You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson Mega Thread: The Sequel

Dicko

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone want to let Hodgson form the team/squad in his own picture.

He had them all for himself for 14 days before the Wolves game where he could drill formations and optimalize his set up to get the best out of it and look what happened there.

Thanks but no thanks Roy, its bad enough as it is right now.

The Liverpool text message rumour mill is in overdrive, but I've just had a text, as have other friends, saying he's gone on Thursday after the Blackburn game, irrespective of the result.

States it's from a good source, but doesn't elucidate who it is. Make off that what you will, but here's hoping!

Why wait till Thursday ? What would there be to gain from waiting ?

Why would anyone want to let Hodgson form the team/squad in his own picture.

He had them all for himself for 14 days before the Wolves game where he could drill formations and optimalize his set up to get the best out of it and look what happened there.

Thanks but no thanks Roy, its bad enough as it is right now.

Exactly as I see it. Why piss cash down the drain when Royball is not what will get you to compete for the big prizes let alone win them. The sooner this tired old shire horse is sent to knackers yard the better.

Why wait till Thursday ? What would there be to gain from waiting ?

Its all guess work at present. If we had someone lined up we could do it now or if we expect to have the contractual stuff sewn up over the next couple of days then we could be looking at later in the week. Bizarre all the same because if he is going to get the sack why not let Sammy take the game against Blackburn? I doubt the performance level would be any different to what we have seen so far away from home. Maybe that Sammy is for the chop as well so we have no clear leadership of any description for Wednesday and hence the drip fed stuff in the press.

The Liverpool text message rumour mill is in overdrive, but I've just had a text, as have other friends, saying he's gone on Thursday after the Blackburn game, irrespective of the result.

States it's from a good source, but doesn't elucidate who it is. Make off that what you will, but here's hoping!

I never get texts like that!!! I need to get to know some people :wow:

We can hope though that, that is true about Roy. his comments about wanting more time however sound like a man very much knowing he is falling and is about to hit the ground soon.......I hope.

Its all guess work at present. If we had someone lined up we could do it now or if we expect to have the contractual stuff sewn up over the next couple of days then we could be looking at later in the week. Bizarre all the same because if he is going to get the sack why not let Sammy take the game against Blackburn? I doubt the performance level would be any different to what we have seen so far away from home. Maybe that Sammy is for the chop as well so we have no clear leadership of any description for Wednesday and hence the drip fed stuff in the press.
This is the text message Nelly_Torres posted in the other thread.

he's getting sacked Thursday after the Blackburn game, irrespective of the result. Dalglish interim until end of season.

If there's any truth to it then there's no need to wait.

“So I’ve got to hope that the ones who just seem to keep going, the Duracell bunnies — the Dirk Kuyts and the Lucas Leivas of this world — can keep us going and give me a chance of giving a rest to the others.

God forbid Kuyt ever get judged on his form, rather than how long he can (appear to) run on the spot without tiring.

he's getting sacked Thursday after the Blackburn game' date=' irrespective of the result. Dalglish interim until end of season.[/b']

It weird why they would wait but an einch said, could be a good explanation for it either that or they expect us to lose to Blackburn?!?!

It's unlikely something like that text is true but we can sometimes hope. Even papers have said they don't know when it's going to happen or even if it will be a result if a loss in a game, we just know it will.

he's getting sacked Thursday after the Blackburn game' date=' irrespective of the result. Dalglish interim until end of season.[/b']

Wtf? As you say "why wait". There is no reason to hold off if this is true and as such I would put this text into made-up category.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Football

ROY HODGSON has pleaded with the owners at Liverpool to back him in the transfer window in a bid to shore up his faltering reign.

Liverpool boss Hodgson said he hopes he will have the chance to “stamp his authority” on his squad after saying he had largely been working with the players he inherited from Rafa Benitez.

Hodgson’s call came after the 2-1 win against Bolton on Saturday and would seem likely to fall on deaf ears, with the club’s owners, the Fenway Sports Group, having decided he is not the man to lead Liverpool forward long-term.

Liverpool travel to Blackburn tomorrow with Hodgson on the brink of the sack, but the Anfield manager believes fresh faces would give the club a boost.

