You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Maybe it just me but is Kenny really our answer?

Guest simon

I love the guy and know everyone else does. But hearing his name getting chanted every game because fans want him to take over is rediculous. Now he has been out of the game along time The game has changed allot its more money in it for the start you may think this dont matter but it does. Football isnt as strict as it used to be. And the last thing we need is a manager that has been out of management for so long. So if he did take over and it went worse would fans turn on Kenny? I maen the stuff i see about Roy is sick. I personal think hes a manager that needs time i was expecting good things from him. See no manager gets that any more. People forget how far the best managers in the world have come. The very best about is as much as i hate to say it Sir Alex Fergusun he took 6 seasons to win one thing look at him now well not at this very moment but you get what i mean im not saying give roy time because its not possibly with the position we re in but Fans singing for Kenny. It might just happen Our new owners know fuck all about football at the moment their main concern is pleasing the fans. If they see iall this singing for Kenny they may just do it. Now this season of all we do not want someone we are not sure still has it in charge we need someone we know will make a difference maybe kenny should look else where for a bit maybe another club just to get some exp under his belt again. He shouldnt have trouble finding a job with his CV. All im saying is fans need to be careful about what they wish for.

For me the main reason for wanting hodgson out is the FACT he doesn't have a clue about what he is doing at this club. it's all well and good saying give him time but sitting there and watching him single handedly destroying every aspect of this football club, what it stands for is soul destroying.

Name one thing Just one thing that he has shown in any aspect of his time here that can demonstrate he is worth persevering with just one.

Unlike in the summer, when people genuinely wanted him, I can't help but feel that the chants are more about getting Roy out than Kenny in. Everyone would love to see Kenny back and firing and he should be the caretaker if we go down that route, but unlike in the summer, the talk on the terrace changes on the message boards. On here Kenny is rarely mentioned in that context.

What the board needs to do now is identify some competent candidates and select the best man available for the job. With new owners we should have a better chance of managing this now than last time around. Whether that's Kenny or not, who knows?

Personally I want a manager with a proven pedigree at the the highest level and a reputation for playing decent attacking football. Which is basically what every football fan in the world wants, so it tells you something about the "hit rate" of such an appointment.

Guest PurpleNose

Overachieving with this squad would be winning the league.

Finishing between 3rd and 5th, winning maybe the Europa League or FA Cup, whilst playing a style of football that involves midfielders, should be the current expectation.

The squad wasn't the 7th best last year, it was better than that, thats why the manager was fired.

Only complete bafoons who live in the past chant for Kenny. What is most baffling is that if they really respected the guy the wouldn't wish the job on him, to not realise the consequence of him not over achieving with an average squad is very blinkered.

Nobodys expecting us to be world beaters mate. We're expecting the team to stop clinging on for dear life at the edge of our own box hoofing it up to nothing. The only way that will happen is to change how Hodgson is setting us up to play. We could sign 11 new players to improve this "Average" squad. Won't matter if we keep playing his way.

Only complete bafoons who live in the past chant for Kenny. What is most baffling is that if they really respected the guy the wouldn't wish the job on him, to not realise the consequence of him not over achieving with an average squad is very blinkered.

You underestimate people. Dalglish has a huge amount of affection, it would not disappear in these circumstances regardless of the results. I'd rather underachieve with him in charge than with Hodgson...

You underestimate people. Dalglish has a huge amount of affection, it would not disappear in these circumstances regardless of the results. I'd rather underachieve with him in charge than with Hodgson...

I would agree with this. It would also eradicate a lot of conceited statements

Guest The Chimp

I'm fed up hearing he needs more time Si. For what exactly? Because his tactics are so revolutionary and genuis-like that it takes over a third of a season for our players to get to grips with? It's not that difficult surely to get to grips with sitting back and inviting pressure on ourselves when there's fuck all pace, width or movement in the team and concomitantly blunting our world-class striker's effectiveness by completely isolating him. In fact we've been great at this for large parts of this season under Roy. Not sure how it gets us many points is all.

Seriously mate, you can't give float the idea of giving this fella more time whilst at the same time questioning Kenny's football knowledge. I'm not even saying I want Kenny here, but he'd be no worse than Roy, I'd stick my neck out on that one. Pass and move would do for me until the end of the season. At least it'd be a start.

