1991, the club's executives piled into the waiting DeLorean and floored it to '88, returning with a fresh-faced and energetic Kenny Dalglish, ready to usher in a new era of dominance spearheaded by future club legend Andy Carroll, a shrewd purchase at just £35m.

“Unfortunately, however, Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney recovered the time machine, went back to 1991, stole the Sports Almanac and brutally laid out Jan Molby at the 'Enchantment Under the Sea' dance.

“This left the club with no option but to drag present day Kenny out of the pub and into the dugout, skewing the timeline and culminating in an underwhelming eight-place finish and Kenny's departure (again).”

Liverpool slumped to 19th place during Hodgson's regime, while his successor Dalglish led Liverpool to the FA Cup final in 2012 having won the League Cup a few months earlier.

Download our FREE LFC App 

Don't miss a thing with our free LFC App click here for iTunes and click here for android.

Last season's Champions League finalists are a point behind Premier League leaders Manchester City with nine games remaining, while Fulham are loitering in the relegation zone having already sacked Slavisa Jokanovic and Claudio Ranieri as manager this season, Scott Parker currently the interim boss.