You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In fairness, Merson was twice the player Johnson is and he was pissed most of the time.

In fairness Merson was completly overrated and shit. i saw him play a lot as my uncle dragged me to Highbury to "convert" me and Merson disappared a lot during games probably because he was pissed

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I. Glenn Johnson has been a fucking shambles of a player and a man for a bit. If playing for Kenny Dalglish can't motivate and inspire you Glenn, then maybe Twitter and a move back to Portsmouth is best for you and the club.

From now on EVERYBODY should do their talking on the field. Kenny should impose a blanket ban on all social network sites for every player as his first act as Liverpool Manager.

How fucking good does that sound though? 'As Liverpool Manager'.

Except Lucas, cos he's boss.

- We're missing Carra at the moment

- Hodgson's signings have been bad, bar Meireles

- We've a few world class players and should be doing better

- Agreed that Torres "hasn't tried a leg" this season

- Glen Johnson has been awful all season

Cannot see much wrong in that although Merson is bad knobhead

Should players not give interviews or voice their opinions at all?

Because that's all Glen is doing,where or how he chooses to do it is irrelevant,whether he is playing terrible or not is also irrelevant,he's entitled to answer his critics.

He has nothing to slam Merson for, GJ has been shit for us, when he first came he looked great, but he's gone backwards, from what it seems Merson was simply saying this, had GJ played well, no criticism would come his way.

I hate people saying players should get off twitter and improve on a certain aspect of their game. These lads have been training at the highest level now for 10 or more years, Glens a fucking international. Players are allowed have a life outside of football, why don't you lot go into work and do some overtime instead of moaning on here about people living their lives .

He's an international, but in all fairness, who else could play at RB for England? I think Glen could still be a great player, and I hope he does well here, but for anyone to say he hasn't been poor here is having a laugh.

And I do more then enough overtime, don't worry about me fella.

Regardless of whether you agree with Johnson's comments, his actions have sullied the day a bit. It's already up on the Echos site and no doubt will hit the national press in some way. Merson is a tit, we all know that and Johnson obviously knows it. I know everyone has a breaking point, and it's not the first time Merson's slagged him off, but he should of probably risen above it.

Did anybody just see his tweet about Merson?

Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to jugde players, He was average at the best of times, the only reason he's on that show is coz he gambled all his money away. The clown"

Quality, well said.

Well in. Paul Merson is a fucking degenerate!

What a twit! Liverpool's Glen Johnson in astonishing attack on Paul Merson

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 4:42 PM on 8th January 2011

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has launched an outspoken attack on Paul Merson after the former Arsenal midfielder criticised his attitude this season.

Merson, a pundit on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday programme, was discussing the departure of Reds manager Roy Hodgson when he called Johnson's performances into question.

article-1345323-0C0D7D56000005DC-179_224x423.jpgarticle-1345323-046EDA110000044D-46_224x423.jpg

War of words: Glen Johnson (left) and pundit Paul Merson (right)

The England right-back, who trained with the rest of the squad at Melwood this morning ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup third round tie which will see the return of Kenny Dalglish as temporary boss, was obviously watching the programme.

And he chose to respond via his Twitter page.

'Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to judge players, he was average at the best of times,' Johnson wrote.

'The only reason he's on that show is coz he gambled all his money away. The clown!'

A number of people complained that Johnson had brought up Merson's former drug problems and the comments were soon deleted.

Read more: What a twit! Liverpool's Glen Johnson in astonishing attack on Paul Merson | Mail Online

Glen Johnson launches astonishing attack on 'clown' Paul Merson

• Right-back lashes out at pundit on Twitter after criticism

• 'He was average at the best of times,' Johnson claims

guardian.co.uk, Saturday 8 January 2011 16.39 GMT

Glen-Johnson-006.jpg

Glen Johnson attacked Paul Merson on Twitter after the pundit criticised him. Photograph: John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

The Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has launched an outspoken attack on Paul Merson after the former Arsenal midfielder criticised his attitude this season.

Merson, a pundit on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday programme, was discussing the departure of Liverpool's manager Roy Hodgson when he called Johnson's performances into question. The right-back, who trained with the rest of the squad at Melwood this morning ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup third-round tie which will see the return of Kenny Dalglish as temporary manager, was obviously watching the programme. And he chose to respond via his Twitter page.

"Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to judge players, he was average at the best of times," Johnson wrote. "The only reason he's on that show is coz he gambled all his money away. The clown!"

A number of people complained that Johnson had brought up Merson's former drug problems and the comments were soon deleted.

Glen Johnson launches astonishing attack on 'clown' Paul Merson | Football | guardian.co.uk

Was it really a good move by Glen?

Johnson now banging on about the toilet seat thing.. why doesn't he just leave it and concentrate on beating the scum tomorrow..

This one of his latest tweets: How many of you know what happened about the toilet seat story?? Know one because know one has ever heard me talk about it.

The spelling errors are his, just making himself look more thick by the second.

Just don't think the depth of a profesional footballer's tweets is shit like this....

glen_johnson Glen Johnson

Whats happeing people anything interesting?

glen_johnson Glen Johnson

gotta go play footy now

I dont think any footballers have made it onto the list of Nobel Laureates

Johnson now banging on about the toilet seat thing.. why doesn't he just leave it and concentrate on beating the scum tomorrow..

This one of his latest tweets: How many of you know what happened about the toilet seat story?? Know one because know one has ever heard me talk about it.

The spelling errors are his, just making himself look more thick by the second.

Fuckin hell that really is bad.

Heres the full story:

How many of you actually know what happened about the toilet seat story??? Know one beacause know one has ever heard me talk about it.

I went bbq with a mate who bought a bathroom set but it didn't have a slow close toilet seat so he changed it over then we went to paid...

We didn't know this toilet seat was £3 more expensive until the guy said, so we offered to pay the difference. But the guy was like u...

Have been caught trying to shop lift etc. We bust out laughing expecting Jeremy Beadle to jump up from behind the till. The guy...

was buzzin to make a scene and called the police. That's the story. What sort of thiefs go thru the checkout to pay haha come on.

The guy just wanted 5 mins of fame and that's it.