I remember saying at the start of the season that we will do very well if we get into the top half of the table by 19 games, because by then we’ll have got a bit of discipline and organisation in our game and the philosophy I’m preaching will be better understood,” said Hodgson.

“I’m also hoping that I will get a chance one day to stamp a little bit more of my authority and philosophy on the team by choosing more of the players.

“It’s not often mentioned, but I’ve not been that active in the transfer market here.”

Hodgson spent about £25m in the summer on Raul Meireles, Christian Poulsen, Paul Konchesky and Brad Jones. Joe Cole was recruited on a free transfer in a deal that was set up before Hodgson’s arrival.

It is unlikely, however, that Hodgson will be at the forefront of any dealings, with Liverpool director of football strategy Damien Comolli having lined up a move for Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux in a cut-price deal.

Now I could be wrong but in do not remember him saying the bit in bold at the start if the season to us. All that sticks out in my head is judge me after ten games and few other bits amongst them lines. I could be really wrong though.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Football

ROY HODGSON has pleaded with the owners at Liverpool to back him in the transfer window in a bid to shore up his faltering reign.

Liverpool boss Hodgson said he hopes he will have the chance to “stamp his authority” on his squad after saying he had largely been working with the players he inherited from Rafa Benitez.

Hodgson’s call came after the 2-1 win against Bolton on Saturday and would seem likely to fall on deaf ears, with the club’s owners, the Fenway Sports Group, having decided he is not the man to lead Liverpool forward long-term.

Liverpool travel to Blackburn tomorrow with Hodgson on the brink of the sack, but the Anfield manager believes fresh faces would give the club a boost.

I remember saying at the start of the season that we will do very well if we get into the top half of the table by 19 games, because by then we’ll have got a bit of discipline and organisation in our game and the philosophy I’m preaching will be better understood,” said Hodgson.

“I’m also hoping that I will get a chance one day to stamp a little bit more of my authority and philosophy on the team by choosing more of the players.

“It’s not often mentioned, but I’ve not been that active in the transfer market here.”

Hodgson spent about £25m in the summer on Raul Meireles, Christian Poulsen, Paul Konchesky and Brad Jones. Joe Cole was recruited on a free transfer in a deal that was set up before Hodgson’s arrival.

It is unlikely, however, that Hodgson will be at the forefront of any dealings, with Liverpool director of football strategy Damien Comolli having lined up a move for Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux in a cut-price deal.

Now I could be wrong but in do not remember him saying the bit in bold at the start if the season to us. All that sticks out in my head is judge me after ten games and few other bits amongst them lines. I could be really wrong though.

Yeah Roy, taking a team where 7th place was a full-blown crisis into the top half is doing very well indeed.

Just fuck off you blithering idiot!

i don't think he ever said that

even if he did and if that was the best he thought he could do with this team, he should never have taken this job

you have to wonder what the interview was like with purslow

i don't think he ever said that

even if he did and if that was the best he thought he could do with this team, he should never have taken this job

you have to wonder what the interview was like with purslow

Very true, they said he was the standout guy as well. Already said before by many but broughton and purslow where for the brains outside of footballing matters not manager decisions....it all went a bit wrong there.Roy has definitely got more and more stressed with this job, his comments become more cryptic and contradictorary by the day and now it's getting worse because he is u turning on so many thingshe has said so often now that we are all picking up on it now. I wonder if he thinks that he should have stayed at fulham.

"I remember saying at the start of the season that we will do very well if we get into the top half of the table by 19 games, because by then we’ll have got a bit of discipline and organisation in our game and the philosophy I’m preaching will be better understood.”

Did you?

Martin Broughton must have been amazed when you did, seeing as that was the polar opposite of what you actually said to him to get the job.

I'm not sure if sacking Hodgson before the United game is such a good idea. Perhaps it gives the squad a massive boost but it could also throw the squad into turmoil. The new manager wouldn't have the time to set up a gameplan in time for the match on Saturday so we would be forced into the Hodgson tactical plan. I think after the United game would be a perfect time to put in a new manager. He would still have 2 games the next week but Blackpool Away shouldn't be a difficult tactical test and Everton at Anfield is more about getting your players up for the occassion.