You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Get Rid/Persevere with/Ones for the future/Must Keep.

Juan Galonso

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding replacements for the players I would happily see the back of I would love us to start adding some British players to the mix who we realistically have a chance of signing to match some of the admittedly class foreign players we have in Pepe, Torres, Mascherano etc.

I would be happy to see the likes of Shawcross or Cahill, even the likes of Kevin Davies would be better than anything we have Torres apart obviously, the likes of Noble for Lucas, that Tom Cairney kid from Hull looks really promising, Carlton Cole, Figueroa, N'Zogbia and even the likes of Chris Brunt and Andy Carroll may be worth looking at. All good young (in the main) hungry players who want to better and prove themselves.

out

El Zhar

Babel

Degen

Aurelio

Spearing

Darby

Plessis

persevere with

Lucas

Maxi

Cavalieri

Nick the Greek

Skrtel

Carra

Riera

Kuyt

Yossi

ones for the future

Pacheco

Insua

Ngog

Kelly

Nemeth

must keep

Pepe

Johnson

Agger

Mascherano

Aquilani

Stevie

Torres

i maintain we have a decent squad just Rafa's fucked up this season

As long as Babel's the first out the fucking door I don't care, and without going into too much more detail I'd persevere with Agger, if he can stay fit and it's a big if he could be a really good player for us again, certainly good enough to keep in the squad given the financial situation.

Figueroa is from Honduras. Or somewhere mad like that. I wouldn't mind Shawcross but his knees are fucked. He can't train everyday.

I'd like us to get a winger like Di Maria or an attacking midfielder liek David Silva but i think both would be out of our price range.

people seem to forget insua is just 20 and has looked good at times this season, he is definitely for the future. anyway....

GET RID:

Degen

Aurelio

Babel

Agger

El Zhar

Plessis

Riera

Kuyt

PERSEVERE WITH:

Cavalieri

Maxi

Aquilani

Skrtel

Kyriakos

Lucas

ONES FOR THE FUTURE PART OF THE SQUAD:

insua

Kelly

Pacheco

Martin

N'gog

DEFINITELY KEEP:

Reina

Carragher

Gerrard

Torres

Mascherano

Johnson

Isn't it quite startling that nearly everyones definitely keep no matter what are the same 6 players. 2 of which Rafa inherited, after 79 odd transfers in 6 years. A damning statistic if ever there was one that only 4 of Rafa's signings are deemed as definitely 100% being worthy of keeping by the majority.

I know some people would keep some other players but the core of people are picking the same players to keep whilst the jury is out on a lot of them and the majority of the other players everyone is in agreement that they need to be moved on.

Figueroa is from Honduras. Or somewhere mad like that. I wouldn't mind Shawcross but his knees are fucked. He can't train everyday.

I'd like us to get a winger like Di Maria or an attacking midfielder liek David Silva but i think both would be out of our price range.

He's Honduran, the same as Palacios, another player I'd have loved to have come here.

Why is everyone so keen to get rid of Cavalieri? He's an excellent back up if you ask me.

I always thought, and I said this at the time, that signing him was a mistake. He cost 3.5m, and Rafa seemed to be operating on the same principle he was when he signed Carson, namely that he could ship him off for more a few years later, but he doesn't ever play for the reserves and is behind the best, least injured 'keeper in the country. I'd have thought signing a 34 year old made more sense because there is a difference, although you wouldn't know it from our squad, between an £8m player and an £11.5m player.

You're having a laugh there, right? An entire team can act like spoilt brats, sulk, gob off to the media, let themselves, the manager, the club and the fans down week after week, and the best thing to do is give in to them, and sack the manager?

Keeping;

Reina

Carragher

Gerrard

Torres

Mascherano

Johnson

is more important than Rafa staying on, cause they'll fuck off if this shitefest continues.

Sorry for changing your categories mate, but I would;

Definitely Keep:

Reina

Torres

Gerrard

Carragher

Mascherano

Johnson

Sell at the right money:

Benayoun

Kuyt

Riera

Maxi

Babel

Agger

Skrtel

Cavalieri

Lucas

Sell at any price:

N'Gog

Degen

Aurelio

Plessis

El Zhar

Keep for the future:

Pacheco

Darby

Kelly

Insua

Spearing

GET RID:

RAFA - getting Liverpool to be one of the most boring team to watch

Kuyt - we might get good money for him- poor first touch

Aurelio - too much effort to keep

Lucas - too slow and clueless

Benayoun - still can get us good money

Greek guy - too slow and poor in the air

Plessis - Diao mark II

Riera - sell

PERSEVERE WITH:

Cavalieri -GK

Maxi - LW

Aquilani -CM

Skrtel - CB

Agger - CB

El Zhar -RW ( give more chance to play)

N'Gog - 4th striker

Degen - RB/RW

Babel - but only if RAFA goes - LW/ST

Carragher- RB/CB

Insua - LB

Kelly - CB

Darby - RB

Spearing -DCM

Pacheco - ACM

Martin - GK

Lauri - ST

Eccelston -ST

Nemeth -ST (3rd striker)

DEFINITELY KEEP:

Reina - GK

Gerrard - CM

Torres - ST

Mascherano - DM ( if want to stay)

Johnson - RB

In the summer , we will have the Serb coming in as 2nd striker (hopefully can partner Torres)

I would say that we need at least 3 more player :

1st choice RW : Preferably someone like Turan

1st chice LB :

Another good CM :

Got to be careful that you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, we are not in drastic need of an overhaul, evolution rather than revolution.

