You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

hashimwars

The LMA manager of the year and all round media darling got our worst result at City in 70 odd years with the biggest tactical naivety display ever seen , how can you not love him/want to give him a chance, etc

I still think he'll be gone by xmas but for the sake of the club I hope he succeeds

Spot on.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LMA manager of the year and all round media darling got our worst result at City in 70 odd years with the biggest tactical naivety display ever seen

No it wasn't!

It was naive, but I have seen far worse!

Kenny went to Arsenal, top of league and left out our top goal scorer and played what seemed like 8 left backs.

We lost 3-0!

Coventry 5 Liverpool 1.

I believe you young'uns say "close fucking thread" round about now.

Jesus, the first treble winners lost 4-0 there!

I dont get the relevance mate?

Souness presided over one of the most calamitous reigns of any Liverpool manager post Shankly and was sacked. So its not exactly a good example to put up.

Coventry 5 Liverpool 1.

Remember that game. Christmas time. Recall having a spring in my step beforehand at the prospect of catching a glimpse of our new Norwegian - a lad called Bjornebye.

It didn't go well.

Having said that, drawing comparisons between our current team peformances and horror show drubbings away at Coventry City, was not quite what I was hoping for this early into the new season.

But, seeing as we are down that road, Portsmouth away last season was a tad worse, and Wolves away wasn't very much better.

I am hoping that future games bring points of reference that are a little more on the positive side.

Actually, you can take both Houllier starts - the end of joint management and the start 99/00 - and still not be entirely impressed, to put it mildly.

It was that Chelsea 1-0 when we dug in at home and they had 2 sent off that turned.

Once he got Henchoz and Hyypia together with Hamann in front that you got to see what he was about, after spending Granada's 20m in July.

Think we owe Hodgson a bit longer before whining.

So you think we should wait until at least Friday morning! Fair do's, I think you are being over generous myself, but you know, experience is everything in these situations.

I think St John started on GH at Liverpool 1 Leeds 3 in 1998!

So you won't have broken the hissy fit record.

To be fair St John was very very bitter about his predecessor losing his job.

Thankfully we don't have that problem now...

Fuckin right it was ok.

Fuck you and your tele ok. They took there chances we never, there was fuck all between the teams.

And Pepe is a Spanish clown.

True, but its also to be expected.

He at least has the advantage of being English, and a reputation within the media for being a nice fella. That will prevent him from getting some of the horrible shite Houllier and Benitez got.

Do you not think at least a hint of bitterness is to be expected from some fans?

Especially those who were big fans of the last manager.

I could not disagree more. The people who threw nasty abuse at Rafa will be the first to do so against Hodgson. It's a personality trait in those people.

When the charge goes for Hodgson, I can fucking guarantee the TARTs will be leading it.

Coventry 5 Liverpool 1.

Villa 5 Liverpool 0 1977 - I think just after or just before becoming Champs of Europe, these fuckers havent a clue. Give the manager a chance, you act like fucken evertonians

This thread is seriously bad.

Let's get one thing outta the fuckin' way, the club is fucked off the field. We are slowly being bleed dry. We asked the last manager to win things with one hand behind his back and we are currently asking the current one to. I know football is an emotional game but the game was nearly 48 hours ago and this is still readin' like an awful phone in show.

I ain't comparing us to anyone but I remember Arsenal gettin' a similar, if not worse, beating at Eastlands last season. Around this time of the season as well. But if we can get our home form right and I have no reason to doubt we wont plus pick up a decent enough tally on the road we'll be alright. Whether we get top 4 or not might come down to this week and hopefully the month of January though.

I don't think this constant labelling of people does us any good at all. 'You backed Rafa after shite but wont back Hodgson....', 'Hodgsons tactics was naive compared to Rafas...' None of that matters, seriously. If Hodgson is gonna be a success with us he needs time to do so, but he also needs our full backing.

Lets get behind our lads in Red, behind our manager and lets make it known we are backing them whilst we are fighting the owners. Otherwise we lose sight of things and start making others comparable to the owners.

But if we can get our home form right and I have no reason to doubt we wont plus pick up a decent enough tally on the road we'll be alright.

I have every doubt we'll pick up a decent enough tally on the road. I'm not sure we can get our home form right either.

I guess that makes me a pessimistic cunt.

I have every doubt we'll pick up a decent enough tally on the road. I'm not sure we can get our home form right either.

I guess that makes me a pessimistic cunt.

Suppose that comes down to what you describe as decent enough really. I still think we'll beat last seasons points total and probably finish closer to 70 points than 60.

I know Hodgson was pushed into the system we played the other night but if we adopt a similar system in certain games we've too many good players not to pick up points.

Guest PurpleNose

I could not disagree more. The people who threw nasty abuse at Rafa will be the first to do so against Hodgson. It's a personality trait in those people.

When the charge goes for Hodgson, I can fucking guarantee the TARTs will be leading it.

I'm not convinced.

Those who wanted Rafa out will defend Hodgson until the day he's sacked.

There will obviously be some people who just like getting angry.