You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man U fans kicking themselves they didnt get Torres

Mr Piechnik

Strange how they think Torres turned them down or Athletico rejected their approach. As far as I know, ManUre never even came close to making a bid for Torres, let alone signing him. Ferguson and his wise scouts didn't think he could cut it in the Premiership, so they never had a serious interest in him.

I particularly like this little nugget:

"Torres probably wanted to go to a team where he'd be guaranteed a start every game. That would not have been the case at United"

Bellend.

Yeah I got down to that beauty then thought fuck it also there is far to much use of the word 'assumptions' for my liking.

The vast majority of the comments on there are pretty fair, to be honest. Only a few sour-grapes lemon-suckers in there.

One interesting point they talk about is how much Fergie would pay for a player, and one of them points out that the original bid for Berbatov was for £20m, which was obviously pushed up to £30m by Citeh's late arrival on the scene. I think this raises an interesting point about Whiskey Nose's personality, in that he's willing/stubborn enough to pay beyond the value of a player (even when he knows he's overpaying), just to achieve the Pyrrhic victory of supposedly getting one over on his old charge Hughes. In the long run, of course, that 'victory' has simply left him with an overpriced lemon he can't get rid of.

It's that same spiteful, venomous rage inside him that will eventually see him keeling over on the touchline as his ticker explodes over some free kick or other minor indiscretion that wasn't given.

The vast majority of the comments on there are pretty fair, to be honest. Only a few sour-grapes lemon-suckers in there.

One interesting point they talk about is how much Fergie would pay for a player, and one of them points out that the original bid for Berbatov was for £20m, which was obviously pushed up to £30m by Citeh's late arrival on the scene. I think this raises an interesting point about Whiskey Nose's personality, in that he's willing/stubborn enough to pay beyond the value of a player (even when he knows he's overpaying), just to achieve the Pyrrhic victory of supposedly getting one over on his old charge Hughes. In the long run, of course, that 'victory' has simply left him with an overpriced lemon he can't get rid of.

It's that same spiteful, venomous rage inside him that will eventually see him keeling over on the touchline as his ticker explodes over some free kick or other minor indiscretion that wasn't given.

Don't be a tease.

Imagine if Rafa spunked 85m or thereabouts on Anderson, Hargreaves ,Nani and Berbaflop.

Ronaldo's goals papered over these cracks.

Imagine if Rafa spunked 85m or thereabouts on Anderson, Hargreaves ,Nani and Berbaflop.

Ronaldo's goals papered over these cracks.

Imagine if he also had 11 league titles and 2 CL trophies to help paper over those cracks, too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There are some ridiculous posts, but also some decent ones.

My favourite one from the idiots is:

''his diving got patrice his yellow''.

He must have been watching a different game to me.

and

"Unfortunately for some bizarre reason he had his heart set on Liverpool. But yes, I think we could've changed that if we had showed some serious interest.

His loss more than ours, though."

There are some ridiculous posts, but also some decent ones.

My favourite one from the idiots is:

''his diving got patrice his yellow''.

He must have been watching a different game to me.

Ooh Patrice, I love it when you play dirteh.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I give you a Mancunian:

''he is wanker and a cheat. that Evra incidnet, when Paddy got booked, was disgraceful . Jeezas Drogba woudlnd't have done it better''

Quality.