You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny handing sky their arse yet again

bonesman

Martin Skrtel has joked about transfer speculation linking him away from Liverpool.A Sky Sports News reporter quizzed Skrtel on his plans for the future and links with a move away from the club - at which point manager Kenny Dalglish intervened by telling the questioner: "Behave yourself."You've been linked to the BBC! There is a difference between a link and a fact."The question was then re-phrased to whether Skrtel sees himself as having a big future in L4."Of course," he replied.

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/football/news/article/-/8900400/liverpool-boss-dalglish-tells-reporter-to-behave-over-skrtel-transfer-talk/

Was reading the above article, it made me laugh, you cant fuck with Kenny, the sooner everyone gets it the better it'll be for them, anyway I wanted to see it for myself cos the link is from tribal football ha, the bastion off truth it is, an I found this on You tube..

9I2fdX6PB20

Guest davelfc

It's what we have needed for a long time, he really is Shankly and Paisley combined with of course a good portion of Dalglish.

Wouldn't surprise me if most of those hacks were on prozac now. They've had it far too easy for too many years from his club. They're getting it back now and will continue to for as long as the king reigns.

Of course the best part is he hands them their arse in front of everyone and they say 'thank you'

You just know that kenny loves been back in charge. He still has that old 1980s attitude to the press. He doesn’t pander to them like every other younger manager does as they have been brought up in such a media age. Kenny, and (I’m sorry to mention him) Ferguson, and managers of their age will happily just tell a hack to piss off with such stupid questions, while the younger manager will try and answer dumb questions in as pleasant a way as possible. It’s great.

Guest davelfc
You just know that kenny loves been back in charge. He still has that old 1980s attitude to the press. He doesn’t pander to them like every other younger manager does as they have been brought up in such a media age. Kenny, and (I’m sorry to mention him) Ferguson, and managers of their age will happily just tell a hack to piss off with such stupid questions, while the younger manager will try and answer dumb questions in as pleasant a way as possible. It’s great.

You're forgetting someone there, not that I want to remember him either.

Paasing Melwood one day I saw Vinny O'Connor getting out of his car. As I approached he was joined by a cameraman. They were scouting for 'vox pops' on the then Premier League champions chase between Chelsea and United.

As I passed O'Connor asked me if I'd like to go on camera and state who my preference for the league would be and why. Not being a media whore I declined. Then I asked him how he, as an Evertonian, felt having to loiter outside Liverpool's training ground all day. O'Connor looked surprised. "How do you know that I'm a Blue?" he asked. I then pointed out that his car had cushions bearing the Everton crest in the back seat. "They are a bit of a giveaway", he sighed. I said something sarcastic about Sky and Everton attracting only the sharpest people and continued on my journey to The Crown.

Kenny will play with him like a cat would with a dead mouse.

It's what we have needed for a long time, he really is Shankly and Paisley combined with of course a good portion of Dalglish.

Hope you don't think this is me having a go Dave, because I am not, but I disagree with this.

He is Kenny! A legend of his own making.

It isn't so much that he dislikes Sky (I think that is obvious) other managers have (he who must not be named for one), but the media know he is untouchable in our eyes and they are fucking terrified of him. They cannot drive a wedge between us.

I don't think it's a case of Kenny disliking Vinny O'Connor. He just doesn't suffer fools and any wet, trashy question will get batted in to the stratosphere. He's made a few humorous comments to him over the past few weeks, but I think they're made more in a piss taking manner than a 'you're a cunt' manner.

You'd think they'd at least be prepared for a Dalglish savaging. Or been briefed to expect one if you act the cunt. It's not like Kenny's approach to the media is any kind of secret.

I do hope it enters the journalistic lexicon.

"How did the interview go?"

"Oh, it was fucking terrible. I got totally Dalglished."

"That bad?"

Wouldn't surprise me if most of those hacks were on prozac now. They've had it far too easy for too many years from his club. They're getting it back now and will continue to for as long as the king reigns.

Of course the best part is he hands them their arse in front of everyone and they say 'thank you'

This is the kind of crap that passes for informed comment these days.

Yes Kenny's comments are enjoyable but please just fucking stop there.

The key test for Kenny comes on the pitch (doing well so far but a long way to go) and in the transfer market (unproven yet but we remain hopeful for our two new signings).

It really annoys me the weight that people give to media-handling ability or any media comments - they serve little purpose except to make emotionally fragile idiots feel good about themselves for a while until the next bad result to which they then completely overreact.

The comparison with Paisley is just laughable.

Get a grip on your emotions son and focus on reality.

The key test for Kenny comes on the pitch (doing well so far but a long way to go) and in the transfer market (unproven yet but we remain hopeful for our two new signings).

It really annoys me the weight that people give to media-handling ability or any media comments - they serve little purpose except to make emotionally fragile idiots feel good about themselves for a while until the next bad result to which they then completely overreact.

You do know that Kenny's managed us before? He has won a few things for Liverpool in his time? I think you can certainly talk about Kenny in the same breath as Paisley for many reasons, including the fact that he's possibly the greatest player to ever wear the shirt.

So I think I little bit of fawning and adulation is pretty understandable. Yes, he's only been back 2 minutes, but come on, this is Kenny Dalglish we're talking about here, not some fucking nobody.

I think the journos like Kenny because he will always speak his mind and adds a bit of humour to the proceedings,although some dont get it.

But they obviously are wary as he wont let himself or the club be taken the piss out of.

And he doesnt spit his dummy out like a big fucking baby like a certain tosspot down the East Lancs does.

Laughable. I doubt you could be more wrong even if you tried.

Kenny and Ferguson don't take any shit from the media, but Kenny responds with wit and humour.

Guest davelfc

I think you've read my comments wrong or possibly I've not made myself clear. We are talking about the way Kenny handles the media, in that way I do believe he is very much like Paisley and Shankly in his approach, but of course more Dalglish.

That he was schooled by Paisley during his term as manager certainly shows in his approach to the media now and his rigidly sticking to the Liverpool way.

Get a grip on your brain and try to focus on the topic we are talking about son.

Kenny and Ferguson don't take any shit from the media, but Kenny responds with wit and humour.

.....whereas Ferguson simply bans or boycotts them (e.g. the spineless BBC), - and somehow gets away with it in direct conflict with contractual commitments