You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Saw this on Facebook but it was a Man City fan. Absolutely nails them.

Everton fans seem to live in a perpetual state of moral outrage at the moment...as if the rest of us footballing charlatans owe them some sort of debt of gratitude....for harking back to "better" times and reminding us all that only they actually represent the last bastion of what supporting a "real" football club used to mean......all piously self-procalimed and monotonously repeated to anyone that will listen,and always delivered with a pompous sermon about their "glorious history"....as if no other club has existed,or their achievements somehow pale into insignificance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

He looks like the "Yer having me on aren't yer?" kid in the footage of when Shankly resigned and the reporter is by the Empire telling everyone. 

2.09 onwards

That is literally the first thing i thought of as well. Uncanny resemblance. I assume you know anyway, but the reporter is Tony Wilson, he's clearly made up with the news. 

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

That is literally the first thing i thought of as well. Uncanny resemblance. I assume you know anyway, but the reporter is Tony Wilson, he's clearly made up with the news. 

I saw him about a month before he died and joked with him about the way he always used Granada Reports to push his Manc agenda. He said "Liverpool is a nicer city but don't tell anyone I said that". 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's a thing of beauty in every way.  Filming an Everton corner, in the hope that they'll score, then keep filming to catch the raised finger, the "TWAT!" and the steward calmly picking up the shite that they throw. What's not to love?

Just watched it again. To add to the list of things that I enjoy about it - the absolutely pathetic dive from their lad looking for a pen before we break - they were on the brink of screaming for it as usual, until they realised things were looking perilous for them with the break we had on

11 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I saw him about a month before he died and joked with him about the way he always used Granada Reports to push his Manc agenda. He said "Liverpool is a nicer city but don't tell anyone I said that". 

In our house he was known as "Tony Wilson Fuck Off"

16 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

He looks like the "Yer having me on aren't yer?" kid in the footage of when Shankly resigned and the reporter is by the Empire telling everyone. 

2.09 onwards

That's what i thought when i first seen it. My eyes got a bit moist watching that again though. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I like Manchester as a city but let's be honest, he's right. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I used to proper hate him when I was younger, it's only when I get older, and moreover after he died that I read up on him, and he was a decent bloke. Yeah he loved his city the most, but he loved the North West as a whole. His contribution to the music industry can never be dismissed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3