You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

To be honest I feel a bit sorry for Rafa today, the changes he could have made were severely limited by the injuries. We've just totally got the footballing gods against us at the moment with that. Whilst Rafa was happy for us to sink back once we took the lead, the players needed to push 10 yards further up the pitch because once that horrible deformed cunt came on, City were pinning us back, we needed to make them work to get the ball into the box and we didn't. But our dropping deep was instantaneous with us scoring. We panicked.

Thankfully, City shit themselves when they (undeservedly) went in front. I didn't think too much of them at all, considering all the money they've spent. I reckon we'd have carried on going at them with more subs left, but we just never seemed to believe we could score again.

One bugbear with the officiating, if not related to any important issues. Phil Dowd is a fat, useless cunt. He went racing to book Carragher and Lucas yet that Adebayor was allowed to foul people for 90 minutes and wasn't even spoken to once. Cunt.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm completely calm now and my resolve remains; i want him out, i no longer have any confidence in his decision making, i'm all for prudence but now isn't the time for that. As far as i'm concerned he has no courage. He's been a good Liverpol manager but his time now is up, no way will he take us any further, he simply hasn't got the bottle for it.

I think the club could do a lot worse than just send him on holiday for a month and give Sammy Lee the reigns.

However I dont think Rafas supporters would like the outcome

City`s first goal was coming for a good ten minutes and yet the Manager doesn`t see fit to change anything, worse still he still kept the status quo even after the inevitable equalizer which in turn leads to a 1-2 deficit. After it goes to 2-2 with a few minutes remaining and staring at 2 points dropped at home again, decides to ignore the £20m attacking midfielder in favour of a fullback pushed into midfield.

I`ve tried to be fair and supportive of Benitez despite wanting him long gone but today was the final straw for me in trying to be balanced about him, Please rafa get the fuck out of my Club and take your shithouse, negative and clueless tactics with you. You no longer have any idea what you`re doing and are now a liability to the team.

I thought the drama queens at Anfield were bad enough today but some on here are taking it to the next level. Well done to you's for that.

We was the master of our own downfall again today with some of our defending, but players making mistakes are of course the managers doing.

Rafa plays Gerrard and/or Nando he's risking them and doing it for himself and not the club. Rafa doesn't play Aquilani and he's a negative manager who'd rather draw than win the game.

Fucking hell the patience shown by many is shockingly bad.

Yes let's be patient with Rafa. Maybe we'll win 3 games in the next 20 matches and be on the 40-point mark thereby safe from relegation!! As you said, let's be patient. I love Rafa. He can do no wrong.

Just got in and haven't scanned all this thread but does anybody else feel that De Jongh's two footed, studs exposed tackle on Babel might have brought a card from another referee? I know the slimey cunt got the ball but it was a recklessly dangerous challenge and put our man out of the game.

Kuyt and Gerrard were poor, as were our back four at times. Mascherano and Lucas did quite well, but it was a fuck up of a game. Still a long way to go. Less hopeful than this morning but still a long road ahead.

City`s first goal was coming for a good ten minutes and yet the Manager doesn`t see fit to change anything, worse still he still kept the status quo even after the inevitable equalizer which in turn leads to a 1-2 deficit. After it goes to 2-2 with a few minutes remaining and staring at 2 points dropped at home again, decides to ignore the £20m attacking midfielder in favour of a fullback pushed into midfield.

I`ve tried to be fair and supportive of Benitez despite wanting him long gone but today was the final straw for me in trying to be balanced about him, Please rafa get the fuck out of my Club and take your shithouse, negative and clueless tactics with you. You no longer have any idea what you`re doing and are now a liability to the team.

Repped.

No, of course it isn't but you know he wasn't saying that.

The point I was trying to make above is that some people's impressions of Rafa's subs, the reasons for them and the changes he's trying to effect seem to be coloured heavily by the fact that the starting point for their analysis is that they think he's a shithouse defensive coach - everything is then viewed from inside that presumption, so bringing on a player who is nominally a left back, even though he's played plenty of games in midfield, must be defensive and can't possibly have been an attempt to make the team's overall play more solid and deliver better balls for the attackers.

It isn't the fact that some people disagree with me that's annoying, that's opinions for you, it's the fact that so many seem to be completely incapable of even seeing another possibility.

Fair enough, i just don't agree; my opinion is that i'm now totally convinced he lacks bottle, and you will get precisely nowhere with that affliction; we need a change, i have never been so convinced of something in my life.

Just got in and haven't scanned all this thread but does anybody else feel that De Jongh's two footed, studs exposed tackle on Babel might have brought a card from another referee? I know the slimey cunt got the ball but it was a recklessly dangerous challenge and put our man out of the game.

Kuyt and Gerrard were poor, as were our back four at times. Mascherano and Lucas did quite well, but it was a fuck up of a game. Still a long way to go. Less hopeful than this morning but still a long road ahead.

Not that referee. He wouldn't have given a City player a yellow card today if they'd shot someone with a gun.

Rafa is still very much the right man for the job.

Same question as in the other thread, seriously how is Rafa every going to turn it around where he has the full support of the players and gets us winning trophies again.

The stats say everything and that before you look at performances and Rafas decision making processess

Fully agree - that was a million times worse than Degen's against Fulham. He went straight throught the man

Well thats just an example. I wasn't at the game, I can only refer back to the Lyon at home game I last went to , plenty of boos, plenty of disenchantment. As I have already said the draw wasn't a bad result in isolation, but in the grand scheme it isn't good enough.

It's incredibly depressing,

Massively so.

Anyone who ain't pissed off that we've only won 1 in 10 but some of the comments here and at the game have been pathetic. I'd expect more from than this a 12 year old.

I'm not saying that everyone showing discontent is a drama queen, far from it.

Fair enough, i just don't agree; my opinion is that i'm now totally convinced he lacks bottle, and you will get precisely nowhere with that affliction; we need a change, i have never been so convinced of something in my life.

He made a subsitution to secure a point rather than trying to win two

I think City were there for the taking today, they don't impress me at all; he had an attacking midfielder on the bench and on the last throw of the dice chose to put on a defender, my support for him died there and then; he quite clearly has no bottle.

He has a player in Aquilani who's yet to do anything in a Red shirt. Not saying in his brief minutes on the pitch he should have but still.

If he was fit or if Riera etc was fit then I can't see the decision being the same. In fact I'd have expected even Yossi to remain on but obviously he couldn't.

If Rafa had brough on Aquilani do you really think in them last 10 minutes it'd have made a massive impact?

Given this is the sorta time he came on against Birmingham and wasn't at the match pace.

Yes let's be patient with Rafa. Maybe we'll win 3 games in the next 20 matches and be on the 40-point mark thereby safe from relegation!! As you said, let's be patient. I love Rafa. He can do no wrong.

Creative writing your strong point is it?

Just a guess given you've managed to get the above from my post.

If you're struggling for a goal it seems to make sense to me to 'bring on an attacking player'. Likewise when our defense is so leaky it doesn't make sense to invite pressure onto ourselves and sit back. I don't think you have to be a tactical genius to spot the basic mistakes Rafa is making over and over again.

I support Rafa but honestly, some of the excuse making that is being carried out on his behalf is embarrassing. He's consistently making bad calls, I'd rather we acknowledged it, he acknowledged it, and then made amends by not doing it again. Otherwise we'll just keep falling down the table.