You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lee Chung-Yong

StevieH

The South Korean has really impressed me whenever I have seen him play for Bolton this season.

Whether he is good enough to make the step up and play for Liverpool is open to debate, but he possesses genuine pace and real flair and looks a very good player who is probably better than our current options out wide.

Theres plenty of Asian footy players I have rated but they never seem to get any real recognition. Haven't seen enough of him particularly.

Ji Sung Park I have always rated TBH, probably the only manc player despite him being a manc. Theres Junichi Inamoto, I thought he was great, really like him but Wenger disagreed. Who was the chap at Fulham who played up front but didn't seem to get any recognition? Think he left recently, he was a good busy forward. I thought Pyo was good till Spurs ruined him and there was another defensive centre mid, Japanese or Korean, can't remember now. The asian players never seem to get recognised.

Commercially it would be worth a punt.

That would be another bonus, but I actually think he is a very talented footballer who has adapted extremely well to the Premiership.

The only criticism I have of him, is that he doesn't track back and seems to go missing defensively at times.

Stevie H makes a thread and his agent is denying it already...

Lee Chung-Yong Is Not Leaving Bolton Wanderers For Liverpool - Agent - Goal.com

Lee Chung-Yong Is Not Leaving Bolton Wanderers For Liverpool - Agent

Korean to stay put at Reebok...

By Zack Wilson

Mar 29, 2010 3:09:00 PM

Bolton Wanderers winger Lee Chung-Yong will not be swapping the Trotters for Liverpool in the summer, according to his agent.

The South Korean has been linked with the Reds in reports in his homeland, with the Merseysiders said to be keen to exploit the commercial potential of signing such a well-known Asian player.

Dong-A Ilbo claimed that the player was being linked with Liverpool in the wake of the Merseysiders having concluded a sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered Bank, as they look to boost revenue streams in the Far East.

However, a spokesperson from TI Sports, Lee's representatives, quelled talk of a possible switch.

"I never received the offer from Liverpool, there was absolutely no contact. Speculation about the future is not helpful," he told reporters.

"[The link is] in a word, absurd. Liverpool did not have any discussion.

"Next season will be a lot easier [for Lee], but there is still much to learn in terms of player development.

"Lee wants to be a regular at Bolton next season, this is important [for him]. It is important that Bolton stay in the Premier League, that is the biggest objective."

TI Sports also confirmed that talks are in the pipeline at Bolton about a new contract for the winger following a steady season at the Reebok for him.

Lee joined Bolton from FC Seoul for a reported £2.2 million in summer 2009 and has hit five goals so far this season

Page Not Found | Click Liverpool

Rafael Benitez is reportedly lining up a bid of £8 million to bring Bolton winger Lee Chung-Yong to Anfield this summer.

Last week, the South Korean's management company described any thought of the player leaving the Reebok Stadium as 'absurd', but that has not deterred the Liverpool manager who hopes to strengthen his ranks in the close season after a disappointing campaign.

Lee's arrival would be funded by the sale of Albert Riera, with Benitez hopeful of offloading the troublesome Spain international before the close of the Russian transfer window this Thursday.

The 21-year-old has netted five goals for the Trotters since arriving from FC Seoul last year and has become a regular in Owen Coyle's side, and Gary Megson before him.

Meanwhile, Arsenal have joined the Reds in their pursuit for Wigan Athletic hitman Hugo Rodallega despite the Colombian, whose goal condemned Benitez's side to defeat at the DW Stadium last month, refusing to discuss speculation until the summer market opens.

He said: "Right now, my head is focused on playing with Wigan, to finish the season well and keep us in the division.

“There are many rumours about several teams but nothing is concrete until the market opens for players in June.

"It is something that is rumoured and I cannot take it to heart. We're talking about a very large, very established top club that is practically historical in England.

"You have to take it easy and keep things going smoothly while you can accomplish something."