You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackpool away thread

fowler9

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------Reina---------

Kelly--Agger-Soto-Aurelio

---------Lucas---------

Johnson-Cole-Shelvey-Maxi

---------Torres---------

Subs: Jones,Skrtel,Ayala,Meireles,Babel,Ngog,Pacheco.

As someone quiet rightly said, Kuyt was out on his feet early yesterday. l think he desperately needs a rest. Meireles was awful on Sunday,pulled out of far too many challenges and l have to say l was delighted to see him go off. l love The Greek and don't think there is much between himself and Skrtel. Both error prone but Soto is a great motivator, perfect for this game. l like Shelveys drive and if it becomes a battle l'd prefer him to Meireles. l'm not a fan of Cole at all but if we can get him close enough to Torres and he can forget about himself for a few minutes and look to supply Torres he might be ok.

l'll go with a 1-2 away win. Fingers crossed anyway.

[YOUTUBE]dkRDNG93LlM[/YOUTUBE]

IH - 'I'd like to make Blackpool as famous if not more famous than Liverpool, which is actually impossible cos even Fergies not managed that has he?'

Tut tut, Ian, no loan players for you.

Just posted this (a better quality version actually...) on the Holloway thread. I love his honesty. He takes a bunch of arse half the time, but he says what he thinks. He is almost welling up and that comment about Fergie is ace.

I don't think playing Johnson on RW will be the right decision, johnson is a player who can dribble while running at pace and having space opened up ahead of him. If he is to start at right wing, he will be forced to dribble from a standing position, something I dont think he's quite good at. Id start with the same lineup that played against United, but with johnson and Mereiless coming in the side.

And if we are comfortably winning, Id like to see Poulsen given 20 or 15 mins towards the end, to see if The King can get something out of him.

-----------------------Reina-------------------

Kelly--------Skrtel---------------Agger--------Aurelio

---------------Lucas-----Meireles-----------------

Kuyt-----------------Cole---------------------Glo Jo

---------------------Torres------------------------

-----------------------Reina-------------------

Kelly--------Skrtel---------------Agger--------Aurelio

---------------Lucas-----Meireles-----------------

Kuyt-----------------Cole---------------------Glo Jo

---------------------Torres------------------------

Is that going to be the starting 11 ?

Is that going to be the starting 11 ?

I don't have any inside info if that's what you mean. I wouldn't leave kelly out and I'd like to see Glo Jo given a go further forward. Kuyt will probably play and captain the team. I think we need to play 4231 as the defence is so flimsy at the minute, kuyt is better on the right than the left, Glo Jo, although right footed has a decent left foot on him. I suppose cole could play left and kuyt centrally but I don't like dirk in there, his poor touch is exposed. So I'd go for something like this.

----------------------------------------------------

----------------------Reina-------------------------

-----Kelly--------Skrtel--------Agger-----Aurelio----

------------------Lucas-----Meireles----------------

---Johnson--------------------------------Maxi-----

------------------------Cole------------------------

-----------------------Torres-----------------------

Subs: GK, Kyrigiakos, Babel, Kuyt, Ngog, Shelvey, Pacheco.

3 points.

I like it, but I don't know if Cole is injury free, and Johnson is still waiting for his baby, so we might have to shift some players around...

How about Babel for Johnson, so he can challenge on the outside and put crosses in with his right foot and also give Pacheco the nod behind Torres....

My brother in law is a Blackpool season ticket holder, and apparently all the talk there is that Adam has now asked to leave and his preferred destination is Villa. Villa have put in an increased bid for Adam today and are yet to hear back.

Two points, firstly would Adam be a decent signing for about £5m ? Secondly, if this is done and goes through before tomorrow night that's got to benefit us.

I don't care what the team is! We're gonna fucking smash them all over the shop!

Smash her lad!

If we start playing Johnson on the right wing it will be like a new signing in my eyes as i think he will do really well there. And it is a realistic possibility due to the fact that Kelly has done so well at RB that Kenny wont have to compromise and settle for a weaker right back.

We went 4-4-1-1 on Sunday, so while I would prefer a support striker for Torres, I wouldn't say no to the same formation as Sunday.

AGENDA:

League Game 21/38: v Blackpool (a)

KO: 20:00 GMT/Local 12 January

Host Broadcaster: BSKYB

TV/Web: Satellites/Streams

Weather permitting, we have a score to settle against the Orangemen. We don't have to worry about snow this time, but with a deluge of water on the way, a waterlogged pitch. Should go ahead, but it's Blackpool's pitch after all, so prepare for every eventuality.

We went 4-4-1-1 on Sunday, so while I would prefer a support striker for Torres, I wouldn't say no to the same formation as Sunday.

It was more 4-1-4-1 with Lucas as DM and 4 across midfield which worked. I doubt it will be the same as the level of opposition is different i.e more open and more attacking.