You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

I cant understand why this announcment was made today, the day before one of the biggest strikes in year.

According to PCS reps in our place they have a 93-94% tally of union members and I cant see very many not striking.

And I'll bet that the other 6 or 7 % are "managers" / cunts and spastics.

I always find it very interesting to see the reaction of those scabs who go in.

Some "managers" try and make light of it, offering tea or coffee to those on picket duty (ie those with the BALLS to stand up for their rights too). Guilty conscience or just shit scared ? "You should be cos...I'll tip that fucking cup over your fucking head..."

Some scabby cunts try and sneak in early or get a lift in unexpectedly, keeping their heads down or eyes straight front. Acute shame ? "I saw yer, hope your fucking car crashes ya fucking shithouse."

Those ridiculous spastics who try to rationalise their actions (to themselves ?) by protesting that they're not union members.

"Ok, here's a membership form, you don't have to go in, stand alongside your mates and colleagues..."

"Oh, I can't afford it..."

"Yeh ? Me either you selfish weak cunt. Fuck right off."

Tomorrow will definitely be a watershed moment in my working life.

I'm a private sector worker who has full sympathy for publuc sector workers defending their pensions. The reason is that I'm not stupid enough to fall for the idea that equality should be attained by dragging the public sector workers down to the level the private sector is at, the private sector should be getting lifted up to the public sector.

Basic divide and conquer techniques and utterly transparent.

Spot on.

Some "managers" try and make light of it, offering tea or coffee to those on picket duty (ie those with the BALLS to stand up for their rights too). Guilty conscience or just shit scared ? "You should be cos...I'll tip that fucking cup over your fucking head..."

Some scabby cunts try and sneak in early or get a lift in unexpectedly, keeping their heads down or eyes straight front. Acute shame ? "I saw yer, hope your fucking car crashes ya fucking shithouse."

Those ridiculous spastics who try to rationalise their actions (to themselves ?) by protesting that they're not union members.

"Ok, here's a membership form, you don't have to go in, stand alongside your mates and colleagues..."

or even worse, managers were supposed to have bought pizzas and stuff for staff that crossed the picket line last year.

If this was true thats appauling.

Backing all the lads who're going on strike tomorrow in spirit. This is class war people, make no mistake about it, not between the middle and the working class, but between the modern Gods of Olympus that walk among us - the international superclass - and quite literally everyone else. Given enough time, they will take everything you hold dear and everything your parents built. Then they'll take this country like an empty beer can, like they have with Greece, Ireland and Italy, and throw it over their shoulder. Don't let them win.

Excellent post

Anybody who crosses a picket tomorrow, who is directly effected by the cuts and issues, should hang their head in fucking shame!

I've been offered a ridiculous amount, relative to my normal rates, to work tomorrow, not a fucking chance. I'd rather orally pleasure Thatcher whilst Cameron watches on wanking than devalue myself, friends and colleagues by allowing these fuckers to ride roughshod over us and being complicit in it.

Fuck 'em.

or even worse, managers were supposed to have bought pizzas and stuff for staff that crossed the picket line last year.

If this was true thats appauling.

Oh, it's true.

In our place they bought the fuckers bacon sarnies cos a few of the unbelieveable uber-mongs we're even bragging about it the next day.

Unfucking believeable.

These scabby bastards may be too fucking thick and conscience lite to know it, but they are bending over in expectant submission for a colossol arse raping.

This is a post off another fourm and it just goes to show what we are up against.

'I work for an academy and if we strike we won't get paid for the day! Pupils are definitely not in for the day though.

I'm not striking as I only just joined and can't afford losing the money! Also I missed the ballot to vote for strike so I'd feel a bit hypocritical!'

First part, we all work for somewere and no one will get paid weather or not its an acadamy, school, hospital etc.

And that last piece is sickning to use that as an excuse.

Have some fucking balls.

At its heart, this is really a dispute about who pays.

Example. 2009/10 teachers' pensions cost £6.8bn. This was made up from £1.5bn of pension contributions from teachers, £3.2bn from employers (ie taxpayers) and a £2.1bn top-up from the Treasury (taxpayer again).

In other words, teachers put in 22p in the pound and the taxpayer put in the other 78p.

So the question really is, should the line be moved and, if so, how far?

I have two daughters, one a teacher, the other a Social Worker neither of who are striking.

The teacher one told me about the pensions not being the only thing her colleagues are striking over.

A BBC poll of left wingers isn't going to convince a lot of people queuing at airports.

Rough maths here.

Apparently a £30,000 pot will give you a little over £1000 a year in pension. Imagine you want £8K on top of your state pension. That's a £240,000 pot you need. Imagine working for 40 years. You need to be accruing £6K a year in your pot.

People don't work and save long enough.

So, your daughter who is a teacher, is the rest of the school she works at shut due to the strike? Or is the whole school open?

And what are you basing the bit in bold on?

I'll be walking across the line tomorrow. I work in a building with public sectors workers although I'm private sector. I'll be fucked sideways before I lose any money on someone else's business.

I'll be walking across the line tomorrow. I work in a building with public sectors workers although I'm private sector. I'll be fucked sideways before I lose any money on someone else's business.

Remember that they're not allowed to intimidate you or anyone else going about their business, or they'll be breaking the law :whistle:

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Remember that they're not allowed to intimidate you or anyone else going about their business, or they'll be breaking the law :whistle:

I take it you're striking tomorrow?

Do you think they'll be coming out on strike for me then? I'm betting Unison would be telling me it is none of their business and they only represent public sector.

The point I'm making is that if the government break the public sector then they'll send a message to the private sector that they can do anything they like.

If you choose not to be a union member then of course you have to fight your own battles and take whatever comes and cannot expect a union to come out to support you.

The point I'm making is that if the government break the public sector then they'll send a message to the private sector that they can do anything they like.

If you choose not to be a union member then of course you have to fight your own battles and take whatever comes and cannot expect a union to come out to support you.

I don't think there is a union for IT contractors.

Na..private sector pensions are nowhere near on par with public sector workers for normal employees due to Gordon Brown's changes on ACT relief.

Anybody who crosses a picket tomorrow, who is directly effected by the cuts and issues, should hang their head in fucking shame!

I've been offered a ridiculous amount, relative to my normal rates, to work tomorrow, not a fucking chance. I'd rather orally pleasure Thatcher whilst Cameron watches on wanking than devalue myself, friends and colleagues by allowing these fuckers to ride roughshod over us and being complicit in it.

Fuck 'em.

I was on strike in 2006 and it lasted nearly 6 weeks, thanks to over 200 people who were promised double time and first shot at promotion.

The same people said it wasn't about money but serving the community. All of these people (who have short memories) went out in 2002 when we got a pay rise, so it shows exactly what motivates them.

Ive got 10 years until i retire - at the moment, so i could say fuck it, but i want to protect those who come in after me, like thousands did before me. I don't always agree with strikes but if we don't defend our rights and conditions, no other fucker will do it for us.