You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rebecca Ferguson

kop77

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITT: people pretending they don't know what the X Factor is despite it dominating media for the past 6 months in an attempt to look cool

I don't watch the X Factor and until this thread (which I am, if I may say so, most disappointed with because I was expecting tits or at least lingerie) I wouldn't have known who she is. The only people I'd know were on it is that Cher girl and the eccentric looking bloke, because every time I go to buy a proper newspaper they're on the front of the red tops.

Guest davelfc
ITT: people pretending they don't know what the X Factor is despite it dominating media for the past 6 months in an attempt to look cool

I know what the x factor is, do I watch it, no. That doesn't make me cool to my kids but it means I've more than one working brain cell.

I didn't have a clue who this girl was before this thread, I cannot undo that now. :telloff:

I don't watch the X Factor and until this thread (which I am, if I may say so, most disappointed with because I was expecting tits or at least lingerie) I wouldn't have known who she is. The only people I'd know were on it is that Cher girl and the eccentric looking bloke, because every time I go to buy a proper newspaper they're on the front of the red tops.

Oh, I recognise the name Cher to do with X Factor, but only know about Wagner through WagBo on TV Burp and a conversation with a mate.

Like you I don't go near it or I don't even really bother with the redtops either. I honestly didn't have a clue who she was.

I had a suspicion it might be Sexpest-factor or Britain's got a shower of cunts, however I was so astonished that someone would actively choose to promote voting for some attention seeking cunt on one of those odious fartwagon of a TV show, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Like RJ I have never heard the name before.

The opening post is now negged, obviously.

Me neither, but once in the newsagents.....

Thing is the X Factor, strictly, got talent, ice dancing, get me out of here etc all seems to blend into one. So I don't differentiate between them; and also would recognise half the 'Celebs' on them.

Also in our newsagents the way she stacks the papers means you only get to glance at them for a few secs as go to leave and enter; and I have also since the election acquired the bad habit reading the Daily Mail and Express headlines. So I quite often miss the redtops.

I watched it last night, i wouldn't of known her by name, other then the scouse girl. Wagner - yep and Cher - yep, mainly thanks to face ache and the amount of slagging of they got.

Anyway, last night she sang Amazing Grace, a song that seems go go with funerals for those i've loved and lost. I bawled my eyes out.

Putting the phone number up for The X Factor and then getting a cob on when someone disagrees with the initial assessment, bad enough. It's hideous television and the sooner someone whacks Simon Cowell, the better. Anything associated with this man should be steadfastly avoided.

I hope she wins, she's talented and she seems like a nice girl, but I'll be damned if I'm going to put a penny in Cowell's pocket. The extent to which the man screws the British public with that show is quite breathtaking, even texts to the after-show 'discussion show' cost a fortune, and the guest acts are mostly on his label, even the adverts in the break are often for his bands or for films with soundtracks by his bands - no doubt part of his deal. It's unbelievable. He's one of a handful of people in Britain who's had a huge, disproportionately negative effect on British society and should probably be liquidated.

I hope she wins, she's talented and she seems like a nice girl, but I'll be damned if I'm going to put a penny in Cowell's pocket. The extent to which the man screws the British public with that show is quite breathtaking, even texts to the after-show 'discussion show' cost a fortune, and the guest acts are mostly on his label, even the adverts in the break are often for his bands or for films with soundtracks by his bands - no doubt part of his deal. It's unbelievable. He's one of a handful of people in Britain who's had a huge, disproportionately negative effect on British society and should probably be liquidated.

Agree completely with you Section. Cowell is a totally damaging man in more ways than one and I'll be fucked if I'm going to give him any money.

The missus loves this Rebecca girl so had a nosey at her songs and she's got a stonking voice. Hope she wins it, but ultimately unless she has real strength and staying power she'll be doomed to become a Cowell puppet, ready to be discarded when he likes. Or when she gets a punch to the head at Waterstones.