You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Meanwhile at another basket case of a club, Everton target Wilfred Gnonto has gone on strike at Leeds having then put in a transfer request. Mancini told him he has to play top division football to be considered for the national team. The same Mancini who's just left his job "by mutual consent".

Leeds fans are spitting feathers. The lad is getting dog's abuse from the same fans that abused Bamford and Daniel James last season who, although they're shit, at least tried hard when they were fit. They've continued their rip roaring, winless start in the championship with a 1-1 draw at home to West Brom and are 17th in the table. Long may that run of form continue. 

Everton have had a couple of bids rejected but still want him. A striker who's scored 4 times in 29 appearances in English football. Sounds like another prolific goal scorer on his way to Woodison. He'll fit in perfectly. 

Leeds are adamant he’s not for sale. Well, unless Everton cough up £40m they don’t have. I’m quite enjoying this one as Everton and their fans are behaving like the entitled cunts they always claim not to be, and Leeds are digging in.

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Leeds are adamant he’s not for sale. Well, unless Everton cough up £40m they don’t have. I’m quite enjoying this one as Everton and their fans are behaving like the entitled cunts they always claim not to be, and Leeds are digging in.

Player power though. As shit as that is. Farke has got him training on his own. And he was out on the lash in Harrogate last night. Sounds like he and the club have totally fallen out. Be funny if someone swiped him from under the Ev's nose, like Palace or someone. 

He’s put in a written transfer request. Imagine going out on a limb like that in an effort to join Everton. 

How would their fans would react if we were unsettling a player in this manner? They’d be all pious and talking about how we have no class.  

How are Everton still spending money? They still made about a £40m loss in last season’s accounts didn’t they? And that was after selling Richarlison for big money. Have they sold anyone for money this summer? They’ve signed that lad from Sporting for around £15m, Harrison has come in on a loan with a clause that they have to buy him next summer, they’ve bid £12m for Che Adams, and Gnonto will cost at least £25m. I don’t get how they can spend when they’re already in the shit with the PL and they have no prospect in the immediate future of generating extra revenue. 

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Player power though. As shit as that is. Farke has got him training on his own. And he was out on the lash in Harrogate last night. Sounds like he and the club have totally fallen out. Be funny if someone swiped him from under the Ev's nose, like Palace or someone. 

If you're having a fight with your club it's pretty ballsie going out on the ale. I don't know Harrogate to know if it'd be full of Leeds fans, but I assume there's a fair chance. 

46 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

He’s put in a written transfer request. Imagine going out on a limb like that in an effort to join Everton. 

How would their fans would react if we were unsettling a player in this manner? They’d be all pious and talking about how we have no class.  

How are Everton still spending money? They still made about a £40m loss in last season’s accounts didn’t they? And that was after selling Richarlison for big money. Have they sold anyone for money this summer? They’ve signed that lad from Sporting for around £15m, Harrison has come in on a loan with a clause that they have to buy him next summer, they’ve bid £12m for Che Adams, and Gnonto will cost at least £25m. I don’t get how they can spend when they’re already in the shit with the PL and they have no prospect in the immediate future of generating extra revenue. 

I think they have cleared a lot off the wage bill since the last accounts were published (which obviously includes richarlison). Their major issue was turnover being almost matched by the wage bill, but I think they have got it back to almost normal levels, so I guess they're spending the Gordon money this summer. They've got the issues the other way that the uncle uzzie money has gone, but a bit like Chelsea, they're declaring 100% profit on Gordon and if they spend 50m on fees, it'll likely only add 10m in amortisation to their P&L. So the question is just do they have cashflow, as that was a problem previously. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If you're having a fight with your club it's pretty ballsie going out on the ale. I don't know Harrogate to know if it'd be full of Leeds fans, but I assume there's a fair chance. 

Not the type of Leeds fans you'd see in Leeds, most of whom can't pronounce Harrogate let alone navigate a route to it. 

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think they have cleared a lot off the wage bill since the last accounts were published (which obviously includes richarlison). Their major issue was turnover being almost matched by the wage bill, but I think they have got it back to almost normal levels, so I guess they're spending the Gordon money this summer. They've got the issues the other way that the uncle uzzie money has gone, but a bit like Chelsea, they're declaring 100% profit on Gordon and if they spend 50m on fees, it'll likely only add 10m in amortisation to their P&L. So the question is just do they have cashflow, as that was a problem previously. 

I forgot that they’d sold Gordon. They got about £40m for him didn’t they?

In regards to amortisation stuff, they’re banking on the extra revenue they should generate when they move to the new stadium I take it? Still a gamble as relegation would doom them and the rules in the Championship are much stricter. If they do go down they will need to ensure they get instant promotion back to the PL or they could be fucked for years.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I forgot that they’d sold Gordon. They got about £40m for him didn’t they?

In regards to amortisation stuff, they’re banking on the extra revenue they should generate when they move to the new stadium I take it? Still a gamble as relegation would doom them and the rules in the Championship are much stricter. If they do go down they will need to ensure they get instant promotion back to the PL or they could be fucked for years.

I think they know they're fucked if they go down either way. But I would have thought if they can get their wages to 65-70% of turnover (I dunno if they can), they give themselves some breathing room. They've been lifting the gate money too over previous seasons in readiness for the new ground, so match day income will be going up (although obviously still a small number) and there's a new TV deal on the way and after the relatively flat one during COVID. I reckon they're over the worst of it from a normal operational cost perspective. It's just a question of how they find the stadium money and have cashflow in some situations now uncle uzzie can't help. The MSP capital deal still hasn't been done has it? 

1 minute ago, SlugTrail said:

This man understands that some things transcend football and its tribalism. Respect to him pure class.

The fact that he is a middle aged fella is an indication of where most of the knobhead social media stuff stems from. Mainly kids who have no idea about Heysel or Hillsborough and been fed lies through a mixture of media archives and fellow bitters with little association with what actually happened in the aftermath. The official total is 97 but the real total is much more. Some Evertonians too actually,who suffered mental and psychological problems due to losing family and friends through the tragedy.

On 19/08/2023 at 09:45, Barrington Womble said:

1. Man Utd

2. Liverpool

3. Leeds

• Upvote 1