You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I had an interestingish arguement with an Arsenal fan on facebook. I had a hop off them and there continued ability to collapse towards the end of every season and asked when would they start to blame Wenger. The reply was a steadfast refusal to blame wenger and just blame the players. She even went as far as to say I was trying to take attention off Liverpool??? I pointed out I was well aware ahow bad our season had been and that I wanted them to beat Man Utd to the title, but there was no moving her, and now she's gone.

Quite amazing how they are willing to bury their heads in the sand on this.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal fans down here are starting to turn on him,his refusal to spend on a keeper,centre half and midfielder are pissing them off.

They have no bottle at all,Van Persie and Fabregas are supposed to be world class but niether turn on in the biggest games on a regular basis.

I was thinking the same thing while watching their second half against WBA today. Classic Arsenal Jekyll-and-Hyde, they play some smooth stuff here and there and score a truly class goal through Arshavin but their central midfield and defense is pure comedy any time the ball comes back the other way. West Brom's second goal would have been embarassing for a schoolboy team, never mind a top-flight side supposedly challenging for honours.

The fact that Wenger has had complete control of affairs there for however long, and they still crumble against aimless long balls from nowhere, it does amaze me that he doesn't come in for more criticism. Surely an important part of a Premiership manager's job is putting together four men and a goalkeeper who could maybe keep a Short Bus Select XI out for the odd ninety minutes.

I had an interestingish arguement with an Arsenal fan on facebook. I had a hop off them and there continued ability to collapse towards the end of every season and asked when would they start to blame Wenger. The reply was a steadfast refusal to blame wenger and just blame the players. She even went as far as to say I was trying to take attention off Liverpool??? I pointed out I was well aware ahow bad our season had been and that I wanted them to beat Man Utd to the title, but there was no moving her, and now she's gone.

Quite amazing how they are willing to bury their heads in the sand on this.

Stopped taking it serious after that. :whistle:

He'll be back in for Reina this summer. No doubt.

I think there's a strong possibility Reina will move on this summer, but that would be a wretched career move.

Wenger has gone from being the architect to much of their glory to being Arsenal's biggest obstacle to success. Whatever he once had, he's completely lost it and he grows more paranoid and isolated by the week.

Them being in second place at this stage of the season says a lot more about Chelsea's collapse and Mancini making a mess of the Citeh job than anything else.

Stopped taking it serious after that. :whistle:

Now now. It's a brave new world where birds know a small bit about footy. to be fair, she's come back now and said she knows there are issues. Still wants wenger to stay though. I may suggest they shoudl go for Big Sam

I find the fact they've been in the hunt for 4 trophies for 7 months, and lost them all in the space of 3 weeks extremely amusing.

Wenger is a selectively blind, stubborn, obtuse, arrogant, bitter, self-righteous cunt- everyone knows their weaknesses but he flatly refuses to correct them, despite having the resources to do so. That is unacceptable for me, and if i was an Arsenal fan- i too would be asking serious questions of his management ability.

Next time out;

Arsenal v Blackburn

West Ham v Mancs

They need to gain there and it's level again.

The Liverpool team that lost at Boro and went 10 points behind 'them' looked just as bad.

Form can change, and the Mancs will certainly have one eye on the CL. Running out of centre halves as well.

To be honest just thinking about it all makes me feel grubby.