Even if we signed Xavi and Iniesta we would still be shit if Roy was in charge. He is shit in all ways. You have to have the ball and control it to win things these days. Kenny understands this and its all about getting the team set up to win the ball and keep it higher up the pitch. We should be forcing the errors from others no the other way around.

Overachieving with this squad would be winning the league.

Finishing between 3rd and 5th, winning maybe the Europa League or FA Cup, whilst playing a style of football that involves midfielders, should be the current expectation.

The squad wasn't the 7th best last year, it was better than that, thats why the manager was fired.

It's amazing people changing the goal posts...especially the media..when we were underchieving last year.

Now its all to do with the squad.

There must be side to Hodgson i dont see i.e the nice affable man

Guest davelfc
Fans would be much better shouting Hodgson out as I said on the other thread they are reallly doing Kenny no favours just making sure the club dont turn to him.

We just don't do that kind of thing do we? I mean I've never experienced that in all my years, although I admit it might have happened and I do not know.

It just feels wrong to shout for a manager to be sacked but then the last three years have been wrong.

Nobodys expecting us to be world beaters mate. We're expecting the team to stop clinging on for dear life at the edge of our own box hoofing it up to nothing. The only way that will happen is to change how Hodgson is setting us up to play. We could sign 11 new players to improve this "Average" squad. Won't matter if we keep playing his way.

What makes you think Kenny could get the team playing any better, he is only one man with his own ideas? Seriously people whinged when we were hoofing the ball clear now people whinge when we try and play from the back. It takes more than a manager to get you playing good football, some people live in a dream world and think if Kenny came in as manager we would all of sudden play like our late 80s team, seriously man get a grip we need to move forward.

Even if we signed Xavi and Iniesta we would still be shit if Roy was in charge. He is shit in all ways. You have to have the ball and control it to win things these days. Kenny understands this and its all about getting the team set up to win the ball and keep it higher up the pitch. We should be forcing the errors from others no the other way around.

This is getting more embarrassing by the minute. They should give you the job you are so tactically astute.

What makes you think Kenny could get the team playing any better, he is only one man with his own ideas? Seriously people whinged when we were hoofing the ball clear now people whinge when we try and play from the back. It takes more than a manager to get you playing good football, some people live in a dream world and think if Kenny came in as manager we would all of sudden play like our late 80s team, seriously man get a grip we need to move forward.

I don't know if Kenny could do any better. I really don't. Whats your opinion. Do you think he would do worse?

Do you want Hodgson to stay?

You say it takes more than managers to play good football. I agree. But you can't employ the tactics we are playing and then solely blame the players for the shit result. I'll repeat nobody is expecting us to turn into world beaters over night but things have to change. Simple as that man.

I don't know if Kenny could do any better. I really don't. Whats your opinion. Do you think he would do worse?

Do you want Hodgson to stay?

You say it takes more than managers to play good football. I agree. But you can't employ the tactics we are playing and then solely blame the players for the shit result. I'll repeat nobody is expecting us to turn into world beaters over night but things have to change. Simple as that man.

I personally don't think Kenny is the answer he would be on a hiding to nothing with nothing to gain.

Weve seen signs in the blackburn and Chelsea games that we can play some good football, it has to be given a chance I can't see any other manager coming in and getting us into top 4 with or squad.

What makes you think he couldn't?

I'm sorry when yesterday were we trying to play it from the back?

It does take more than a manager to get you playing good football i agree. you need a manager who know's what good football is sadly we don't have that at the minute. in fact we don't even have a manager that can play to our strengths.

I personally don't think Kenny is the answer he would be on a hiding to nothing with nothing to gain.

Weve seen signs in the blackburn and Chelsea games that we can play some good football, it has to be given a chance I can't see any other manager coming in and getting us into top 4 with or squad.

a sum total of what 75 minutes out of a season of shite.

Kenny would be the ideal manager for the club at this present time, but I imagine those people questioning his ability only do so because they are under 20 and never actually saw what he was capable of when he was here apart from maybe on a grainy old vhs.

Capable of what, as a player or manager? Thats the point everyone is missing.