You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have to say this as its winding me up.

Guest simon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Dyspraxia an actual medical term?

I thought he had just spelt Dyslexia wrong!

Yeah, its where you can't coordinate actions, and execute directions and stuff...

Essentially, he'd be like, at work, with a chopping knife, prepping some veggies, and then chop his hand off, and pick up an ice cream cone and call the ambulance with it.

Guest simon
Simon, if you have dyspraxia (seriously), then what the fuck are you doing wielding a knife at work?

How have you not lopped off a finger, or more, yet?

Mate Dypraxia just affect you output and Organisational skills, Some forms of it can be really bad but not as bad as you make out.

Guest simon
Is Dyspraxia an actual medical term?

I thought he had just spelt Dyslexia wrong!

Developmental dyspraxia is an impairment or immaturity of the organisation of movement. It is an immaturity in the way that the brain processes information, which results in messages not being properly or fully transmitted. The term dyspraxia comes from the word praxis, which means 'doing, acting'. Dyspraxia affects the planning of what to do and how to do it. It is associated with problems of perception, language and thought.

Dyspraxia is thought to affect up to ten per cent of the population and up to two per cent severely. Males are four times more likely to be affected than females. Dyspraxia sometimes runs in families. There may be an overlap with related conditions.

Other names for dyspraxia include Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD), Perceptuo-Motor Dysfunction, and Motor Learning Difficulties. It used to be known as Minimal Brain Damage and Clumsy Child Syndrome.

Statistically, it is likely that there is one child in every class of 30 children. We need to make sure that everyone understands and knows how best to help this significant minority.

Guest simon
Where the fuck is that from!?

It was a Drama about a funeral director i think i think. Or it may be that doenton abbey thing.

Developmental dyspraxia is an impairment or immaturity of the organisation of movement. It is an immaturity in the way that the brain processes information, which results in messages not being properly or fully transmitted. The term dyspraxia comes from the word praxis, which means 'doing, acting'. Dyspraxia affects the planning of what to do and how to do it. It is associated with problems of perception, language and thought.

Dyspraxia is thought to affect up to ten per cent of the population and up to two per cent severely. Males are four times more likely to be affected than females. Dyspraxia sometimes runs in families. There may be an overlap with related conditions.

Other names for dyspraxia include Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD), Perceptuo-Motor Dysfunction, and Motor Learning Difficulties. It used to be known as Minimal Brain Damage and Clumsy Child Syndrome.

You have basically just described one of the annoying bitches who I work with!

Guest simon
You have basically just described one of the annoying bitches who I work with!

Im all of it but not movement. Like i said if anything is gonna stop me becoming a great Chef its this. I am gonna see about getting it sorted though.

Guest simon
Simon' date=' you need to get your translator to work again.

This was particularly baffling to decipher. It broke Google[/quote']

Haha thats basicly saying him going to Madrid would make him a mercenery and if he went Juve Maradona wouldnt be able to go and see him.

Yeah, its where you can't coordinate actions, and execute directions and stuff...

Essentially, he'd be like, at work, with a chopping knife, prepping some veggies, and then chop his hand off, and pick up an ice cream cone and call the ambulance with it.

That is the funniest thing i seen in ages .

Quality. Can't rep, someone do the honours.