You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cisse/Drogba. Are we buying the wrong man

Hermes

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the financing is a done deal as part of the negotiations already held. what must be of greater concern is how he'll be played. If it's still GH you can bet your life that if Cisse becomes a hero, as no doubt he will, he'll be asked to do the Donkey defending role as well, thus blunting the only real edge we will have if MO says bye,bye and Milan is on the rota system. You've got to wonder whether the rest of the existing squad will compliment him. If not he'll be looking at SG as sole provider. The guy has got real pace and I'm afraid it's going to be wasted.

• 2 months later...

Marseilles has apparantly turned down an offer in the region £19m for Drogba. But saying they might sell for financial reasons...

So not only are we getting the better player... We are getting the better player to a much lower price!

Love the way Chelsea keeps on getting screwed in the transfer market! ;)

• 2 years later...

The real deal eh? :smile:

Nah, I was excited to see Cisse coming meself, and if that crystal ball is still floating round yours Fivetimes may I borrow it for the lottery..

What do you think of our current crop Hermes?

Kuyt - hard working, links well with others but won't get 20 league goals. Good enough for the level we are operating at currently.

Bellamy - any player with his pace is a threat but he won't score more than 15 league goals. More of a second striker. If the Asian money materialises his career here is over.

Crouch - see previous posts on this subject, nothing more to add.

Robbie - sad to see him operating at his current level. This season will be his last here, but the memories will linger. Once the best forward we ever had, where did it all go wrong?

Kuyt - hard working, links well with others but won't get 20 league goals. Good enough for the level we are operating at currently.

Bellamy - any player with his pace is a threat but he won't score more than 15 league goals. More of a second striker. If the Asian money materialises his career here is over.

Crouch - see previous posts on this subject, nothing more to add.

Robbie - sad to see him operating at his current level. This season will be his last here, but the memories will linger. Once the best forward we ever had, where did it all go wrong?

I think Kuyt deserves a lot of credit for his overall contribution. I think he may just get 20 goals but in all competitions, however he brings far more than goals.

I wasn't sure abotu Bellamy at all, I still aren't convinced. If he keeps up his recent form he will prove to be very useful.

Crouch I agree with you, nothing to add. Its not worth dragging that old argument up again.

Robbie can't really do any wrong for me. Sure, he's not the player he was but we knew that. I reckon he still has an important role to play, even if it's just in the cups.

Forgot to ask which striker you think we could realistically buy with adn without investment?

Without investment Kuyt was probably as good as we could get for the money we paid for him.

With investment? if we had £20m in January I'd make a cheeky bid for Sheva. Only Henry and E'to compare with him currently.

..................................oh, my favourite colour is black, my favourite food is steak and my favourite drink is Guinness. I'm also hetrosexual. :smile:

Without investment Kuyt was probably as good as we could get for the money we paid for him.

With investment? if we had £20m in January I'd make a cheeky bid for Sheva. Only Henry and E'to compare with him currently.

..................................oh, my favourite colour is black, my favourite food is steak and my favourite drink is Guinness. I'm also hetrosexual. :smile:

What the devil are you insinuating?