You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And what a lying piece of shit Joe McCarthy was. Hounded thousands out of jobs,blackballed many entertainers Inc the great Paul Robeson 

When

He later falsely claimed participation in 32 aerial missions in order to qualify for a Distinguished Flying Cross and multiple awards of the Air Medal, which the Marine Corps chain of command decided to approve in 1952 because of his political influence.  McCarthy also publicized a letter of commendation which he claimed had been signed by his commanding officer and Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, then Chief of Naval Operations.However, his commander revealed that McCarthy had written this letter himself, probably while preparing award citations and commendation letters as an additional duty, and that he had signed his commander's name, after which Nimitz signed it during the process of just signing numerous other such letters. A "war wound"—a badly broken leg—that McCarthy made the subject of varying stories involving airplane crashes or anti-aircraft fire had in fact happened aboard ship during a raucous celebration for sailors crossing the equator for the first time. Because of McCarthy's various lies about his military heroism, his "Tail-Gunner Joe" nickname was sarcastically used as a term of mockery by his critics.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Trumps going to be merciless with Biden in a long head to head campaign. 

Its down to the Dems to be merciless back.

Showing Trump sat in front of Putin in Helsinki, like a little bitch, when asked if Russia interfered in his election. And changing the answer when he was home. You will never see anything more pathetic.

The Dems should have that on constant rotation as the behaviour of their Commander In Chief.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Its down to the Dems to be merciless back.

Showing Trump sat in front of Putin in Helsinki, like a little bitch, when asked if Russia interfered in his election. And changing the answer when he was home. You will never see anything more pathetic.

The Dems should have that on constant rotation as the behaviour of their Commander In Chief.

I'm more talking about the one on ones and the meet and greets, interviews etc  I don't think Biden will be up to it. Imo he should be retired and sitting out on his front step. 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm more talking about the one on ones and the meet and greets, interviews etc  I don't think Biden will be up to it. Imo he should be retired and sitting out on his front step. 

Its almost like they never learned their lesson with putting Hillary up against him. They seem to have the same idea, Its Trump, he's a cunt nobody will vote for him. Also shows they are more scared of change and younger members of the party who want change in all areas than they are of another few years of Trump. But then the gravy train needs kept on the same tracks its been on since 1945

I'd like to see a Presidential contest between Trump and Teddy Roosevelt personally. Teddy would have got so sick of his shit he would have offered him a duel or just knocked him out

They apparently tazered Paw Paws balls in the Capital building which gave him a heart attack, no serious. Only in America.

Its a shame they didn't drop a nuke and flatten the lot including the politicians. Missed opportunity imo. 

Someone in the replies told him his Christmas tree looks shit and he replied its an insensitive comment at a time like this, Maw Maw is still in mourning for Paw Paw.

Dear God 

• Haha 1

From the Fart of the Deal guy --

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday suggested the Civil War could have been avoided through “negotiation,” arguing that the fight to end slavery in the US was ultimately unnecessary and that Abraham Lincoln should have done more to avoid bloodshed.

“So many mistakes were made. See, there was something I think could have been negotiated, to be honest with you,” Trump said at a campaign event in Newton, Iowa. “I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died. So many people died.”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Trying to get the GA case tossed out again.

This time because no one told him specifically that inciting an insurrection was against the law.

The best and brightest.

As UK judges will never tire of telling you, ignorance of the law is no defence.

• Upvote 1

On 07/01/2024 at 11:57, TheHowieLama said:

From the Fart of the Deal guy --

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday suggested the Civil War could have been avoided through “negotiation,” arguing that the fight to end slavery in the US was ultimately unnecessary and that Abraham Lincoln should have done more to avoid bloodshed.

“So many mistakes were made. See, there was something I think could have been negotiated, to be honest with you,” Trump said at a campaign event in Newton, Iowa. “I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died. So many people died.”

Sensational stuff. 

• Upvote 1

On 06/01/2024 at 17:27, Bruce Spanner said:

If you work in the service industry you get zero holiday allocation, no medical a lot of the time which means no sick pay also, zero contract protection, tow weeks maternity leave if required and a whole lot of other bullshit at the sharp end of capitalisms poster child.

The 'holidays' you do get are national holiday, whic is about six or so and includes Christmas and New Years Day

They don't actually have any laws around holiday entitlements which is absurd.

A friend of mine worked out there in her twenties and talked me through it one night, the reason she returned was because she broke her wrist and run up near $30k medical debt.

as you know, i go to the US a lot. Only big cities, but quite a lot of different places. when i am there i am fascinated about how a lot of people are employed, peoples views on health care and all really those big day to day things that makes the US different to here, but can equally be quite different state to state. one of the things that seems to becoming more and more prevalent with bar staff/waitresses etc, is how many are not employed at all, not even on minimum wage. they just rock up, work and they get paid their tips and nothing else. it's quite incredible really. no salary, no holidays, no health (no tax to to be fair). 

in the types of places i will be, which are normally busy city places, they're probably earning a very decent crust on the days they're working - tips are big and absolutely everyone pays them. but fuck me, who wants to live without basic things like healthcare? and it is just normal, they shrug their shoulders like it's just fine. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

as you know, i go to the US a lot. Only big cities, but quite a lot of different places. when i am there i am fascinated about how a lot of people are employed, peoples views on health care and all really those big day to day things that makes the US different to here, but can equally be quite different state to state. one of the things that seems to becoming more and more prevalent with bar staff/waitresses etc, is how many are not employed at all, not even on minimum wage. they just rock up, work and they get paid their tips and nothing else. it's quite incredible really. no salary, no holidays, no health (no tax too to be fair). 

in the types of places i will be, which are normally busy city places, they're probably earning a very decent crust on the days they're working - tips are big and absolutely everyone pays them. but fuck me, who wants to live without basic things like healthcare? and it is just normal, they shrug their shoulders like it's just fine. 

In some of the higher end NY places you can actually pay to work as the tips will be so good it’ll be worth you while.

Strange country.