You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Bolton themselves 'leaking' the information.

They need to sell Cahill this summer otherwise running the risk of a pre-agreement bring signed on January 1st and him leaving on a free next summer.

Gartside has said this will not be allowed to happen.

Falcao is a fantastic striker, this is a great signing for Atletico. Overall he's not as good a player as Aguero but I reckon he can give Atletico just as much if not more. The man was born to score goals, with his right foot, left foot, head or arse. His numbers at Porto are beyond belief.

Another, hopefully final nail in the coffin of the argument that suggests no top player will move to a club not in the CL.

Err... Atletico is a step up from Porto in terms of international recognition, he's on much higher wages, and NO CLUB FROM THE CL WAS IN FOR HIM...

From SSN:

Liverpool youngster Dani Pacheco looks poised to join Spanish outfit Rayo Vallecano on a season-long loan.

Sources close to the Primera Liga outfit claim a deal is almost done and that the promising forward will return to his homeland on a deal that will run until June 2012.

It is claimed that the 20-year-old will arrive in Madrid for a medical on Monday and to complete the relevant paperwork.

A number of clubs are reported to have contacted Liverpool this summer regarding a possible transfer, with permanent and short-term agreements discussed.

Pacheco, though, has had the final say in where he ends up, with it important for him to get games.

He believes he will get the opportunities he craves at Rayo Vallecano and considers them to be the best choice for his career.

Err... Atletico is a step up from Porto in terms of international recognition, he's on much higher wages, and NO CLUB FROM THE CL WAS IN FOR HIM...

Liverpool is also a step up from most clubs in the world in terms of international recognition, we can also offer high wages, and no club from the CL is in for many top class foreign players.

I'm not whining here, just making a point. It's been hammered down our throats virtually all summer long that top players simply do not move to clubs that are not in the CL and this is the reason we are going for "solid Premier League players" only.

During the summer this has proven wrong again and again.

It's been pretty conclusively proven that this summer's business is the one we wanted all along and not a result of LFC being unattractive to players.

Liverpool is also a step up from most clubs in the world in terms of international recognition, we can also offer high wages, and no club from the CL is in for many top class foreign players.

I'm not whining here, just making a point. It's been hammered down our throats virtually all summer long that top players simply do not move to clubs that are not in the CL and this is the reason we are going for "solid Premier League players" only.

It's been pretty conclusively proven that this summer's business is the one we wanted all along and not a result of LFC being unattractive to players.

No, Atletico have a history of paying players more than Liverpool FC, does... believe it or not.

Torres took a pay cut to join us, and City didn't exactly give Aguero a 'bumper deal'.

Expect Falcao to be on huge money there.

Shut up, please. Every single transfer is different. The fact that Falcao went to Atletico is no precursor for Mata or Hazard moving to LFC. You just can't stop yourself whining and regurgitating the same, tired old shite.

I don't think anybody is under any illusions that the business we have done under Kenny has been anything less than our first choice targets.

Apparently, I've got more idea than you, since you're reckoning that some Barca or Madrid will come snap him up like he's the next big thing.

He'll end up at a club like Getafe, and he'll do ok.

You've just made this up. I've not said it. Unless you think there are only two top clubs in Spain.

Christian Poulsen's agent has revealed Liverpool are willing to let the midfielder leave the club.

The Danish international has found himself out of favour at Liverpool after failing to make an impact since arriving from Juventus last summer.

The summer signings of midfielders Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam have pushed Poulsen further down the pecking order at Anfield and the club are now prepared to offload the 31-year-old.

Poulsen's agent, Jorn Bonnesen, has confirmed the player has been told he will not be playing regularly for Liverpool this season and that he is looking for a new club for the midfielder.

"I've talked with Liverpool now. They have said that they are not confident that they can meet Christian's desire for playing time, and they understand that we are trying to find a new club for Christian," Bonnesen told bold.dk.

"We look about us and explore the options.

"There are clubs interested, but I can not tell more about the possibilities. "

Skysports

What top club then? And what has he shown that would interest a top club anyway?

Could see one of Valencia/Villarreal/Sevilla/Atletico/Malaga having an interest. He won't cost much as we clearly don't rate him. Doesn't mean they'll start him every week, he's only 20.

He's shown plenty for the Spanish youth teams.

Obviously this must be rubbish, but I'm posting it anyway, and I'm crossing a finger or two that the Cahill deal happens alongside it...

Liverpool and Chelsea Set for Shock Swap Deal as Blues Target Midfield Star

Posted on 19 August 2011

Liverpool are reportedly set to propose a remarkable swap deal with Chelsea if the Blues are serious in their pursuit of Raul Meireles.

Chelsea are focussing their efforts this summer on bolstering a midfield that was often left short of creativity and imagination last season and are attempting to recruit Valencia's Juan Mata and Tottenham star Luka Modric.

The Blues have also been linked with Portugal international Meireles, who they believe can add more drive and work-rate to the middle of the park. It is thought manager Andre Villas-Boas is a fan of the 28-year-old having worked with him briefly while both were at Porto.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is keen to trim the size of his midfield following the arrivals of Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing. Despite being recognised as Liverpool's player of the season last year, it is thought Meireles could be sold in order to free up some space and to ease the wage bill.

And according to caughtoffside.com, the Merseyside club will demand striker Daniel Sturridge in return for Meireles if Chelsea firm up their interest with an offer.

England U-21 star Sturridge was in superb form last season whilst on-loan at Bolton. After joining Wanderers in January, the 21-year-old forward bagged eight goals in 12 appearances but still finds himself way down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.

Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba are the obvious first-choice while the presence of Nicolas Anelka, Salomon Kalou and £20m new-boy Romelu Lukaku means Sturridge has dropped further down the list.

Liverpool are keen to bring in another striker as they are short of options behind Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez but whether Sturridge will be willing to swap the bench at Chelsea for Anfield is uncertain.

What is it about Ming? Why doesn't kenny rate him?

I'm not sure that it's Kenny not rating him mate, it's just circumstances. Kenny has brought his own men in, Downing, Adam and Henderson were all firmly his choices and given the age of Raul, the status of his contract and that he has just had a decent season with a few standout performanceds and goals, now would be the prime time to cash in. Meireles is unlikely to command a similar fee and generate as much interest at any other point during the currency of his contract. He is one year into a 4 year deal, he is 29 next Birthday and he scored away at Chelsea in a high profile game, Kenny is probably thinking that for someone who isn't central to my plans that 12-13m is too good to turn down as his value is going to do nothing but fall from here on in.

IF this is Kennys way of thinking then I'd agree with him totally.

Could see one of Valencia/Villarreal/Sevilla/Atletico/Malaga having an interest. He won't cost much as we clearly don't rate him. Doesn't mean they'll start him every week, he's only 20.

He's shown plenty for the Spanish youth teams.

If he does go to a club like that then it'll be as a reserve, imo. He'd be better off going somewhere like Getafe, as others have said, where he is more likely to get a regular game. The lad didn't even show he could cut it at Norwich, never mind here.