Get Rid,

Riera, Babel, Itandje, Benayoun, The Greek, Aurelio, Degen, Aquilani, ideally I would add Kuyt but he won't go so not bothering offering him up.

I would consider offers for the following, Agger, Skytl and Lucas.

If you agree that our lack of creativity is the key then they are the players that should be out first. I think we can trade, Riera, Babel and Benny for (example) Turan, Krasnic and Simao (still like him) and I think the team would improve dramatically for very little money and we could forgo the drastic overhaul.

I have noticed watching a few other teams this last few weeks, and how many of them have players who play week in week in different positions and it doesn't affect the team.

United have Nani who plays left or right, Giggs left or in centre, Fletcher right or in centre, Arsenal, players who can play either wing, Diaby can play on the left or right.

Babel we know about, Reira can only play the left, Benny only wants to play the right, Lucas looks lost out of defensive mid, we could do with a few more adaptable players who could also save us a bit of money in the long run.

Just my tuppence worth.

Isn't it quite startling that nearly everyones definitely keep no matter what are the same 6 players. 2 of which Rafa inherited, after 79 odd transfers in 6 years. A damning statistic if ever there was one that only 4 of Rafa's signings are deemed as definitely 100% being worthy of keeping by the majority.

I know some people would keep some other players but the core of people are picking the same players to keep whilst the jury is out on a lot of them and the majority of the other players everyone is in agreement that they need to be moved on.

And yet if you asked this question a year ago, you would get a completely different answer..

I was bored in work yesterday so I just started thinking about our squad and the players in it and while I would happily see Benitez out the door tomorrow I put our squad into four categories.

GET RID:

Cavalieri

Degen

Insua

Aurelio

Lucas

Babel

Agger

El Zhar

Plessis

N'Gog

Riera

Kuyt

PERSEVERE WITH:

Maxi

Aquilani

Skrtel

Kyriakos

Kelly

Darby

Spearing

Pacheco

Martin

DEFINITELY KEEP:

Reina

Carragher

Gerrard

Torres

Mascherano

Johnson

Who would others on here be happy to ship out and keep on?

Agree with all of that but I would keep Agger and Kuyt in the squad.

Guest Pistonbroke

GET RID:

Degen

Insua

Aurelio

Lucas

Babel

El Zhar

Plessis

Riera

Kuyt

PERSEVERE WITH:

Martin

Maxi

Aquilani

Skrtel

Kyriakos

Cavalieri

Kelly

Eccleston

Darby

Spearing

Pacheco

Martin

Ngog. ( in here as he still has a lot to learn for me )

DEFINITELY KEEP:

Gerrard

Torres

Reina

Mascherano

Johnson

Benayoun

Agger

Carra ( Player/coaching role )

Apart from the obvious dead wood players like Degen and El Zhar I'd say you could persevere with the rest because you never know what a new manager could get out of them. I bet in 2004 most would have binned Finnan but a new manager came in and he improved.

I wouldn't be too arsed if we sold the likes of Riera, Babel, Lucas to raise a bit of cash though.

I don't get the dislike of Insua!

Just baffling, he has had a different centre half week in week out, a different left midfielder week in week out, played more or less every match, and as with most young players he finds some matches difficult.

He has put in some really good performances this season, Villa away springs to mind, but everyone focuses on the shite ones, even Monday night, I thought he did well second half and considering he had that shithouse in front of him, even better.

I don't get it.

I don't get the dislike of Lucas either, but we have done that to death.

If the players can show the mental strength, ability and commitment to salvage something from this season then my inclination would be not to make big changes and give most of them and the manager another season to see if they can show this season was a one-off. Obviously I'd still get rid of some of the no-hopers (Babel, Plessis, El Zhar, Degen etc) and others I'd look to improve upon (Riera, Aurelio and one of Skrtel/Agger).

If the players carry on as they are and continue to stink the place out then I think we should accept we're out of the CL for the foreseeable future and we either start to rebuild radically now or drift ever downwards on and off the field. I'd want to give the new manager carte blanche to clear out the squad to raise cash to bring in new young players with heart and enthusiasm. The only players I'd definitely want to keep are Torres and Reina. In this scenario I'd cash in on Gerrard while he can still bring in a big fee.

The trouble is I don't trust the owners either to bring in a manager of the required quality or to give him the financial support he'd need. So in short I think we're probably fucked big time unless we can scrape 4th or find new owners.

Guest Pistonbroke
I don't get the dislike of Insua!

The lad is just not quick enough to play at left back. His positioning as a defender is woeful at times and leads to us constantly dragging other players out wide left to cover his arse. He looks like he has the pace to beat players when going forward yet gets skinned whilst defending. IMO the lad just can't defend, which is a pretty big minus point considering he's a defender.

GET RID:

Cavalieri

Degen

Aurelio

Babel

El Zhar

Plessis

Riera

PERSEVERE WITH:

Maxi

Aquilani

Skrtel

Kyriakos

Insua

Lucas

N'Gog

PART OF THE SQUAD:

Kelly

Darby

Spearing

Pacheco

Martin

Agger

Yossi

Kuyt

Carragher

DEFINITELY KEEP:

Reina

Gerrard

Torres

Mascherano

Johnson

Agger

Pretty much the same as others, though im probably more likely to keep a number of players and hope for the best that they'll turn out ok