You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RedEagle

It can't be an opinion when we are 1 point off third place. Ergo we are in the race.

I see what you are saying. Albeit very literal and rather pedantic.

He clearly sees us nowhere near fourth come May. Mathmatically we'll be 'in the race' all the way I'd say, but that will be no comfort to me if we are hoping that Spuds or Arse lose their last five games and we have to win all ours.

Devil's advocate aside, I think we'll finish fourth myself. But to each their own.

I see what you are saying. Albeit very literal and rather pedantic.

He clearly sees us nowhere near fourth come May. Mathmatically we'll be 'in the race' all the way I'd say, but that will be no comfort to me if we are hoping that Spuds or Arse lose their last five games and we have to win all ours.

Devil's advocate aside, I think we'll finish fourth myself. But to each their own.

Generally though, opinions are based on some kinda facts rather than preconceptions. I think that is the problem many have with the statement of us not being near the top 4. Points picked up by all sides involved, for example, since the turn of the year and from the start of the season state we'll be, at least, in the running.

Generally though, opinions are based on some kinda facts rather than preconceptions. I think that is the problem many have with the statement of us not being near the top 4. Points picked up by all sides involved, for example, since the turn of the year and from the start of the season state we'll be, at least, in the running.

Opinions, by their very nature, are subjective and can be based on hunches and feelings rather than cold hard stats. Samuel has obviously looked at Liverpool over the past 10 or so games and thinks we're not up to it. He's wrong in my view but that's his prerogative.

Right, I'm done defending Samuel's right to an opinion. I never read anything he writes and couldn't give a shit about him one way or another.

First time ive seen samuel on tv and thought he came across as a patronizing twat to be honest and i never read his articles cause there wank.

None of the panel on sunday supplement thought we would be in the top4, But hey there entitled to their opinion and it makes it all the more rewarding when we prove them wrong.

How would you know his articles are wank if you've never read them?

I have read his articles and they are wank.

One of the most biased cunts out there. Patronizing bullshit he came up with when we sacked Hodgson was unbearable. Upped the ante against us when Ian Ayre said that we should sell our own T.V rights. According to him Liverpool as a club has lost its cherished values and the fans are responsible for the demise of the club.

Fuck off Samuel ya fat cunt!!

Anyone else just been watching?

According to Bluto and some other hack we arent anywhere near the race for top 4 and Spurs will finish 3rd. Stoke could also break the top 4 if they get knocked out of Europe.

Its so funny that programme its unbelieveable.

They are idiots....They said few weeks ago Stoke is gonna finish ahead of Arsenal because we had poor start. None of them seem to notice Stoke away from home is completely different team. They have 16 losses and 4 draws from their last 24 away games in the league. I really dont understand this stoke praise. they are an awkward team who are very defensive and good on set pieces. How can anyone with any football knowledge think they can sustain top 4 performance for a whole season

Guest SpiderLucas

Paul Smith is a complete bellend. "Terry might have said a racist word but he isn’t a racist” what aloud of bulshit. If you have those sorts of words in your vocabulary then you’re racist.

If a white person pisses me off I don’t call him a “white prick” I’d just call him a prick. You can’t just blurt out racist words in the spur of the moment.

I have read his articles and they are wank.

One of the most biased cunts out there. Patronizing bullshit he came up with when we sacked Hodgson was unbearable. Upped the ante against us when Ian Ayre said that we should sell our own T.V rights. According to him Liverpool as a club has lost its cherished values and the fans are responsible for the demise of the club.

Fuck off Samuel ya fat cunt!!

And yet when a union was formed to try and rescue some of those values he shat all over it and was forced to make what was probably the most petty, snide 'apology' in newspaper history.

Grotesque little pipsqueak.

who gives a fcuk what he says, look at him!

seriously though people it´s going to be a fight to get top four and we are by no means guaranteed.

if spurs manage to keep a few key players fit they´ll be right up there, i havent watched arsenal recently so cant judge them but they were always going to find form at some point over the season.

it´s gonna be tight as and the head to heads are going to be very important providing we get our act together in fornt of goal.

I enjoy the Sunday Supplement.

Journos can only ever print a fraction of what they know, so trying to pick out the difference between opinion which is just a fans view and that which is based upon priveleged knowledge is always interesting.

A league season is a marathon, and one which invariably rewards the best resourced. Man U and Arsenal have the stadium revebues, City and Chelsea the ownership bankrolling. Not only do we have to improve - but we have to improve more than our competitors.

Spurs, clearly are the team best equipped with us to tackle the four,like us, that campaign is likely to be defined by the fitness of their best players.

I never subscribed to the "concentrate on the league" theory about Euro absence. as a club we are poorer for not having it.

As a club we have owners with barely a years football experience, and Kenny as well as not been back for a full year yet. It will take time to get back into, and consolidate a place in the top four. Ithink we can do it, and hope we can, meantime its good to just be enjoying supporting the club again.