You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fantastic stuff there: keep up the good work! Battles in our name go on all over the world, and it's great to know that people care and DO things.

As for England, I hope they get beat. But maybe not by America. Maybe a draw. But beaten by everyone else!

Can anyone detach politics and culture from international football? I can never do it.

yes - and it's a strategy for developing the grassroots of the game.

Anyway, I don't want this to distract from what an utter, UTTER cunt Cohen is - but he has nothing to do with the States - his particular brand of bigotry is most definitely Made in England. The NY fan club is doing some great work on this. Pity there is no Canadian equivalent worthy of the name.

He has nothing to do with the States? Really? Blame it all on England, a country he hasn't lived in for years. What an extremely odd thing to say.

Guest ShoePiss
He has nothing to do with the States? Really? Blame it all on England, a country he hasn't lived in for years. What an extremely odd thing to say.

English in accent only really and even that's debatable. Went over when he was 19 and joined the US Army, he's a US citizen and must be over 45.

I agree it wasn't the best thing for him to say, especially when responding to a sweeping generalisation!

English in accent only really and even that's debatable. Went over when he was 19 and joined the US Army, he's a US citizen and must be over 45.

I agree it wasn't the best thing for him to say, especially when responding to a sweeping generalisation!

It just appeared strange to me that even entered the lads head.

When I think of Cohen I don't think of a nationality, I think of a part of the female anatomy.

Fantastic stuff there: keep up the good work! Battles in our name go on all over the world, and it's great to know that people care and DO things.

As for England, I hope they get beat. But maybe not by America. Maybe a draw. But beaten by everyone else!

Can anyone detach politics and culture from international football? I can never do it.

I can't stand the Brazil/Nike circus but don't mind the country at all and the US can do my head in in a way other's rarely can but they were one of my favourite teams in the Japan/Korea world cup.

I think what I meant to say was his attitude is not typically American. They just don't seem to have the petty grudges and hatreds over sports that we do. In that, I meant that Cohen is very English. He's probably trying to be even more English by being outrageous. He's an absolute arsehole.

But as I said (or meant to), it's a generalisation.

Having said that, there isn't much I don't blame England for :whistle:

I think what I meant to say was his attitude is not typically American. They just don't seem to have the petty grudges and hatreds over sports that we do. In that, I meant that Cohen is very English. He's probably trying to be even more English by being outrageous. He's an absolute arsehole.

Only English people act like outrageous arseholes on the radio?

Guest ShoePiss

Maybe you should invite a Redsox and a Yankee fan over for dinner, or maybe a Niner and a Raider fan.

Or, you'll like this one, a Portland Timbers and a Seattle Sounders fan.

Are you English by the way?

Maybe you should invite a Redsox and a Yankee fan over for dinner, or maybe a Niner and a Raider fan.

No, I'm not English, I'm a scouser.

It's a generalisation, as I said.

Guest ShoePiss
No, I'm not English, I'm a scouser.

It's a generalisation, as I said.

It's a daft generalisation especially when you were responding to pretty much the same thing.

From a fellow Englishman abroad.

Speaking of that, coming up next thursday?

Football is more tribal than American sports simply because we don't have the franchise system (bar one cunt of a club *spits*). Would I be right in thinking that most fans are loyal to their city/state first and that's what starts the best rivalries? Other than that it's good professional rivalry in that teams are at the top of their sports and clash as a result, like the Celtics and Lakers.

Either way, Cohen isn't a product of either, he's just a massive weapon.

Guest ShoePiss
Speaking of that, coming up next thursday?

As of this morning yes I am, was supposed to be in Phoenix watching some baseball but that's now later this month. Quite a lot of Timbers coming up considering it's a pre-season friendly.