You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

18 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The Christmas period for businesses starts in late October.  Businesses are going bust due to energy prices, not strikes. 

Why doesn't Madeley get energy firms on the programme and ask them the same question about 'goodwill' during Xmas, during snow and ice. 

Because he’s a blank faced twat who probably doesn’t get a say in the guests. I dunno. 

Stick train drivers in the hospitals and change their salaries to match. Stick nurses on trains and change their salaries to match. See if the cards are still on the table then.

45 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You’re thick as pig shit and not worth the shit off shoes of the people you sit and attempt to judge.  

Calm down posh lad, think of your blood pressure. Have a nice cup of coffee.

Saint O'brien voted Boris Johnson. That's not opinion, that's a fact. 

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Stick train drivers in the hospitals and change their salaries to match. Stick nurses on trains and change their salaries to match. See if the cards are still on the table then.

I can see a few hiccups there tbh.

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I think it's perfectly reasonable for a journalist to ask a union boss what the financial cost of the strike is to his members. They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't ask that question.

I agree. It’s also perfectly reasonable for the person being asked to hold them accountable for their easily influenced jibber jabber. 

9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I agree. It’s also perfectly reasonable for the person being asked to hold them accountable for their easily influenced jibber jabber. 

It would be nice if these journalists spent even some time focusing on what the government isn't doing to help resolve this. They want these strikes to go ahead because they can blame Labour. It’s all a shit show. 

14 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I think it's perfectly reasonable for a journalist to ask a union boss what the financial cost of the strike is to his members. They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't ask that question.

Maybe he has just reached the end of his tether after being asked numerous why are you ruining christmas type questions?

I find it a bit weird that he has spent the last few months utterly destroying every rent a quote tory mp they wheel out,and the the one day he loses his temper,the bbc feature it as a major story.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Maybe he has just reached the end of his tether after being asked numerous why are you ruining christmas type questions?

I find it a bit weird that he has spent the last few months utterly destroying every rent a quote tory mp they wheel out,and the the one day he loses his temper,the bbc feature it as a major story.  

All part of the governments angle.

Blame them! They ruined Christmas that Labour Party and it’s pesky unions! Fully expect the sob stories “oh I couldn’t get home and my dog ate my baby” “had to close my business because we didn’t sell a thing over Christmas” 

9 minutes ago, Strontium said:

What does the RMT have to do with Labour?

Have you been watching PMQs lately? 

Watch it on Wednesday and watch sunak blame Labour (again) for the strikes. Facts don’t matter as long as they can get that message across to the gullible public. We’ve seen it before ….

”militant Labour lefties holding the country to ransom” etc 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Calm down posh lad, think of your blood pressure. Have a nice cup of coffee.

Saint O'brien voted Boris Johnson. That's not opinion, that's a fact. 

Yeah, he voted for him as Mayor. Is that him done now? Can’t come back from that, can’t honestly admit he made a mistake? Not good enough for the oh so pure brexiteers like you. 

25 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, he voted for him as Mayor. Is that him done now? Can’t come back from that, can’t honestly admit he made a mistake? Not good enough for the oh so pure brexiteers like you. 

No, not in my eyes now shut up you soft cunt.

Just been chatting to my postie. They had a demo & march down in London on Saturday. They were expecting 15,000 but 17,500 turned up. I haven’t looked at the news but I doubt it made it into the papers. They’re out again tomorrow and then again on the 23rd and the 24th. Told him to make sure he gets his card off us at some point in the next couple of days. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just been chatting to my postie. They had a demo & march down in London on Saturday. They were expecting 15,000 but 17,500 turned up. I haven’t looked at the news but I doubt it made it into the papers. They’re out again tomorrow and then again on the 23rd and the 24th. Told him to make sure he gets his card off us at some point in the next couple of days. 

On the subject. I've posted it somewhere here before but I'll post it again. Well in Nev.

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

Just, no. 

It's not relevant, it's a boring number, it has no bearing whatsoever to the issue.  

"Workers lose £3m in recent strikes"

*Shrugs* 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It would be nice if these journalists spent even some time focusing on what the government isn't doing to help resolve this. They want these strikes to go ahead because they can blame Labour. It’s all a shit show. 

Rail should double down, strike for 2 weeks straight in January.  

Only so long the government can deflect this missile. 

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Just, no. 

It's not relevant, it's a boring number, it has no bearing whatsoever to the issue.  

"Workers lose £3m in recent strikes"

*Shrugs* 

It's highly relevant whether the amount someone is losing by going on strike is worth the potential gains from going on strike. That's the gamble inherent in striking for more pay, it's right at the heart of the matter.