You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Fowler backs Redknapp to get a fat new contract out of Spurs now that his mate Jamie has asked him to have a word, that should read.

Or maybe the crazy cat is just giving his own opinion? I know it's an outlandish theory but I reckon that could well be the case here.

Or maybe the crazy cat is just giving his own opinion? I know it's an outlandish theory but I reckon that could well be the case here.

I don't really mind either way to be honest. No chance we'll appoint Redknapp and 'Arry knows it, but it just happens to be contract renewal time with Spurs ...

I don't really mind either way to be honest. No chance we'll appoint Redknapp and 'Arry knows it, but it just happens to be contract renewal time with Spurs ...

Redknapp has no chance.

We dont do Cockneys.

You might well both be right of course. I just think he is a better manager than Roy Hodgson (probably not a better person though).

I bet online with Coral. The cunts have changed the wesbite and the football bets seem limited now. I want to place a bet on who our next manager is but it doesnt appear to be available.

Anybody else use Coral?

I bet online with Coral. The cunts have changed the wesbite and the football bets seem limited now. I want to place a bet on who our next manager is but it doesnt appear to be available.

Anybody else use Coral?

I've noticed most seem to remove their odds through the night, should be back on there in the morning.

I've noticed most seem to remove their odds through the night, should be back on there in the morning.

I have looked at night both times to be fair. I'll check again tomorrow in daylight! They must react to what the papers say.

Hodgson has a very good record and I think he'd be an excellent appointment for a year or two. Blackburn are the only club he hasn't left in a better state than he found them, and even then he'd actually done a very good job during his first season at the helm. But, of course, three bad months is all it takes to undo good work.

In an ideal world it wouldn't be the case, but in lieu of a Guardiola, Mourinho or Hiddink magically appearing in the dugout for the opening game of next season, we could do far worse than have Hodgson take the helm for a couple of seasons.

Hodgson has a very good record and I think he'd be an excellent appointment for a year or two. Blackburn are the only club he hasn't left in a better state than he found them, and even then he'd actually done a very good job during his first season at the helm. But, of course, three bad months is all it takes to undo good work.

In an ideal world it wouldn't be the case, but in lieu of a Guardiola, Mourinho or Hiddink magically appearing in the dugout for the opening game of next season, we could do far worse than have Hodgson take the helm for a couple of seasons.

Care to elaborate? I only ask because I've had a look at his record, and it seems pretty average to me.

You're clutching at straws now.

There's a fuckload of rumour, conjecture and spin out there. Just sitting back and waiting. I don't trust the owners/Purslow/Broughton to find a new manager, but hopefully Kenny being on board should save us from the absolute worst. Wait and see I suppose.

Pellegrini would be my choice, he's done well at both improving a midtable club into a Champions League side and managing a top side full of international egotists. We're somewhere between that I suppose; not quite a provincial unfashionable team but not quite in the same tier as (spits) Real Madrid (although we're probably as much a circus, albeit in a different way). Think he'd do well here if his English is decent.

I can also see the logic in Roy Hodgson. I doubt he'd be an unmitigated disaster, I think he'd steady the ship and would be able to coax some good performances out of a lot of the players. But at the end of the day, he wouldn't demand too much money, would be keen on one big shot at a big-name club in England and, most crucially given our ownership limbo, be willing to work on a shortish contract. He wouldn't be my first choice at all, but if he came here I'd be reasonably happy as it would hopefully add more weight to the "we're definitely being sold" theory.

There's a fuckload of rumour, conjecture and spin out there. Just sitting back and waiting. I don't trust the owners/Purslow/Broughton to find a new manager, but hopefully Kenny being on board should save us from the absolute worst. Wait and see I suppose.

Pellegrini would be my choice, he's done well at both improving a midtable club into a Champions League side and managing a top side full of international egotists. We're somewhere between that I suppose; not quite a provincial unfashionable team but not quite in the same tier as (spits) Real Madrid (although we're probably as much a circus, albeit in a different way). Think he'd do well here if his English is decent.

I can also see the logic in Roy Hodgson. I doubt he'd be an unmitigated disaster, I think he'd steady the ship and would be able to coax some good performances out of a lot of the players. But at the end of the day, he wouldn't demand too much money, would be keen on one big shot at a big-name club in England and, most crucially given our ownership limbo, be willing to work on a shortish contract. He wouldn't be my first choice at all, but if he came here I'd be reasonably happy as it would hopefully add more weight to the "we're definitely being sold" theory.

It's which particular players he's going to be able to coax performances out of which appears to be the biggest hurdle. The same applies to anyone else who's linked.

Not sure if already posted, but pinched from the offal media watch area

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Lippi represents the kind of solidity and success rate that the new Anfield owners are looking for.

His presence would also help guarantee that stars such as Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres will stay on at the club.

The newspaper claims that both Liverpool legends Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush would support this appointment

I seem to remember him looking cool as fuck smoking his big cigars whilst wearing his massive silver coat at Juve.

Not sure if already posted, but pinched from the offal media watch area

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Lippi represents the kind of solidity and success rate that the new Anfield owners are looking for.

His presence would also help guarantee that stars such as Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres will stay on at the club.

The newspaper claims that both Liverpool legends Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush would support this appointment

I seem to remember him looking cool as fuck smoking his big cigars whilst wearing his massive silver coat at Juve.

New owners in the wings? I think so.

Somebody must have wanted Benitez gone very badly is all i can say.

Good riddance too.

How can he trouser £6mill and then walk straight to Inter on £8mill a year?

I thought we were skint? Somebody must have money to spunk.

Rafa got what he wanted, the only slight flaw in his plan, is that he now has to wait for Maureen to get the bullet at Madrid.

All season watching him make one bizarre decision after another, im thinking he is trying to fuck this up.

There was no other explanation.

The mans a genius

And yet all these boards are still full of people lauding him,:wallbutt: and worried about what Redknapp might spiv out of us.

Hes gonna have to work hard to better Benitez at that.

BTW I reckon Van Gaal is the best man for the job if anyone cares...