You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

22 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Just read that article. Their funding seems as shady as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Usmanov channeling the cash through intermediaries like that RMFL mob. I say 'mob', but it appears there's only two people in the company.

I had to laugh when I read that, if the stadium isn't completed, Everton might have to spend hundreds of millions returning the dock to its original condition. In recent years people have asked about giving up a league title or CL to see Everton get relegated. I've always been against it, thinking we were bigger than that. But I'd be tempted to give up a fucking quadruple to see them cunts go out of business demolishing their new stadium before they'd even played a game in it.

Anyway, good to see some good investigative journalism in the Guardian.

Haha I love how this post considers being the bigger man before conceding you’d actually  give up a quadruple to watch the shite suffer. Top post!

Interesting piece in the Guardian regarding this stadium. I didn't realize that they don't have the finances in place to pay for it yet, but just went ahead and started work anyway with what's available and are hoping somebody latches onto the project once it's half-built. Strangely enough, this is not how building a new stadium usually works. 

Oh, and according to the piece, their finances are murky as shit. But then we already knew that. 

Please God let this be the year they fall through the trapdoor. 

42 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Interesting piece in the Guardian regarding this stadium. I didn't realize that they don't have the finances in place to pay for it yet, but just went ahead and started work anyway with what's available and are hoping somebody latches onto the project once it's half-built. Strangely enough, this is not how building a new stadium usually works. 

Oh, and according to the piece, their finances are murky as shit. But then we already knew that. 

They probably thought that they were under pressure to start it because they had been going on about it for six years and all the kopites were laughing at them.

I like the way they come up with the excuse about them speaking out against the Super League. The Super League never got formed and the Premier League and FA were against it.

So who exactly is out to get them when the PL and FA were against it and the ESL never got formed so there are no "powers that be" that could punish them for objecting to a League they were never invited to play in?

Also, several other clubs such as Leeds, Aston Villa and Newcastle objected to it yet there's no mention of them being unfairly treated? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Dave said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's mad how quick it's going up the stadium.

Are you sceptical about it? Like a builder throwing up a nice fancy facade while skipping the slow unseen stuff. That's my take on it, looks like it's been built backwards to fool someone into throwing money at them.

22 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

They must be one of the least interesting clubs in English football. Nothing going for them that's of interest to anyone else. 

It was only last season that most Premier League fans took any notice of them, and mostly they decided they're a shower of horrible cunts.

An ironic thing that they tend to overlook when they slag Liverpool off for running down the area of Anfield is that their club has helped run down the ares around their stadium.

Country Road is a shithole and will die on its arse if they do move to the new stadium. 

They've spent the last 25 years looking to leave the area and let it go to pot. At least Liverpool have spent quite a lot of money on the park area and helped the Isla Gladstone conservatory keep going by having LFC hospitality there. Liverpool have also contributed towards the roads surrounding the stadium.

Everton have spent absolutely nothing on their local area and have let their stadium fall apart because they've had 3 failed stadium moves. They also pulled out of the Kirkby project as they weren't willing to pay £85m towards a stadium that Tesco were willing to co-finance. Then Kirkby had to wait another 20 years before seeing any type of investment in their town centre.

• Upvote 3