You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Birth, marriage, death certificates scam.

lifetime fan

I've been well and truely had by a scam involving these certificates. I needed a replacement birth certificate for my crb check so quickly had a look on google.

The first site was Birth Certificates and to be honest I was a dumb shit for not noticing it wasn't a .gov.uk website. My net at home is fucked so was trying to sort this on my blackberry and didn't pay as much attention as I should have. I comopleted the online application form for a new birth certificate and at the end you have 3 delivery options;

15 days for £25

5 days for £40 or

2 days for £60.

I opted for the 5 day option as I wanted to send of my crb check as quickly as possible.

A week has now passed with no sign of my birth certificate so I rang the registry office who informed me I had been conned and that this was very common. The official registry would have issued a birth certificate in 48 hours for £26. I asked how it was possible for them to issue my birth certificate to a third party under the DPA but was told these comoanies had been investigated and found to be doing nothing wrong.

Suprise suprise the cunts are now refusing to answer my emails and the telephone number automatically goes to answerphone.

I know I should have checked the site more carefully but want to make sure no one else gets stung by these cunts.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

BMD Certificates Limited

2nd Floor

145-157 St John Street

London EC1V 4PY

I'd firebomb the cunts. Then again, I'm a bit of a prick over stuff like this.

There is a decent bar opposite the location of that alledged office called Cicada

The outside area catchs the sun so if they did in fact exist, any fit female members of staff could well provide Tit monday viewing in a few weeks

Doubt that eases your pain though....

BMD Certificates Limited

2nd Floor

145-157 St John Street

London EC1V 4PY

I'd firebomb the cunts. Then again, I'm a bit of a prick over stuff like this.

I'd drop in and pay them a visit if I lived anywhere near London.

Anyone know what my chances are for trying to get my money back through my bank? Don't fancy my chances of course.

Guest Pistonbroke
I'd drop in and pay them a visit if I lived anywhere near London.

Anyone know what my chances are for trying to get my money back through my bank? Don't fancy my chances of course.

Not sure. If you transferred the money then none, if they took the money out of your account loads. I'm taking it you transferred ?

Surely the police would have to look into this as it's fraud.

Guest Pistonbroke
It's not fraud or a scam, you can get copies of anyone's birth certificate, death certificate etc from the register office. That's all this company does.

I thought he hasn't been sent one yet.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's not fraud or a scam, you can get copies of anyone's birth certificate, death certificate etc from the register office. That's all this company does.

It is a scam in so far as they are selling you what costs £26 it for 60 quid, then not sending it to you in any such timeframe.

I thought he hasn't been sent one yet.

Apparently he hasn't received one yet. Since today is 1 week (ie the stated 5 working days) since he placed the order, I wouldn't read too much into that.

It is a scam in so far as they are selling you what costs £26 it for 60 quid

Welcome to Planet Earth ;)

then not sending it to you in any such timeframe.

See above. We are still within the stated timeframe.

Since I live/work near by & fancied streching my legs, I just wandered up there for you.

145-157 is indeed a modern office block,just a bit futher North & on the opposite side to Cicada.

There are legitimate accountancy & architect businesses in there but absolutely no sign of BMD.

It may just be using it is a shell address but the signs are not promising, as suggested.

NN's firebombs can also be redirected... unless of course you or he have something against accountants/architects in which case try & keep it to that side of the road as i quite like Cicada.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well, those two go hand in hand. They are offering to sell you something they can't deliver: a 2 day service for £60. Considering the registry office are saying 48hr, they can't get it to you in the same timeframe. Which is a scam.

Clearly a cuntish place, pedantry aside. Not really sure why you're defending them, mate?

Apparently he hasn't received one yet. Since today is 1 week (ie the stated 5 working days) since he placed the order, I wouldn't read too much into that.

What the fuck are you talking about? I have not received it there is no 'apparently' about it.

And it is not within the time frame, today is 13 days since l placed the order. Be a condesending twat because I did research the company properly but leave out the bullshit you know nothing about.

What the fuck are you talking about? I have not received it there is no 'apparently' about it.

And it is not within the time frame, today is 13 days since l placed the order. Be a condesending twat because I did research the company properly but leave out the bullshit you know nothing about.

How did you pay them? Their web site says they use RBS Worldpay to process payments to them so I'd have thought there'd be some kind of fail-safe for you there.

The address is probably their accountant's office which they're using as a reg. office address.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

woah, easy, he was only saying. I happen to think they are a bit of a bunch of scammers. If not, they are certainly shit heads. However, you've been a bit strong there.

Well, those two go hand in hand. They are offering to sell you something they can't deliver: a 2 day service for £60. Considering the registry office are saying 48hr, they can't get it to you in the same timeframe. Which is a scam.

Er, that bit's not a scam. The register office do a priority service which takes 24 hours.

I don't see why a third party using the same service on your behalf would take much longer?

Clearly a cuntish place, pedantry aside. Not really sure why you're defending them, mate?

Because they're not doing anything illegal? Yeah, it's a rip off, but that's what happens when you go through a middleman.

Jesus Christ, chill the fuck out. There wasn't anything condescending in my post. I didn't know it was 13 days. Your initial post says a week, clearly you meant a week on top of the 5 days then.

In which case it's most likely lost in the mail.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Because they're not doing anything illegal?

That would entirely depend on whether you get anything or not. It seems, from what the over eager beaver is saying, that you don't. Can't contact them, either.

Still, total shit place and total vagina for using them. Two wrongs make for a right ol' pair of fannies.

woah, easy, he was only saying. I happen to think they are a bit of a bunch of scammers. If not, they are certainly shit heads. However, you've been a bit strong there.

If I have been over the top I apologise, I took the post (possibly mistakenly) to question my integrity.

Ahem:

How did you pay them? Their web site says they use RBS Worldpay to process payments to them so I'd have thought there'd be some kind of fail-safe for you there.

The address is probably their accountant's office which they're using as a reg. office address.

There used to be a function on Companies House website where you could find the names of directors of limited companies. Seems you have to buy that info these days though.