You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is Carra back?

It cant be soon enough, can it?

Next game mate, thank god, imagine Skrtel against Kenwyne Jones.

And to answer your earlier question, yes, I do think we missed Lucas, particularly when we were getting dominated in midfield and needed someone to hassle the opponents instead of stand off them like Poulsen does.

we are seriously lacking all throughout the squad,far too many passengers and in key areas...that performance was as bad as anything under Hodgeson,apart from the result obviously.Fulham deserved a point at least,fuck them though,about time we got a bit of luck

Needed Lucas in there to provide the composure.

Would like to see him alongside Raul ideally with Gerrard further forward. No reflection on Raul playing further forward (he's quality there) but find Gerrard's positioning quite erratic.

Decent win today and showed some resolve and a bit of belief to take the points. That'll do!

Next game mate, thank god, imagine Skrtel against Kenwyne Jones.

And to answer your earlier question, yes, I do think we missed Lucas, particularly when we were getting dominated in midfield and needed someone to hassle the opponents instead of stand off them like Poulsen does.

Yes but by not actually doing anything he is statistically better than Lucas because he gives away less fouls, obvious really.

That feels like a loss to me, I know it isn't but just a poor showing by most of the players. Actually, if Torres's goal had counted we probably would have played a lot differently. We haven't grown on our win over Wolves, but we haven't gone backwards either.

We do need significant investment to the squad though.

Feels like a loss? Nurse!

Scrappy stuff but I'm delighted with the three points. That gives us something to build on and hopefully take more confidence into our next game.

Look at those scruffy bastards down the road, they're not playing great but they're unbeaten all season and that gave them the belief to come back from 2 down against Blackpool.

We need a run of wins to give us a bit of confidence and self belief and we'll start playing better.

I'll gladly take the points any way they come right now.

Yes a win is a win. But the performance on our turf against a mediocre team was pathetic. Could we've done better with maybe Cole and Lucas instead of Poulsen and even Gerrard? Who knows. But I suppose it's a learning curve for Kenny too, trying to get his best team. But will those owners stop dithering and buy us players who can make a real difference in this average looking side!