You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

High Court Date and Time

bri

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like this isnt going to be settled by friday, so say if Hicks some how manages to pull £280+mill out of his arse, will the RBS have to accept the money from him, or can they decided to take the money from NESV?

LFC have entered into a legal binding contract to sell the club and the owners would have to accept that or pay MESV compensation,

Guest The Chimp

Isn't the Friday malarkey to do with hearing the Liverpool (as opposed to RBS) case? That Grabbo wants that also to be done and dusted by Friday?

I could be talking out of my bum, but it's late here and my nerves are a bit frayed.

Why didnt Grabiner just spell out to the Judge that Broughton was given the power to conduct a sale to the best bidder, and also had the power to have the casting vote on the board. He was given these powers by RBS as a condition of the last loan extension.

Hes been pissing about with stuff about "home team" terminology confernce calls and crap like that.

Should have gone for the relevant, factual, jugular.

There was no case, we have been brought down to Hicks spoiling level and played their game not ours.

Sounds familiar eh?

Its bollocks.

RBS gave Broughton the power as a condition of C+As last loan extension. Thats it, end of.

Three grand please.

Next.

Edited by thompsonsnose

Why didnt Grabiner just spell out to the Judge that Broughton was given the power to conduct a sale to the best bidder, and also had the power to have the casting vote on the board. He was given these powers by RBS as a condition of the last loan extension.

Hes been pissing about with stuff about "home team" terminology confernce calls and crap like that.

Should have gone for the relevant, factual, jugular.

There was no case, we have been brought down to Hicks spoiling level ad played their game not ours.

Its bollocks.

RBS gave Broughton the power as a condition of C+As last loan extension. Thats it, end of.

Three grand please.

Next.

I would have preferred it if he stood up from his desk, leaved through his notes before declaring "Tom Hicks is a lying cunt M'Lord". Then takes his seat.

Say if hicks and gilette win, can NESV go straight to RBS with the money and therefore take control of the club?

Cheers mate.

Not quite that simple they can buy the debt but then they would have to demand the debt and put us into administration and buy the club back off themselves.

So it may as well be RBS who do it and then sell to MESV

Much quicker

To be fair to the judge its not a simple case of rulling on whether Hicks could revoke his legal undertakings its gone into a full blowin case now,

I didnt know that when I posted that.

This is an open and shut case for me and for RBS too, I've seen and been involved in many o and s cases and many times the judge will brick it or screw it up, mostly they brick it, you can call it due process or whatever you want but it's a waste of time, make your judgement mr judge, it's why you are paid, if they don't like it they can appeal or is that too much to ask? Seems it is.

4.27pm: RBS QC: "RBS is a lender that deserves to be repaid £200m on Friday. It is wrong of Hicks and Gillett to try and delay that process."

4.25pm: QC for RBS says bank has been willing to wave "tens of millions of pounds in fees" to see a sale go through. Also dismisses G&H claim that there is no actual 15 October deadline with the Bank as part of their "game".

It's not in RBS' interests to put us in to administration. Under the terms of the NESV deal, they will receive all of their money back. All administration will do is weaken their hand and strengthen that of any potential bidder. It will leave them with a likelihood that they will not receive their full debt. They'll most probably extend it until we hopefuly reach the positive conclusion which the club and RBS want. Only if the judge turns out to be the mong of the century and rules in favour of Hicks and Gillett may we then see the administration card dealt.