You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

No it doesn't. There are plenty of details out there which suggest legitimacy.

Kirdi, on the other hand, is very obviously a 'Portsmouth' style buyer, engineered by Gillett. We WILL get relegated and probably go bust if he and his associates take the helm. That's a simple fact, and I believe it's something Gillett and Hicks would love to see as long as they come away with a few million each.

So they only suggest it? Anything confirming it?

I've said it before, but this whole "substantial backer" thing doesn't sit easy at all and only reminds me of when Gillett brought Hicks on board to give his bid some credibilty. We all fell for it then, too.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way is it a fact, mate?

If he's that bad a purchaser, the board won't entertain a sale and he won't pass the fit and proper owner test (or whatever the replacement for that is called). I don't know much about Kirdi, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Can you shine some light on the situation with him?

As f ar as I'm aware, he is backed by a very rich Saudi family.

He has been wheeled out by Gillett. He is a friend of the family and has no reputation to speak of. It's obvious what's up. Information on Huang isn't hard to find and it's easy to establish that he's a reasonably legitimate figure. Kirdi, well, good luck finding out much that isn't related to Gillett and Liverpool.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He has been wheeled out by Gillett. He is a friend of the family and has no reputation to speak of. It's obvious what's up. Information on Huang isn't hard to find and it's easy to establish that he's a reasonably legitimate figure. Kirdi, well, good luck finding out much that isn't related to Gillett and Liverpool.

So, what you're really saying is that it isn't even close to being a fact, but a hunch?

Guest ShoePiss

Ah so glad I have the warm buzz of a newly discovered beer.

Hopworks Urban Brewery Ace of Spades Imperial IPA, only had a couple of pints but it's quite potent at 9.2%. Picked up a growler while there, I like saying that but it's actually a half gallon bottle you can get from brew pubs.

4575123398_4d5d89b078.jpg

Bike rider friendly, free innertube patches and shite like that and also have a bike that goes around town with a keg on it.

hopworks_bike.jpg

Are we sold yet?

In what way is it a fact, mate?

If he's that bad a purchaser, the board won't entertain a sale and he won't pass the fit and proper owner test (or whatever the replacement for that is called). I don't know much about Kirdi, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Can you shine some light on the situation with him?

As f ar as I'm aware, he is backed by a very rich Saudi family.

The fit and proper persons test is a bit of a farce, really. If Gillett and Hicks want to sell, they can sell to whoever they deem fit, provided they meet the asking price. I think it's best to take sceptical position. Gillett and Hicks don't have the same set of morals as we do. They are proven liars, double-dealing cheats. We don't know who this very rich Saudi family are, which is a massive problem, nor do we know their intentions. It's perhaps hysterical to suggest we'll get relegate but it's entirely reasonable to be extremely cautious about this process.

The fit and proper persons test is a bit of a farce, really. If Gillett and Hicks want to sell, they can sell to whoever they deem fit, provided they meet the asking price. I think it's best to take sceptical position. Gillett and Hicks don't have the same set of morals as we do. They are proven liars, double-dealing cheats. We don't know who this very rich Saudi family are, which is a massive problem, nor do we know their intentions. It's perhaps hysterical to suggest we'll get relegate but it's entirely reasonable to be extremely cautious about this process.

I agree with the sentiment but aren't all the noises coming out of Anfield saying Gillett and Hicks don't have the last say who the club is sold to?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I agree with all of that (although, the fit and proper test has been made tougher. Not that it'll stop a sale, but it will alert everybody to their failure). The problem I have is saying, when we don't even know who Kirdi is backed by, that it is a fact we'll go bust and be relegated.

We know fuck all about who the Chinese backers are (although, coming from a much more stable economy, it is a less worrying proposition if backed by somebody like CIC), we know virtually nothing about any of these bidders.

I think we should see what transpires in the next 24 hours.

Do you call the fire brigade when you burn toast? I think you might do.

Well, if you think a reputationless friend of the Gillett family plucked from obscurity to bid for Liverpool FC & backed by investers from "the Middle East" and Canada (who has had sporting interest in Canada over the last decade? Hmm..I'm scrambling for a name...) and assisted by Wells Fargo (Wachovia) is going to bring anything but catastrophe, I think you're naive. But should it go ahead, enjoy.

I know Ngog took the piss earlier but its done, has been on for a week and now its sorted.

He's bought us.

SSN report refers to Kirdi negotiating directly with H&G, not Broughton and Barcap. Kirdi is Canadian resident they say. Also saying that he is their preferre deal and is close to agreement.

I agree and apply the same reservations to all the bidders. We need to know who is behind the bids before being able to have an opinion. Not that it will affect the outcome. I have a feeling that all the bids will involve money from morally dubious sources. I guess the best outcome is someone who is not that dodgy.

As for Hamstrung, frow up and stop hiding behind your reputation button you absolute fuckwitt.

Another one that doesn't care about all that negging stuff. Take a joke, fuckwitt (sic).

Young (and I use the word in the loosest possible sense) Hamstrung is getting pelted by the newbies on here recently. I bet he's devo'd.

I always seem to neg the unstable ones.

Guest ShoePiss

All I want is an owner that won't put the purchase as debt on the club, reduces the debt to a level that doesn't mean we have to sell to buy and can get the best rates of interest for a stadium finance.

If we end up with the same shite again I don't think I can stay emotionally involved, just too much.

Well, if you think a reputationless friend of the Gillett family plucked from obscurity to bid for Liverpool FC & backed by investers from "the Middle East" and Canada (who has had sporting interest in Canada over the last decade? Hmm..I'm scrambling for a name...) and assisted by Wells Fargo (Wachovia) is going to bring anything but catastrophe, I think you're naive. But should it go ahead, enjoy.

Surely you don't believe that Gillette is orchastrating the said bid.

All I want is an owner that won't put the purchase as debt on the club, reduces the debt to a level that doesn't mean we have to sell to buy and can get the best rates of interest for a stadium finance.

If we end up with the same shite again I don't think I can stay emotionally involved, just too much.

I agree. I don't want a sugar daddy. I want the club to be sensibly run and for it to live within it's means. Take away the debt and we are profitable and can compete.

Guest The Chimp

I know for a fact of long-established links between Kirdi and Foster Gillett so whilst it is a hunch on TheDrowningMan's part, there's some merit in his scepticism.

So what is going on now, this kirdi guy is now reported to be backed by someone from the middle east ?

If so it is most probably one of the roayl families in the U.A.E, and that's IF there is even a bid, because we know how the media likes to bring back old stories back to life.

I want the owner that will be best for this club, just remove the debts, build the stadium, give roy a bit more finances and we should be fine.

Just get the yanks out.