You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eating food at the match

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was one game where we scored after about 7 or 8 minutes and I was showered in pastry from the fat pig who sat behind me. Just as well he didn't have a drink with him or I'd have also got soaked.

Urgh. You know he pure spat it out as well. Pastry, phlegm and fatty sweat probably

That would be me being banned from the ground for flipping on someone

Bang on with the hot dogs mind you. Nothing wrong with them per se it's the muppets that instead of leaving the queue and walking around either try and push through the queue or lean across. Just wait and walk around, nobhead.

We used to have a really good spot where we'd stand every week at half time and talk about the game until they put the accessory corner near us. The ketchup, mustard, sugar, milk etc.

Now we get to watch the rabble fight over the last sugar sachet and laugh at the hilarious fart sounds the pump action sauce dispensers make when they're low on product.

I understand the logic "give them their food/drink, then get them away from the counter and make the queue go down" but I'm sick of being asked "is the sauce behind you?" No it isn't mate, just follow the smell of boiled pig rectums

If it's a day match I tend to go the chippy before hand and have curry and chips before I go in.

If it's a night match I tend to go after the game for the same dish.

Funnily enough, you can actually bring a hip flask into the ground as opposed to a bottle of diet coke for example.

Not many people know that.

anyone ever had the misfortune to have a sausageroll at Sheffield Wednesday? fucking awful

and that Chippy outside Anfield (that one with a sign saying they don't accept Scottish money) should be done for fraud cos I'm not sure what they were but they certainly wern't fucking chips, mind it was about 2005 I went in there so might be different now

Maybe they were scottish chips?

Paulie I totally have your back with Tea, mainly because a good cup of tea needs to stew with the bag for a good few minutes before you add the milk, therefore it would be impractical to have a proper cup at a game, and if you're happy with pissweak, milky shite then you dont deserve to be at the game.

Disagree on soup though, if it's in a lidded cup and isn't lumpy or have croutons (and there can not be a spoon involved) it's fine.

A bag of chips is fine too, as long as it's not accompanied with something else (sausage etc), keep it simple and you can hold it together if the team scores.

as for individual sweets, is a few in the pocket okay where a full bag is not?

Why not tea?

If im driving then i can only have a few pints before game to calm me nerves and then a brew when i get in to warm my hands.

I dont like coffee it smells like a history teacher.

If you're driving you can't have 'a few pints' of anything unless it's Vimto mate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If it's a day match I tend to go the chippy before hand and have curry and chips before I go in.

If it's a night match I tend to go after the game for the same dish.

Food before or after the match is my preference. I'm not much of a fan of noshing on a pie when watching the football.

I was on the Kop for the Arsenal game and there was an elderly couple ( and I'm no spring chicken ) sitting in front of me.

All was fine until half time when they produced a large tartan bag of some description, laid a napkin on their knees & proceeded to have a 4-course banquet , starting with soup from a flask , leading to a sandwich & scotch egg each & then 2 individually tin-foiled apple pies. A bottle of water each finished the repast.

I was flabbergasted & asked them whether they had planned to go to the Opera in Hyde Park but used a Binatone sat-nav. They never laughed.

I hate pricks who eat from the cafe at the match. I bet these pricks have missed a few goals over the years trying to beat the queue. If you want something to eat get it before the fuckin game or bring it in with you. KNOBS

Amen to that. Fucking sick of being up and down like a tart's knickers for the last 5 minutes of the first half and the first 5 of the second half, and all because some greedy fucker needs to eat so often that even 90 minutes is too long to go without sustenance.

I was thinking about drinking it in a match scenario and it just didn't sit right with me

Yes because it is a standard sized chocolate bar

What if you have a tea before the match because it's freezing say half an hour before so it's almost gone by the time the players stroll out.

Amen to that. Fucking sick of being up and down like a tart's knickers for the last 5 minutes of the first half and the first 5 of the second half, and all because some greedy fucker needs to eat so often that even 90 minutes is too long to go without sustenance.

This, you know these fuckers wait until they're in the cinema before deciding they want a piss as well.

I'd like to plead the case for sweets like worthers. The old fella who sits next to my dad brings then to matches and hands them out to a few people so it's not all bad.

I've made it my aim this season to sample a bovril at all the PL grounds. Had about 5 last year and City's was the best. It was horrible last week.

After much thought I have decided to write a list of what is and it not acceptable to eat and drink in the ground. I hope you will all take note and follow these guidelines

Acceptable

Food

Pies (savoury only)

Crisps

Chocolate bars (mars, snickers, twix etc standard size)

Mints (except soft mints)

Wine gums

Sports mix

Drinks

Bovril

Coffee

Beer

Water

Bottle/Can of coke you snuck in

Unacceptable

Foods

Hot dogs

Pop corn

King sized chocolate bars

Soup

Bagged chocolate sweets (ie malteaser, revel etc)

Sandwiches/Wraps

Werthers original or any sweet which is individually wrapped

Chippy food

Drinks

Anything in a flask

Tea

Red bull

Thanks for your time. This will help you not be a whopper

Who made you the food police? Fuck off. Let people eat what they want.

I'm not into all the extras offered at football stadia. We're already treated too much like 'customers' anyway.

I remember the quite sophisticated enough three-tier service we used to get: Bovril and tea, pies and pasties, programmes. That's all I ever needed. Mind you, I'm probably out of step since as I'm as old as the fucking hills. And not your Johnny-come-lately hills either - I mean the big, fuck-off, granite ones.