You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Giggs or Overmars in their prime?

Section_31

Best on the left?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Best on the left?

As above Giggs has longevity but not many players full stop can compete with how long he has maintained his level, he has a had injuries but he was in luck as to the fact that Ferguson handled him well when he was young and knew how to keep him going, whereas Overmars had different mangers and so on, at Ajax he was amazing but as I say at his peak was better for me, I'd say Giggs seems to have been better at the end and beginning of his career, seemed to pick up loads of trophies in between but apart from the odd moments, as in the Arsenal FA cup goal his middling years seemed not to do a whole lot for like 4/5 years but still got his medals, cos of the likes of Beckham/Scholes/Sheringham/Solsjear/Yorke/Cole he seemed to not have to do much but give them the balla nd stand out wide on the left.

Overmars everytime for me. Faster and better goal scorer.

Good question. Giggs for me always.

I really rate and respect this player. Great work ethic and skills to match. Plays footy the right way.

He also refs every game he plays in too.

I used to respect him - a one-club man who has been an excellent player for over a decade at the highest level.

Now, every time I see his gaunt, dirty, contorted face haranguing the referee, I want his career to finish. His constant moaning and goading is indicative of his realisation that it's very nearly over. Good.

He still gets my vote, but Stevie Heighway was also better.

• 12 years later...